Hyatt Regency Islandia Hotel, San Diego
Reviews - Hyatt Regency Islandia Hotel
Read 725 additional reviews of Hyatt Regency Islandia Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Diego
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hyatt Regency Islandia Hotel
2 star hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Exceeding expectationsfrom mcgrotty
No complaints whatsoever - will return and recommend to my clients!!
Extremely Pleasant Stay!from A TripAdvisor Member
not a Hyatt quality hotelfrom angie54
BUT the rooms are very worn and the employees have a terrible attitude.
Everyday we came down with a list of things that needed to be repaired.
The shower door was not working therefore we couldn't take a shower without flooding the bathroom. The toilet ran all night long. No shower caps and 3 towels for 4 people. Because of the reviews here i called the manager of the hotel before we arrived to make sure that our room was in good working order and that's what we ended up with. I'd hate to know what we would have gotten if i didn't call ahead. I'm very disappointed that Hyatt hasn't been more aggressive in making this a better hotel, because the location is beautiful.
amazing viewsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
t stay at the Hyatt Islandiafrom RBates_10
The hotel notebook gave no offerings as to food and prices in their restaurant. Their only casual restaurant the Baja Cafe was closed for remodeling. We requested a ocean view which turned out to be a view of a small bay with salt water. Overall the place was a big disapointment.
Some good, some badfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Our room was standard, nothing fancy, but it was clean and neat. It was quiet at night. We were on the 7th floor. Some of the rooms in the motel area were right on the parking lot and might get noisy. The self parking was $8.00 per night and it was a nightmare. The spots were so tiny and at times we had a very difficult time getting into the car and we are thin people!!! There was renovation going on for their restaurants, but we ate breakfast the first morning at the Islandia Grill, which was still open. It was one of the worst breakfasts we've ever had. We opted for the buffet at 12.95 each. The eggs were cold and rubbery, the french toast was cold, the coffee was cold. We did not eat at the restaurant again. Overall the staff was friendly, helpful, and pleasant. I liked the location. There are walking paths around the bay from the hotel and we found this relaxing and pleasant. I believe you could also rent bikes and kayaks. They also had fishing boat excursions. We did not go to Sea World, but it was within walking distance. All the things we did in SD were within an easy drive from the Islandia. We did have one problem with the room. Our cold water in the bathroom was consistently running hot water. We complained once and they attempted to fix it, but the problem continued. We did not complain again as we did not want to be moved if they couldn't fix it.
We told them about the problem upon checking out and they said they would look into it. Overall, I believe the location saves this somewhat older, dated hotel. If I could get a great deal on a room rate, I would stay here again. But for a "Hyatt", I think I expected something a little fancier.
t eat at the restaurantfrom A TripAdvisor Member
the Islandiafrom A TripAdvisor Member
Everything Overpricedfrom jmharn
Top Local Tips for San Diego
City bus Get hooked up with a bus pass and transfer. The bus lines go everywhere and the bus route maps are easy to read. AND they are ON TIME! For 1.75 a ride and a transfer quite a deal from the crooked cabbies who try to get more money or who dont know or act as if they don't know their way around town- hence a longer trip-more fares!
It's your choice If I were you, pick a different hotel.
Get a GPS San Diego has a lot of highways that intersect and are rather confusing if you've never been there. Even with a GPS we found ourselves in the wrong lane at the wrong moment and ended up on a different highway. Some of them are six lanes going each direction, so I highly recommend bringing a GPS or getting your rental car with one.
Other names for Hyatt Regency Islandia Hotel
- san diego hyatt
- hyatt san diego
- hyatt regency san diego
- hyatt regency mission bay
- Address: 1441 Quivira Road - San Diego - California - 92109 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hyatt Regency Islandia Hotel
- The Dana on Mission Bay Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Bahia Resort Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Ocean Villa Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Paradise Point Resort and Spa Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- The Ocean Beach Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World Area Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.3 mi
- Catamaran Resort Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- Best Western Blue Sea Lodge Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Hilton San Diego Resort Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Good Nite Inn Sea World Area Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Hampton Inn Sea World Airport Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Loma Lodge Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Ocean Park Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.6 km / 2.3 mi
- Howard Johnson San Diego Sea World Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
- Pacific Terrace Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi