Bahia Resort Hotel, San Diego
Reviews - Bahia Resort Hotel
Read 669 additional reviews of Bahia Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Diego
Historical Traveller Reviews of Bahia Resort Hotel
Expensive, but great locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Thumbs Upfrom A TripAdvisor Member
t have asked for morefrom yorkie007
Unfortunately, due to the last week of summer, everything was taken. I grumbled at first when they advised I would be on the 3rd floor of a 5 floor building, however it was close to the pool which was another of my request. Let me tell you, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious and technically was only on the second floor as they count the ground as floor #1. Secondly, our room was situated as such that we overlooked the lobby and the cafe. Each night the cafe had live entertainment pertaining to a certain theme ie.. Mexican, Carribean, etc... it was awesome to sit on our balcony and take in the free entertain nightly. As well, the Bahia Belle paddle boat free to guest is a must. It was beautiful watching the sunset from on board. As we were there the last week in August there were many activities for kids.
Movies at the pool, science and craft programs. It's also a 2 minute drive to Sea World. about 1/2 block walk to the ocean, shops and restaurants as well as a boardwalk with a rollarcoaster and other rides. Awesome!!! Unfortunately, come Sept.1st their winter schedule begins, no kids programs, no bar/restaurant at the pool and no nightly entertainment. It also appears to be more of a business crowd with lots of conventions and weddings. All in all, it was excellent. We highly recommend it. It was clean, with friendly staff. We had a studio room with kitchen which was great for making our own meals, the food at the cafe was great too!!! We did notice a decline in service at the Cafe once the summer crowd departed. Like I said before once Sept. 1st hit, things did change....but none the less not enough for us to have anything to complain about. We had a wonderful time and would definately return. We've been home only 1 1/2 weeks and miss it terribly. Two thumbs up for this hotel! Great for kids of all ages!
Old, dirty, smelly, loudfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not badfrom Lester_of_Simms
The staff were friendly & the bar a nice place tpo relax. I'd go again but only if the rooms were under $100 a night
Always a Great Experiencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
We have stayed at other places in San Diego, but always seem to come back to the Bahia.
t waste your money!from A TripAdvisor Member
Check in time was supposed to be 4:00 p.m. We had arrived early and were told by the front desk that we could check in at 1:00, then they changed it to 3:00, then we were going to be happy to settle for 4:00.
At 4:40 p.m., we were finally able to get into our room (with a cranky 1 year old and 3 year old who where awake since 4 a.m. to get on the plane to San Diego). We paid about $200 per night for a standard beach front room with 2 double beds. The "spacious" room was very small, with no table or chairs to eat on. The drawers and closet smelled so badly of mildew that we couldn't store any of our clothes in them. The shower head in the bathtub was very low, so unless you are under 5 feet tall, get ready for some back strain every time you shower. The tub lever broke during the stay, and our call requesting maintenance was ignored making it imposible to give the kids a bath. Our "private patio" was right next a busy walkway to the beach, so it was anything but private.
The remote control for the TV would only work if you turned off the lights (as explained to us by maintenance). The hotel was the only bad part of our vacation. Think twice (or more) before staying there.
Had a good time at the Bahiafrom A TripAdvisor Member
Bahia=Noisy, Sleepless Stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
nicce but nosyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for San Diego
you're in SoCal - rent a convertible Rentfourless.com - Rented a convertible Solara for the price of a sub-compact!
Lots of attractions nearby Sea World is less than 5 minutes away by car, and Downtown San Diego is less than 15 minutes away by car. Downtown has lots to offer: the Maritime Museum, the Gaslamp Quarter, Petco Park, Balboa Park, The San Diego Zoo, The San Diego Convention Center, and plenty of great places to eat, shop, dance, etc.
go to the zoo go to the san diego zoo, the best zoo ive ever seen and trust me ive seen a lot of zoos
Other names for Bahia Resort Hotel
- bahia resort san diego
- bahia resort
- bahia hotel san diego
- Address: 998 West Mission Bay Drive - San Diego - California - 92109 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Bahia Resort Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Islandia Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Paradise Point Resort and Spa Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Dana on Mission Bay Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Ocean Villa Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Catamaran Resort Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi
- Best Western Blue Sea Lodge Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Ocean Park Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- The Ocean Beach Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Pacific Terrace Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Diamond Head Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Holiday Inn Express San Diego Sea World Area Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Pacific Shores Inn Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- Hilton San Diego Resort Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Good Nite Inn Sea World Area Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 4.8 km / 3 mi
- Hampton Inn Sea World Airport Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi