Best Western Hacienda Suites Old Town Hotel, San Diego
Reviews - Best Western Hacienda Suites Old Town Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Diego
Historical Traveller Reviews of Best Western Hacienda Suites Old Town Hotel
Update for price conscious travellersfrom Lester_of_Simms
Main reason to add another review is to advise travellers to visit the San Diego tourism office which is located about mile north of the old town exit on the I5. I saved $30 a night by visiting there rather than booking on-line with any of the so called best deals. The chance you take is that they have rooms available!
Still a great place to visit.
Great location - great hotelfrom marthag
Great location!from A TripAdvisor Member
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was there with my son who is mildly Autistic and everyone made us feel welcome and accepted.
It was fun to stay in this unusual layout with the hotel going up the hill. Though there are a lot of stairs, it's not that hard on those for whom stairs are difficult, if you get a room with easy access to the elevators.
Fantastic location!from s_Mom
The rooms are clean and comfortable, but nothing special. We stayed in a suite, which had a separate bedroom and a twin size sofa sleeper in the living area. There was a bit of a noise problem between rooms, and the bed was not the most comfortable, but overall we had a wonderful stay here. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful, and the grounds are really lovely. We would definitely stay here again.
Great Stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
SD Tripfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The rooms inside I would say are average. I didn't feel they were wow..denitely spacious though.
My room in the lower level 400, was somewhat noisy. It is closest to the street. I stayed 3 nights.. the garbage truck was annoying in the early morning the last two days.
I would go back, but stay in a differnt room.
Great Location!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great place for a "base" when visiting San Diego. I would agree with those who indicated that the hotel is "spread-out". Probably not good for those who can't or don't want to walk far as there are alot of stairs! I also would not decorate in the manner of which our room was as the wood and furnishings were very dark. However, over-all, it's a great, clean place. We didn't notice any "sound-proofing" problems. The staff was very accommodating and the restuarant has great mexican food.
loved it!from traveling_mom_Boston
Loved itfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Feels like miniature villagefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Front desk staff very helpful to me, not so helpful to others, I observed. In house restaurant scenic, tasty and courteous waiters every time! Totally awesome location. You cannot ask for a better location. Minutes away from airport, but not noisy; steps from Old Town, etc.
Hotel is barely soundproofed, though. People complained about our noisy, bouncy kids; I heard the baby crying all night next door and the heavy heeled guy upstairs avery night.
I didn't expect a five star situation, and so was not disappointed! This is a three-star in my opinion, but they need to work on soundproofing.
I would definitely stay there again, esp. with our 9 & 4 year old.
Top Local Tips for San Diego
Midway The MIdway Museum is a MUST! If you have time before your ship leaves, put your bags onboard then stay in the harbor area and visit. We spent over 3 hours there, so start out early in the day-hours are 10 to 5, 7 days, but allow lots of time to take the free audio tour, listen to the veterans talk, visit the bridge, peruse the flight deck and stop at the gift shop. One of our best museum experiences anywhere and i am not a military history kind of touring spouse. Many of the volunteers had served onboard and their true stories were riveting, especially those of the naval pilots. Get your picture taken at the entrance--30% of proceeds go to Museum. Adult Admission is currently$15, $10 for 62+ seniors, $8 youth,free for 5 and under, or active duty in uniform. See www.midway.org or call 619.544.9600.
walkable easy to get around using the trolley and buses.
Fred's Fred's was a great place for local Mexican food, and we ate there 3 out of 4 nights. I also highly recommend Jack and Giulios for Italian, which is where we ate on the off night from Fred's.
Other names for Best Western Hacienda Suites Old Town Hotel
- san diego best western
- best western san diego
- best western hacienda hotel old town san diego
- best western hacienda hotel old town
- Address: 4041 Harney Street - San Diego - California - 92110 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Best Western Hacienda Suites Old Town Hotel
- Heritage Park Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Courtyard San Diego Old Town Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Western Inn & Suites Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- La Quinta Inn Old Town Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Express San Diego Old Town Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Padre Trail Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Comfort Inn and Suites Seaworld Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Hampton Inn Sea World Airport Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Comfort Inn Airport Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Good Nite Inn Sea World Area Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Crowne Plaza San Diego Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Ramada Plaza Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Howard Johnson San Diego Sea World Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Loma Lodge Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi