Crowne Plaza San Diego Hotel
Reviews - Crowne Plaza San Diego Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 291 additional reviews of Crowne Plaza San Diego Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Diego
Historical Traveller Reviews of Crowne Plaza San Diego Hotel
Our favorite Hotel in San Diegofrom A TripAdvisor Member
The staff is not too swift. We asked for non-smoking and when we got to the room, it was obviously a smoking room and the room next door had a dog constantly barking! I called the desk and after a 15 min wait, got a new room. I like the atmosphere of the place and it seems kick back.
There is usually some convention thing going on, so Saturday night has it's share of tipsy gents wandering around.
Rude Staff and Invasion of Privacyfrom ketagyrl
There is no refridgerator and their toiletries are mediocre. There is only dial-up for internet access, and you have to pay 75 cents per local call for 1 hour. After staying there 3 times in the past four months, I've been increasingly disappointed by the service. At 8AM in the morning, they start mowing the lawns and begin cleaning the rooms which leads to an extremely loud environment. Housekeeping does not bother to knock, instead, they open the door then yell "Housekeeping!" as early as 8:30AM. This happened to me 4 times during my last 3 night stay, once when I had just gotten out of the shower!! They do not respect any privacy at all. I complained to the front desk and they notified the head of housekeeping. I also complained directly to the general manager, Kirk, and he was unhelpful and did not seem to want to be bothered. As a guest in any hotel, I would think that privacy would be valued above all, but this hotel does not seem to care nor offer any sincere apologies. I told Kirk that I no longer planned on staying at this hotel, and he asked me, "Why not?" Obviously he did not seem to think there was anything wrong with opening the door on a guest without knocking. There are plenty of other hotels in San Diego that will be more respectful towards their customers!
Budget hotel pretending to be a resortfrom A TripAdvisor Member
However, the ads do not give an accurate picture of the hotel.
Hawaiian Escapefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Poor Service and not clean!!from A TripAdvisor Member
We also watched a maid walk out to her car. A car had just pulled out and they had set a thermast down and forgot it. She walked over and pick it up then walked back to her car and put it in her car. How honest is that. What else would they take?
Nice for the Pricefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Loved it!from A TripAdvisor Member
One night stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
It was a nice/clean room on the first floor. Larger then I expected and right next to an atrium with a waterfall and Koi pond. Bathrooms were clean, bed seemed clean, and housekeeping was great! Room service not all that bad considering they were completely booked. Everyone was courteous and next time I go to SD I would def. go back to this hotel.
I loved it!
Just got back and it was great.from A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel staff was constantly cleaning the grounds which were beautiful. The pool area was great. We ended up eating more meals here than intended since there were lots and choices for food and it was very convenient. You can dial room service from the pool and have your food delivered right there. The casual atmosphere and resonable prices suited our family perfectly. I would stay here again.
Probably the best deal is SD !from GiovanniFirenze
Top Local Tips for San Diego
Coronado Beach If you've never been to San Diego and want to go to a nice beach, go to Coronado. You will not be disappointed.
Fish Burritos. They sound gross - but I was convinced and immediately addicted. They rock my world! They had some really nice ones in Old Town, but I"m sure that a local could point you to a decent place to get one.
Buy tickets at Costco If your trip includes a stop at Sea World, stop at just about any Costco in the San Diego area first. You can buy a Silver Passport for around $75 (a single day Sea World ticket is $57), which gives you admission for a year, free parking ($10 value per car), and discounts at all retailers and concessions in the park. It pays for itself the first day you use it. Costco also sells tickets for Legoland, the Zoo and Wild Animal Park, and the CityPass. Check it out!
Other names for Crowne Plaza San Diego Hotel
- red lion hotel san diego
- crowne plaza san diego
- crowne plaza mission valley
- Address: 2270 Hotel Circle North - San Diego - California - 92108 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Crowne Plaza San Diego Hotel
- Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Ramada Plaza Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Comfort Inn and Suites Seaworld Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Premier Inn Mission Valley Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hawthorn Suites Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Kings Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Heritage Park Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Handlery Hotel and Resort San Diego, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Best Western Hacienda Suites Old Town Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Padre Trail Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Vagabond Inn Mission Valley Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Holiday Inn Express San Diego Old Town Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Courtyard San Diego Old Town Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Western Inn & Suites Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.5 km / 1 mi
- Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle San Diego, California Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi