Holiday Inn Mission Bay Hotel, San Diego
Reviews - Holiday Inn Mission Bay Hotel
Read 107 additional reviews of Holiday Inn Mission Bay Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Diego
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn Mission Bay Hotel
Find another hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Better than we expectedfrom Dalep
Eh...not greatfrom D_M_and_A
Stay Away!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Yucky :O(from IrisKisses
My family stayed in the (very cramped) suite. Only one of the french doors opened for access because the sofa sleeper sits in front of it.
Clearly any upgades they do, go directly into the lobby because it is nice. The rooms however are just plain yucky.
We always stay at the Holiday Inns. This one however needs some serious help!
We requested a crib!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Location!!!from KKIMMEL523
motelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
decent location, decent price, decent room.... decent hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
This hotel is located in a pretty good spot. It is just minutes away from all the main attractions. It is also easy to get to all the freeways. The surrounding area may be questionable, but I wouldn't say it is ghetto as mentioned in other reviews. You are basically right on the other side of the freeway from Mission Bay.
If you use the promotions from their web site, like I did, you get a good deal for the area and time of year. From what I was able to research, everything else was $30-50 on up per night. Free parking, and they provided discount tickets for several places. Kids eat free at onsite restaurant but no complimentary breakfeast.
We went with the 2 room suite with 2 double beds. Neat idea with the 2 seperate rooms but if your not going to hang out in the hotel all day, you really won't use it much. There is a wall seperating the rooms, that does make each feel a bit small.
towels and linens were clean. The floor and furniture seemed questionable and didnt look clean, a bit worn out. Stay in Building B, it is off the main roads, and parking is not too bad.
My wife will probably not choose to stay there again, but if we need a cheap place to stay last minute we will keep it as an option. I say that everything is decent because it is just that. Nothing really bad, but nothing to WOW you.
Clean, friendly and good value for moneyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Our room was nice and clean, the service excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful.
The hotel was fully booked when we stayed there and the fact that you can park your car right on the property was appreciated by the guests as far as I can tell, especially by families with children.
The hotel area is full of shops and restaurants and you can easily get a bus or the trolley to the beach or into Old Town if you haven't got a car.
I'd definitely stay at the Holiday Inn again - don't be put off by the bad reviews and see for yourself.
Top Local Tips for San Diego
Don't stay at this hotel, we have been charged when we weren't there. The holiday inn at mission bay is the worst hotel we've ever stayed at. This has been a total nightmare, we've been charged for staying at this hotel when we didn't. Then the first time we stayed in Feb. 2007 they charged us twice and it took forever to get straightend out. It's also in a bad part of town.
Get a car! Get a car if you're a tourist in San Diego - You won't regret it! SD is such a spraeling city, that the extra bucks you'll spend in renting a car will save you many and many hassles! And then, prices aren't high at all!
Our toddlers had fun at: They loved the tour we took at Sea World; fed the dolphins, rays and sea turtles; worth the extra $$. Our 6 yr old loved Shipwreck Rapids and all three enjoyed the Children's Play Area, Shamu show and Pet's Rule Show. End the day with a visit to the Shamu's tank below the Dine with Shamu area....it was such a calming way to end the day watching this 9000 lb creature swimming right in front of us. Oh, and, all restuarants in SeaWorld will heat jarred baby food for you! Super plus! We ate at Hospitality Cafe and Shipwreck Cafe...liked the food at the Shipwreck Cafe better; although... the adults can get beer samples at the Hospitality Center
Other names for Holiday Inn Mission Bay Hotel
- san diego holiday inn
- mission plaza hotel
- Address: 3737 Sports Arena Boulevard - San Diego - California - 92110 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn Mission Bay Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World Area Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Good Nite Inn Sea World Area Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Howard Johnson San Diego Sea World Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Loma Lodge Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Hampton Inn Sea World Airport Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Padre Trail Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Courtyard San Diego Old Town Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Best Western Hacienda Suites Old Town Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- La Quinta Inn Old Town Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Western Inn & Suites Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Express San Diego Old Town Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.3 mi
- The Dana on Mission Bay Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Comfort Inn and Suites Seaworld Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Hilton San Diego Resort Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi
- Hyatt Regency Islandia Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi