Heritage Marina Hotel, San Francisco
Reviews - Heritage Marina Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Adventurer
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Historical Traveller Reviews of Heritage Marina Hotel
Stay somewhere elsefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel is in a great location, the breakfast and first come first serve free parking was a nice bonus, but not enough to overcome the unpleasant experience of the room in very poor shape and the inattentiveness and rudeness of the staff. Spend the a few extra dollars and enjoy yourself somewhere else.
Good place to stayfrom deafutahhiker
We were able to walk to all the places from this hotel: Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, North Beach, etc... There is also a bus stop in front of the hotel, so we were able to easily go to Japantown with the bus, only 5 to 10 minutes away with bus. We would come back to this place again if we were looking for an economic place to stay.
Cheap and adequatefrom Nuderuby
Unfriendly and Dirtyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Reasonable budget hotel with a few annoyancesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
If you came to San Francisco to stay in your room...from A TripAdvisor Member
The parking was adequate if a little tight and there may be less spaces than rooms but we never had much of a problem. Warning: If you are driving a larger vehicle the manuevers in and out of the parking area may require some ground guides to lend a hand.
The pool area was family oriented and not really my cup of tea but if I wanted a quick dip it looked clean and well maintained. I dont know about the bar or the resturant as I was staying in a neighborhood that if not famous for it's food is a least well known by the locals for great eats.
Walk 1 block up the hill to Polk street, make a right and there are at least 7 or 8 great resturants including one of the Best Thai Houses in the City....and this is a neighborhood that people live in and do their laundry and pick up their dry cleaning and walk their dogs...so sit at the cafe and enjoy. As I said before...the location is perfect for so many things and the area is VERY safe. If you are there to stay in your room then forget it...stay at the Hilton but if you are in San Francisco to see the City...you are in the right place.
Lovely Budget Hotel - Nice Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
bargain!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Good budget hotel with an ideal locationfrom jeffers555
If you are looking for a good standard budget hotel the this one is for you. It isn't the Ritz but then it doesn't try to be. What you get is clean and tidy accomodation and the complimentry continental breakfast was plentiful and a pleasant surprise. The room was a reasonable size and well furnished, although the bathroom was looking a litte tired it was very clean.
We found the property to be ideally located, only a 20 minute walk to Fishermans Wharf and only 10 minutes to Lombard St or Ghirardelli Square. Bus stops are very close for trips to Downtown, Fishermans Wharf or Golden Gate Bridge.
Overall this was a good base to explore a great city and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.
Decent room for the price.from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for San Francisco
MUNI Get a 7 day passport or month long travel pass. You can use it on all the public transport - trolleys/trams/buses/metro etc.For youths (12-17) it costs $10 for a month which is excellent value for money.
City Pass If you are planning on seeing the main visitor attractions you should purchase a city pass, available before you go from their website, or at the tourist information, or at any place that is included in the booklet. As well as giving you discounted entry on top attractions you also get a weeks bus and cable car travel, which is essential! San Francisco is hilly, you will not be able to walk everywhere!
Tips on attractions Everywhere is so accessible in San Francisco... public transport is easy to use and regular (we loved the cable cars), taxis were cheap enough too... You must see Golden Gate Park/Japanese Tea Gardens, China Town, Alcatraz, Haight Ashbury, Take a boat ride around the Bay (under the Golden Gate Bridge), a cable car around the neighbourhood (& over/ around the Golden Gate Bridge lol), Ghirardelli, Pier 39, there are some great photo opportunities... I could go on forever... You really do leave your heart here... I cant wait to go back!
Other names for Heritage Marina Hotel
- hotel heritage marina
- heritage marina san francisco
- Address: 2550 Van Ness Avenue - San Francisco - California - 94109 - United States
Hotels Near Heritage Marina Hotel
- Pacific Heights Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Comfort Inn By the Bay Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Lombard Motor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Francisco Bay Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Travelodge by the Bay Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Broadway Manor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Caste Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Buena Vista Motor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Nob Hill Motor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Town House Motel Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Suites at Fisherman's Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Coventry Motor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Marriott Fisherman's Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Hilton San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi