Hilton San Diego Resort Hotel
Reviews - Hilton San Diego Resort Hotel
Read 654 additional reviews of Hilton San Diego Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Diego
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton San Diego Resort Hotel
Watch out!! They nickel and dime you!!from A TripAdvisor Member
1. $10.00 p/day parking
2. floats for pool: $15.00 p/day
3. $1.25 every time we used our calling card
4. If we didn't use our calling card, they charged an arm and a leg to make a direct call. A 8 min call to Poway, Ca. which is not far from San Diego cost us $9.34
5. My sister needed a tylenol for a headache. They would not give her one. They said she would have to buy it from the gift shop when they opened in the morning. Having enough of all this, I marched in to the main desk and asked to speak to a manager. I then did receive the tylenol.
6. Cup of coffee: $2.50. There is coffee in the room you can make yourself but at the price you pay for a room at this place you shouldn't have to make it yourself. Also, I left my cup in my parent's room one morning. I figured they would replace it the next day. They never did, so the rest of the trip we only had one cup.
7. They will not change your sheets or your towels unless you request them to be changed.
If you stay here, be up front and tell them you won't pay for parking. I bet they won't even fight with you about it and take it off your bill right away because they know what a farce that is!
Also, the pool is definitely nothing special!! Just a large "L" shape. At some points it is 12 ft. deep. No diving, no lifeguard.
enjoyed our stayfrom jlmljjd
Definitely Not Deserving of a 4-Diamond Ratingfrom moondan
Friendly Staff, Excellent Servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Relaxed friendly place with beautiful groundsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
After Conferencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
From EXPERIENCED 4-5 star hotel travelers-WONDERFUL!from Deenusser
I do not know who wrote these poor reviews, because, they must have stayed at a different hotel!
We ordered a Bayside room- and it really was, steps to the sand. The room was very nice, and the location was fabulous.
We ate dinner at their restaurant and it was excellent. *Mind you, were are restaurant owners! We know our stuff.
We had breakfast there also, waitress was a bit slow, however, to give her credit they were having the Saint Patty's Day jog-a-thon that morning and it was packed with joggers, who might normally have been there at that time.
It was very fun to sit in our bed, with the curtains drawn and watch all the people go jogging by as we sipped our morning coffee and read the news.
Even without a jog-a-thon happening, this is where many San Diegans choose to walk, run, skate etc.. It reminded me of our sailboat of many years that was docked close to the walking areas, wherein, we could also sip our coffee and watch, the parents with babies, and others with their dogs go by. Better then any t.v. show! LOL
The pool facility is wonderful. You are overlooking the Marina and beach, while using either the pool or one of the several spas.
I had a meeting with a local resident at the hotel, she informed me, that the Hilton San Diego Resort, is a favorite of the locals (who ought to be in the know)!
Personally, we live about an hours drive north of this facility.
We are in our 50's, and both of us are world travelers who prefer the better things in life. Including our hotels!
My husband's best friend is a hotshot for the Ritz Carlton, so we have stayed in many of them.
This is not the Ritz Carlton, this is a beachy, clean, spacious, (grounds are on 16 acres), relaxed~ with good service~ in a great area~ hotel with a very nice restaurant~pool~cabana and beach.
PS: Yes, they do have a business center, so of course you can conduct business there. It truly makes me question, who wrote the negative reviews. An upset competitor?
Anyway, go if you can... it's a great place.
Pleasantly Suprised!!from A TripAdvisor Member
We initially booked our vacation with the Bahia, but after checking in and seeing the horrible rooms we left. We just happened to drive by the Hilton and thought we would check it out. We explained we had no reservations and wondered what was available. The person at the front desk was awesome. We explained our situation to her and she gave us a terriffic room! The grounds are very beautiful - very relaxing - we couldn't have stayed at a better place. We would highly recommend staying here!
Top Local Tips for San Diego
Don't waste your money for breakfast at the hotel We found the best place to eat breakfast just 5 minutes away from the Hilton called The Breakfast House Perry's Cafe on Pacific Hwy. It has huge portions, great service and is reasonably priced.
Stay away from Hilton San Diego Resort I heard the Bahia Resort is FABULOUS!! If I ever go back, I'll try to stay there.
Balboa Park is a magical place and FREE You have to go to the park and see the glass blowers, the botanical garden, the theatre, the Space Museum, and so much more. It's right next to the famous zoo. There is so much to do, it can't all be done in a day even if you start at 6am and go until 10pm on a case of Red Bull.
Other names for Hilton San Diego Resort Hotel
- san diego hilton
- hilton san diego resort
- hilton san diego hotel
- hilton san diego
- Address: 1775 East Mission Bay Drive - San Diego - California - 92109 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton San Diego Resort Hotel
- Padre Trail Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Good Nite Inn Sea World Area Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.3 km / 2 mi
- Hampton Inn Sea World Airport Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Paradise Point Resort and Spa Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World Area Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Comfort Inn and Suites Seaworld Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- The Dana on Mission Bay Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi
- Comfort Inn Mission Bay Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Inn at Mission Bay Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Best Western Hacienda Suites Old Town Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.3 km / 2 mi
- Crowne Plaza San Diego Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.3 km / 2 mi
- Howard Johnson San Diego Sea World Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Courtyard San Diego Old Town Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Hyatt Regency Islandia Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi