Edwardian San Francisco Hotel
Reviews - Edwardian San Francisco Hotel
Read 154 additional reviews of Edwardian San Francisco Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Francisco
Historical Traveller Reviews of Edwardian San Francisco Hotel
t go there if you have a carfrom ch_s
The hotel has carpets both in the hallways and in the rooms, and these seem so old that they really do not feel clean. So even if the room probably was clean it felt quite dusty. There is no ventilation and as others have mentioned it's impossible to open the windows... well you can, but they are old and quite dangerous. The bathrooms are large, but the appliances (hairdryer) did not really look usable.
The location was ok; it's central, but full of homeless. They are not dangerous, but I would not rate this as the best neighborhood. Going around from the hotel was easy because of the tram and buses stopping just outside the hotel entrance.
Excellent Service and Great Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Came for a night; stayed the whole weekfrom A TripAdvisor Member
excellent value and servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
David the manager was extremely friendly and helpful. He gave me a free room upgrade and put me in a room with wireless access when he saw my laptop. The room and bathroom were clean and nicely decorated.
For the price, quality, location and service, I think this hotel would be hard to beat.
realy good surprisefrom jamelCannes_France
Offardable and located in very good placefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice little gemfrom seadog59
A wonderfull stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The rooms are clean and cozy, the service was outstanding, and the price was reasonable comparing it to other European style hotels.
I will definetly recommend this place and I will bring all my visitors. Matter of fact, my girlfreind and I are planing to spend the night there for her birthday.
Terrible Experience; Refused to Stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Booked this thru [-----------] based on pictures/review saying it was a “European boutique style hotel”. First bad sign was that the front door was locked and it wasn’t even 5:00 p.m.; after front desk clerk finally opened door, he was rude and condescending. Elevator was scary; felt for sure we were going to get stuck. Room on the third floor overlooking Market Street (truly the busiest street in S.F.) so it was loud, cold (no heat and it was February), no closet but a metal rack shoved beside bed. Bathroom was ok but that was it. After my husband asked me if I thought they rented this room “by the hour” that was all I needed to get out of there. However, this was after we clearly heard a drug deal and solicitation going on down on the street even though we were on the 3rd floor!
Called front desk to ask for money back (we had booked / prepaid for two nights) was told no, they refused to give a refund and the clerk was extremely rude. We then called “Hotels” and advised that this location misrepresented itself on the web site and that it was a dangerous, unsafe environment. The DID refund our money and offered to find another hotel for us and even called a Cab to pick us up.
Enjoyed my stayfrom CelloMan1961
- weekly rate was negotiable esp. when I had already explored other nearby places and let them know I was looking at them.
- bathroom clean, new
- high-speed wireless internet though it did not cover the entire hotel. Seemed to be best near the front common areas on each floor.
- "Old World" charm including a very special elevator that holds old paintings in frames on its walls.
- Place was clean, quiet
- Bed was average or better than average
- Cable TV (though a few stations were fuzzy until I moved the tv a bit).
- location is pretty good, though after dark there's little quick/fast food open nearby. But that stuff isn't a far walk. Lots happening up Van Ness which is only a few blocks away. Transit very easy to get to.
- staff were friendly.
- no mini fridges or microwaves in the rooms I saw.
- no pop/soda/snack machines that I could see.
- shower a bit weak
- my room (#34), while having a nice view, faced SOMETHING that gave off a whole lot of cigarette smoke! I believe it was the fancy restaurant below the window. So I kept the window closed. I never noticed the smoke smell w the window closed.
- room was small but nicely done.
Top Local Tips for San Francisco
GREAT LOCATION no need to have a car it is a great location for public transportation.
pleasant stay do not need a car. good restaurants close by
The best tours are the cheapest too The best and most cost-effective way to 'see' a city is to hop on the city bus. Anywhere you need to go, the driver can usually tell you a little something about where you're going (so long as he/she isn't too busy!). I saw Haight/Ashbury, Castro Street, Fisherman's Wharf, and downtown San Francisco on less than $10 for the "tour". I paid $1.50 each day and hopped a bus, getting a transfer when I paid. Anytime I saw something "interesting" I hopped off and checked it out, then caught the next bus without being charged. Most city visitors centers will provide bus / train maps at no charge either online or via the mail. Plan your site seeing wisely, and you could save quite a bit by not taking cabs or guided bus tours.
Other names for Edwardian San Francisco Hotel
- edwardian san francisco
- edwardian hotel san francisco
- Address: 1668 Market Street - San Francisco - California - 94102 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Edwardian San Francisco Hotel
- Inn at the Opera Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Whitcomb San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Best Western Civic Center Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Vagabond Inn San Francisco (Civic Center) Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Phoenix Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Best Western Carriage Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Renoir Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- The Good Hotel San Francisco San Francisco, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Best Western Americania Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Comfort Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- The Opal San Francisco Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Hotel Kabuki San Francisco, California Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Hotel Majestic San Francisco, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Queen Anne Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi