Holiday Inn San Diego on the Bay Hotel
Reviews - Holiday Inn San Diego on the Bay Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Diego
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn San Diego on the Bay Hotel
Very, very nicefrom Cruiserfish
Nice hotel.from grram1
Better experience than many other reviewersfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Very Pleasant Experience!from A TripAdvisor Member
We had a great time at the Holiday Innfrom RandyVictorvilleCA
Great location!from A TripAdvisor Member
This hotel is directly accross the street from the cruise ship terminal. The harbor excursions are very convenient (1/2 block south), as is the Star of India (1/2 block North). There is a seafood restaurant accross the street (Anthonys) which offers counter service (great if you're traveling with kids) with outside tables) and fine dining.
Check in was satisfactory. My initial request (via phone) of a higher floor with bay view wasn't taken into consideration. However, the agent was quick to change rooms to a higher floor after a second request (bay view was $40 additional, which I declined). My room was in the South Tower (a short distance from the lobby and pool - if you want to be close tot he pool, request North Tower) on the twelth floor with a view of Downtown. Lots of construction across the street and the train terminal is also a short distance from the hotel. There was some train noise, but hardly worth mentioning.
Overall, out stay at Holiday Inn on the Bay was really nice. The employees were average, not overally friendly or attentive...but okay. The area was great - very quiet for a downtown location and convenient to all the major attractions. The hotel offers scheduled complimentary transportation to the Zoo and Horton Plaza as well as to the airport (1 1/2 miles away). None of the hustle and bustle of the Mission Valley area. I would stay there again.
Incredibly noisy! Internet bookers are second class guests.from A TripAdvisor Member
We were given a room in the north tower overlooking the roof, right next to the roaring ventillation system. It was so loud I immediately called the front desk and said there was no way we could sleep there.
The clerk agreed to move us a few doors down but wouldn't discuss where the room was, saying if she didn't hurry up and switch it that moment then we'd lose it. That room was not much better, noisewise. I had a horrible night of sleep.
The hext day I went to the front desk and asked for a different room.
Doing it in person yielded much better results this time. I was friendly but firm. The two women working at the front desk took the time to see what rooms were available and discuss the noise pros and cons of each (one was by the elevator, another by the parking lot, another faced the train tracks). The third room was better, but did have train noise and some ventillation noise, even though it was in another building entirely. I think the entire hotel must be really noisy.
Internet bookers beware! You are second-class citizens here and will be given the worst rooms. Before you walk away from the front desk, ask if your room is noisy!
'from A TripAdvisor Member
Good Location-OK Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Holiday Inn OK!from A TripAdvisor Member
All the staff were very pleasant and efficient, including the front desk staff, the concierge, the grounds workers and a chambermaid. The location of this hotel is terrific, a short walk along the bay to the Convention Center. I was here for a convention and received a low rate of $140 per night. If the rate had been higher this hotel would have been a disappointment, as there is nothing luxurious about it. For the price, and at this location, it was a good stay.
Top Local Tips for San Diego
Eating after visiting the San Diego Zoo After a long day at the zoo, go to The Prado Restaurant. We went early for dinner (around 5:00) and sat outside with our kids. We were a bit under dressed, but were never treated as such. The food is great!
The train is the best way to see San Diego We left our car behind and had a great weekend just riding on the train.
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse This is a must. The amount of money you will spend is outrageous, but worth every penny! I have never had steak that melts in your mouth and the creamed spinach is to die for. Go early during the week, that way you won't have to wait in line to be seated.
Other names for Holiday Inn San Diego on the Bay Hotel
- san diego holiday inn
- holiday inn san diego
- holiday inn bay san diego
- Address: 1355 North Harbor Drive - San Diego - California - 92101 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn San Diego on the Bay Hotel
- Hampton Inn Downtown Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Bayside Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Pacific Inn Hotel And Suites San Diego, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- W San Diego Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Westin San Diego Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- La Pensione Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel San Diego Bay Downtown San Diego, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Doubletree Hotel Downtown San Diego, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Porto Vista Hotel & Suites San Diego, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Bristol Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Westgate Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Westin Horton Plaza Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- US Grant Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Motel 6 San Diego Airport Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- San Diego Marriott Hotel and Marina San Diego, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi