Best Western Seven Seas Hotel, San Diego
Reviews - Best Western Seven Seas Hotel
Read 369 additional reviews of Best Western Seven Seas Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Diego
Historical Traveller Reviews of Best Western Seven Seas Hotel
Very Clean!from Dorito96
Very nice and cleanfrom marina282828
Overall good stay, only problem is the room was too small for a family of 5, especially for 5 days. Otherwise, everything is very nice.
Enjoyed my stay!from FXDXRIDER
The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. My sister and her son loved the free internet access in their room. They had an exercise room with elliptical trainer, treadmills and free weights and TV. The equipement was put to good use every morning of my stay. We also enjoyed breakfast in the Seven Seas Cafe every day. Great staff and great food, reasonably priced.
The only "con" I had was there aren't enough outlets. The mini-fridge's electrical supply used the only outlet in the sink area, so had to unplug it when using my hair blower.
I will definitely stay at this hotel again when visiting San Diego.
Perfect hotel for us!from KGill
- $80/night (taxes included, we booked through hotellocators)
- lovely heated outdoor pool and hot tubs
- exercise room
- free internet access in all rooms
- PC with internet access available in the lobby (free of charge)
- mini-refrigerator in the room (no additional charge)
- coffee-maker in the room (supplies included)
- attractive landscaping
- easy freeway access
- FREE shuttle service to the airport, all major attractions, and pretty much any other place you'd like to go (we had a car, but used the shuttle to SeaWorld to save the $10 parking fee)
- the room was a bit on the small side. For the two of us, it wasn't a problem, but if you're a larger group, or if you plan to spend a lot of time hanging out in your room, it might be an issue for you.
We didn't notice the freeway noise, except as a background hum (we were in room 304, which is a second-story room, near the end of the building that points away from the freeway). We also had no problem with the mini-fridge - its electrical supply was not tied to a light switch, as some other people had experienced (I checked to be sure). We didn't try the room service, but did enjoy several meals in the Seven Seas Cafe (great staff, good food). There was plenty of hot water for showers, although the shower heads are rather low (not a problem for us).
We plan to make a return visit to San Diego, and will definitely stay at this hotel again.
Clean Room, Great Staff, Excellent Valuefrom vacation joie
We were greated by friendly staff into a nice clean lobby that also houses a computer and printer to do work on. Check-in was quick and easy. As we were exiting the lobby, one of the staff was asking a woman sitting outside with her luggage if she needed assistance to her room. He brought all 5 or 6 bags to her room. On the way back, he asked if we needed help, but we declined. He showed us where our room was. Needless to say, very helpful staff especially for this price range of hotels (maybe would expect it if we were paying more for our room!)
We can hear passing traffic (freeway?) from our room, but it's mostly faint and not too disturbing.
The room was very clean, furniture looks newer, adequate space for 2 ppl (we have queen bed).
The biggest perk for us was the high speed (FREE) internet access. What a treat!
Overall, an excellent vaue (we paid $60 per room with entertainment book discount), very helpful staff, nice clean room.
Do you want to hear cars in the highway ?from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Hotelfrom Nette64
The shuttle bus is excellent. We used it for the airport and the zoo.
The restaurant service was good and the food was yummy, however, we did order a pizza to our room one night and it took over an hour for it to come and that was after I called to find out where it was, but when it did arrive it was very very nice.
The free use of the internet in the lobby was a bonus. The gardens are really well maintained and they have a laundry available to guests.
Overall our stay was enjoyable and we would certainly stay there again.
"from A TripAdvisor Member
GOOD: Convenient location, super friendly restaurant staff, efficient lobby staff, clean rooms, nicely landscaped grounds, very quick room service, nice pool, free parking, comfortable beds, quiet room with no freeway or road noise, wake up calls were as scheduled, in room coffee maker, hair dryer, iron/ironing board.
NOT SO GOOD: Room, bath and refridgerator were small.
Overall, this was an excellent hotel for the price and we had a pleasant stay at Best Western Seven Seas. I would stay here again and recommend it to others looking for an economical place to stay who don't mind its lack of frills.
t disappointedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Best Western was NOT the bestfrom angelicdvation
I had e-mailed the manager about having a microwave in my room prior to our trip and he replied that it was requested, but not garaunteed. Understandable. However, when I went to the front desk to ask if a microwave was available, the teenager working there simply said he didn't know, but if there was one available I would have to pay a $10 per night charge for it. Since there was no mention of this charge in the managers e-mail, I told the boy I didn't think that was right. Then, he became incredibly rude when I asked for the manager, who wasn' t there at the time.
I did speak to the manager about the incident upon checking out, but was not convinced he really cared about the problem I encountered.
The restaurant staff, on the other hand were excellent. After my problem with the microwave, I went to them to see if they would warm up the pizza I have ordered from them the night before, and they were happy to do it. Our servers for the two meals we had there were great.
Top Local Tips for San Diego
Coupons for Zoo, Sea World, etc. Go to the Visitors Center on Harbor Drive right across from the Midway ship Museum and Maritime (ships) Museum. You can buy attraction tickets at a discount - or find some publications which include coupons. It is pretty easy to find $5 off discounts for the Zoo; it was hard to find Sea World discounts. However, we bought a year pass for the same price as a single adult visit ($56!) right at the park. We could only find a 2 day-for-1 day price coupon (or brochure) off-site. Beware, while Zoo parking is free in Balboa Park, you must pay for Sea World parking ($10/car on a Monday in February!).
los angeles to san diego the journey between LA and San Diego was very very busy
Would loved to have seen more look around for accomadation
Other names for Best Western Seven Seas Hotel
- seven seas best western
- san diego best western
- best western san diego
- Address: 411 Hotel Circle South - San Diego - California - 92108 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Best Western Seven Seas Hotel
- Days Inn Hotel Circle By Seaworld Zoo San Diego, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle San Diego, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Vagabond Inn Mission Valley Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Town and Country Resort and Convention Center Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- La Quinta Inn Mission Valley Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Handlery Hotel and Resort San Diego, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Kings Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Hawthorn Suites Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Hilton San Diego Mission Valley Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Sommerset Suites Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Doubletree Mission Valley Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Mission Valley San Diego, California Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Ramada Plaza Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Crowne Plaza San Diego Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi