Kona Kai Resort Hotel, San Diego
Reviews - Kona Kai Resort Hotel
Read 276 additional reviews of Kona Kai Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Diego
Historical Traveller Reviews of Kona Kai Resort Hotel
Ruined Wedding Nightfrom A TripAdvisor Member
following our reception, we tried to check in. Only to be told our room had been given away. No rooms, no sympathy. No help. Because our luggage was to be delivered later, we could not leave and go on to a new hotel. So we sat and waited. By this time we were so exhausted and frustrated,we just went home. No appology on behalf of the Hotel. IRREPLACEABLE!!!
Our brief stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good hotel - no in room internet accessfrom Nitrobrune
One of our complaints is the lack of high speed internet access in the rooms which was promised to us to be in place this summer. The hotel does have ONE computer for everyone to use and, as you might imagine, it is very busy. The front desk told us internet access in each room was supposed to be in place later this year. We'll see.
We found a card in our room telling us the complimentary robes provided would cost $49 each if we took them. We never received the robes in the first place and made sure the front desk knew that.
Our other complaint is the lack of free workout facilities. There is a private health club which charges $10 a day for hotel guests to use. We thought that was high. There is also a charge to park in the hotel lot.
This hotel is in a beautiful setting and offers lots of places to walk and enjoy the outdoors. You can watch ships go past on their way to San Diego harbor or see planes take off from the Naval Base across the harbor. That can be a little noisy at times. We discovered several restaurants we liked much better than the hotel offered - i.e.; The Red Sails (great view and good food), Brigintine (good seafood) and Point Loma Seafood. The hotel van is willing to take guests to all the attractions at no charge.
Just OK, but...from mikemo
Pretty quiet and great homemade cookies at the front desk; decent location, but their parking situation is confiscatory! We parked on the street and walked the 30 meters to our room.
Nice Beds, views and pool area!from A TripAdvisor Member
It doesn't matter where your room is, you have a view of either the harbor or the ocean which may predict why the rates are high. Shelter Island is a very nice tranquil spot and this hotel is right at the end - wonderful ambiance. The beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in for a four star hotel. Liked the big comforter. Liked the pool (great for adults and lap swimming) and the grass area around it.
No complaints - the pool could do with waiter service. I'd stay there again.
OK, not greatfrom A TripAdvisor Member
three people. Bathroom sink area could hardily
hold a toothbrush. Fortunately we didn't spend much time in the room. My biggest complaint
was with the restaurant. AJ's. Service is slow.
Food is terrible and expensive. Do not waste your
time. After the first morning we ate somewhere
else for breakfast.
Terrible tap water smellfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We had some plumbing problems which took two calls to the front desk before it was fixed. It is a nice place but a little overpriced. I would like to give it a second chance but the tap water smell was just too much.
Lousy managment, made reservation for 2 nights they had us down for 1from A TripAdvisor Member
Lousy, bad price, small rooms, bad advertisingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Go Somewhere Elsefrom Mid_West_Traveler
Top Local Tips for San Diego
San Diego is great Explore the waterfront and get over to Coronado island. The zoo and Seaworld are nice but I just like the waterfront and Coronado beach, the best. Go after March so you are assured of sunshine
Point Loma Cafe This pace is great for breakfast and is reasonably priced. It also has one of the cleanest bathrooms I have ever been in, fantastic.
Dollar Rental Got an awesome deal with dollar rental so I would highly recommend them. The staff was great and they did not mind if we kept the car longer then we originally wanted. Also I would most def check out Old Towne San Diego and be cautious of the zoo. The zoo closes at 4pm but once you are in you have until 6pm
Other names for Kona Kai Resort Hotel
- kona kai resort san diego
- kona kai hotel
- Address: 1551 Shelter Island Drive - San Diego - California - 92106 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Kona Kai Resort Hotel
- Best Western Island Palms and Marina Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Bay Club Hotel and Marina San Diego, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn and Suites Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Vagabond Inn Point Loma Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Point Loma Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Ramada Limited San Diego Airport Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Comfort Inn at the Harbour Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Bayside Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Hilton Airport Harbor Island Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina San Diego, California Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- The Ocean Beach Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 4.6 km / 2.8 mi
- Loma Lodge Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
- Howard Johnson San Diego Sea World Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 4.9 km / 3.1 mi
- Ocean Villa Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 5.2 km / 3.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World Area Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi