Buena Vista Motor Inn Hotel, San Francisco
Reviews - Buena Vista Motor Inn Hotel
Read 441 additional reviews of Buena Vista Motor Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Francisco
Historical Traveller Reviews of Buena Vista Motor Inn Hotel
Has its minuses!from zelfant
Unfortunately, the beds are very uncomfortable. They claim that there is breakfast, but there is no breakfast except for a box of sweets that is left out there for the whole week. This is all I can say about this place.
Best cost benefitfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Amongst the positive points we can detach:
Cleanness (particularly the bathroom), very comfortable room, cordiality of its employees, proximity of tourist points of San Francisco, free and covered parking, PC with fast internet on lobby (you have 15 minutes to use free), internet access in the room (must bring your notebook), a trolley in the garage to take in and out your luggage (you only think about it when you need it), elevator (to all levels included the garage), 24 hour front desk, access for disabled people from the street until your room.
Amongst the negative points we only consider that there is no refrigerator in the room and the fact that to be near of some tourist points made you think that its easy to go everywhere on foot but cause the mountainous characteristic of the city this can turn your walk a little bit tiring. Even so this last problem is not guilt of the hotel but we think should be considered for people who cares about walking.
You certainly will find other cheaper hotels in the region (because there is various) but I believe that in the end you are going to find more negative points. In our stay (and its important when you travel) there was no single problem related to the hotel.
In summary: We liked very much and we do recommend it.
A Perfect Hotel for under $80.00from selfant
1) Under $80 (At least it was in March, 2005)
2) FREE Parking (Almost all of the hotels in S.F. charge $20-$30 a night)
3) FREE Internet (Almost all of the hotels in S.F. charge around $8 a night)
4) The housekeeping is great.
5.) The interior conditions of the hotel are good. No cracks in the walls..stains..etc. All looks relatively new or at least relatively repaired.
6.) The staff is very friendly.
1) The closest public transportation is 2 blocks away.
2) It is located within walking distance to a couple of attractions, however, walking distance is quite large, usually 1.5 - 3 miles. To get to the downtown, Union Sq area, it takes about 15, 20 min on the bus. Transportation in S.F. is great by the way.
3) Continental Breakfast includes sweets and bananas only.
4) There is no laundry in the hotel. Although there are drycleaners a block away.
Overall, the hotel has given me a very positeve experience and I would definately stay here again. This is why I give it an Excellent raiting.
Good Price, Good Location, Good Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The breakfast in the morning was nothing to brag about, just some fruit (either apples or bananas) and then some pastries. The rooms all have coffee makers in them.
All in all considering the price, location, and free parking, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if they don't need a 5 star hotel to feel comfortable. You won't be disappointed.
Very convenientfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Best hotel ever!from A TripAdvisor Member
We were NOT disappointed!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Be sure to visit Alcatraz, but book way in advance.
Previous reports were exactly right for the Buena Vista....from A TripAdvisor Member
Wonderful Hotel; Perfect locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Superbfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for San Francisco
Amazing public transport Public transport is so cheap and conveninent. Look into the range of passes (1day, 3 days, weekly, monthly etc) as they are valid on cable car and all trains, buses and street cars.
One and one half hour long transfers!! Just purchase one bus/trolley/Muni/ etc (though NOT cable car!!) ticket at $1.50 and use it going in every/any direction you want in 1 1/2 hours time!! We went to the top of Coit Tower (free view over city!) (bus #39) AND down again, and then the #45 (or the #30) bus downtown to Market St shops!! All in 1 1/2 hours!! For $1.50!!! If you're in SF for longer stay, get a better transport pass...this worked for a short stay and a whole lotta walking!!
San Francisco AWESOME city......Stay away form these 2 establishments
Other names for Buena Vista Motor Inn Hotel
- buena vista motel
- buena vista hotel
- Address: 1599 Lombard Street - San Francisco - California - 94123 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Buena Vista Motor Inn Hotel
- Town House Motel Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Redwood Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Francisco Bay Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Lombard Motor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Star Motel Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Travelodge by the Bay Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Comfort Inn By the Bay Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Pacific Heights Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Coventry Motor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Del Sol San Francisco, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Broadway Manor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Caste Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Chelsea Motor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Nob Hill Motor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Suites at Fisherman's Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi