Pacific Shores Inn Hotel, San Diego
Reviews - Pacific Shores Inn Hotel
Read 257 additional reviews of Pacific Shores Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Diego
Historical Traveller Reviews of Pacific Shores Inn Hotel
Great dealfrom Boasty
We had a lovely room - the nice chap upgraded us to a suite and it was big, clean, had a kitchen. The whole set up is a great little basic motel and we really enjoyed our stay here. This is a bargain and really really close to the beach,
Perfect Place in San Diegofrom surferrosa
Will not be a repeat guestfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not a dive! Excellent for the price.from jvtravelers
Great fun!from aagrotree
The room was definitely in need of some carpentry (blemishes on the sheet rock, bathroom exhaust did not work, etc.) but we could have cared less because it was quite roomy and comfortable for spending the night. (Although they should replace the blankets- they are loosing their softness.)
Unless you're directly on the beach you couldn't have a better location!
All you had to do was stagger out of the room- and you're there! No need to load up in the car- why bother? You are right on the boardwalk in the thick of it. If you do load up though; Belmont amusement park and board walk is very close- just down Mission Blvd. as well as Mission Park and Jetty. Garnett St. which is with-in walking distance was also lively and entertaining.
For a look at the area- there is a live webcam of the crystal pier (you can actually control the camera to swing around to view the north side of the pier) then spot the largest building which is adjacent to Pacific Shores Inn.
The staff was very nice and accommodating and they had good coffee with donuts in the morning.
When I return to San Diego (probably with family) I will stay here again.
t The Ritz, but who cares?from A TripAdvisor Member
The Continental Breakfast is coffee and danishes at the front desk. The bathrooms are rather small, so if the Mrs. needs a place to primp before you hit the town, or if you've got kids, this bathroom may test your patience a bit. We also found that our shower (this may not be indicative of the entire hotel) had VERY TOUCHY (read sporadic) hot/cold water. You may want to check to shower when you first check in. We also found during our three night stay, that our room had fairly soundproof walls, but a rather "light" ceiling. We could hear the "footfalls" of anybody on the second floor. At times, that made sleeping a bit difficult, but we managed.
On the plus side, this hotel is literally 100 feet from Pacific Beach (Awesome). The pool is clean, deep, and well-maintained. The hotel is also three short blocks from Garnet Avenue, which includes terrific food, good shopping, lots of places to sit and sip, and of course, The Crystal Pier.
You are also short drives away from Sea World, The SD Zoo, Old Town, Balboa Park, Mission Bay and Seaport Village. Weigh out the positives and the negatives. If you are looking for a moderately priced place to stay in Pacific Beach, try the Pacific Shores Inn.
Great place to stay!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great value on a beach motelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not Too Bad!from A TripAdvisor Member
Good beach funfrom Salinaspete
Top Local Tips for San Diego
Hotel Del Coronado We had an excellent dinner at the hotel. We dropped in for a drink thinking that the dining room would be too pricey but found the menu varied and fairly priced. Even the price of drinks were reasonable. It is a beautiful spot and well worth a visit.
Kayak and bike http://sandiegobikeandkayaktours.com/ Take a half day with kayak and bike tour. You will love it!! The best way to spend some time in San Diego!!
Easy Commutes To Attractions Going to LaJolla take a left at the end of Mission Blvd, takes you right in. Laguna Beach is worth the trip to see the beautiful area. SeaLion Cove is worth the trip in itself. The local maps at the office are easy to see locations of different attractions. If taking a trip to Hollywood, take the 5 to 2 to 101 and the next exit off 101 is Hollywood Blvd. A few blocks down at Hollywood and Vine are Bus Tours that go to Beverly Hills, Rodeo Drive, The Stars Homes etc. Great tour.
Other names for Pacific Shores Inn Hotel
- pacific shores san diego
- pacific shores inn of pacific beach
- pacific shores inn
- pacific shores hotel
- Address: 4802 Mission Blvd - San Diego - California - 92109 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Pacific Shores Inn Hotel
- Capri Beach Accomodations Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Diamond Head Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Pacific Terrace Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Crystal Pier Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Ocean Park Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Best Western Blue Sea Lodge Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Catamaran Resort Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Paradise Point Resort and Spa Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- Bahia Resort Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- Comfort Inn Mission Bay Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Express San Diego Mission Bay Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Inn at Mission Bay Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.8 km / 2.3 mi
- Hyatt Regency Islandia Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- The Dana on Mission Bay Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- The Empress Hotel of La Jolla La Jolla, California Distance: 5.1 km / 3.2 mi