Best Western Yosemite Gateway Inn Hotel, Oakhurst
Reviews - Best Western Yosemite Gateway Inn Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Oakhurst
Historical Traveller Reviews of Best Western Yosemite Gateway Inn Hotel
good spot for Yosemitefrom duffus07
Nice rooms, Comfortable accommodationfrom thrifty
Decent budget hotel near Yosemitefrom ryanpiller
We did hear some partying from the room above but suspect it may have been due to over enthusiatic occupants rather than the thickness of the ceiling. It didn't bother us once we went to sleep.
I agree that the woman at the desk was a little curt but as the only time we saw her was checking in and out, I wasn't too bothered.
Don't bother with the restuarant as it is over priced and has delusions of grandeur. There are plenty of places to eat, close by.
Would certainly recommend this as a springboard into Yosemite or on the way back out (as we did).
Beautiful Rustic Charmfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Alluring prices, but better off elsewherefrom A TripAdvisor Member
From their website, the rooms should have had refrigerators and microwaves, but when we arrived, we were told that they were "out" of those rooms. Front desk was terribly rude and inconsiderate. They did not have our reservations listed in their computer, luckily we brought proof of reservations (still waited in the lobby for an hour and a half for them to verify our reservations).
After our reservations were verified, we were sent to a nicely decorated room at first glance, but the tv was fuzzy on most channels, the hairdryer never worked and the water pressure was really low. Of course we asked for another room, but they were "out" of those also, but they offered us 10% off of breakfast at the restaurant next door. Not knowing the area, we decided to make the best of it by rarely returning.
Also, the indoor pool that they advertise is nothing more than a shack with a green colored pond in it. They also allow pets to stay, so unless you're a fan of kennel noise, don't bother booking at this hotel.
Nice Place!from A TripAdvisor Member
Mediocre at bestfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great for lake access, but not Yosemitefrom TravelGirl33
Good hotel and location, rude and unhelpful stafffrom Globalcitizen118
At this point my brother, who is an orthopedic surgeon and had come all the way from London, stepped in and decided to be firm with them (as opposed to my gentle way of dealing with them). It was only then that they reluctantly talked to the manager who offered to compensate us for the room for one night and move us into two rooms the next day. The rooms were very nice as was the setting although the first night was very tough with 5 tired people sharing one room and one bathroom. When I checked out, I was charged the same rate for the two rooms although the rates had been different when I reserved them. When I pointed that out, there was no apology, just a comment, "I'll have to do them all over again" as if it was my fault! Finally, I would have expected a pleasant goodbye and apology for having messed up our reservations. Neither was forthcoming. All throughout, we were treated by the counter staff like a problem rather than valued customers. Once again, I would like to compliment the manager for attempting to resolve the situation fairly but boy, do the counter staff need lots of training in courtesy and customer service!
Great Motel in a Great Little Townfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We'd recommend this motel to anybody!
Top Local Tips for Oakhurst
Bass Lake go see Bass Lake. It is very close and beautiful. Take some food and just relax there after a long day in Yosemite.
Todd's Barbeque If you looking for a great dinner in Oakhurst, try Todd's Barbeque on Hwy 41. It is close to hotels and the food is outstanding. Prices are very reasonable and service is great!! Easily some of the best barbeque on the west coast (and we've been to a bunch of barbeque restaurants!).
good for overnight if you want base to travel into park maybe consider stopping a little closer to park.
Other names for Best Western Yosemite Gateway Inn Hotel
- oakhurst best western
- best western oakhurst
- Address: 40530 Highway 41 - Oakhurst - California - 93644 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Best Western Yosemite Gateway Inn Hotel
- Oakhurst Lodge Hotel Oakhurst, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Days Inn Oakhurst Yosemite Hotel Oakhurst, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park, California Distance: 22.3 km / 13.9 mi
- Little Valley Inn Hotel Mariposa, California Distance: 22.5 km / 14 mi
- Comfort Inn Mariposa Hotel Mariposa, California Distance: 32.5 km / 20.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Madera, California Distance: 55.6 km / 34.6 mi
- Super 8 Motel Hotel Madera, California Distance: 55.5 km / 34.5 mi
- Madera Valley Inn Hotel Madera, California Distance: 55.6 km / 34.6 mi
- Extended StayAmerica Fresno Hotel Fresno, California Distance: 56.5 km / 35.1 mi
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fresno Hotel Fresno, California Distance: 56.5 km / 35.1 mi
- Hampton Inn & Suites Hotel Fresno, California Distance: 56.7 km / 35.2 mi
- Comfort Suites Fresno Hotel Fresno, California Distance: 56.8 km / 35.3 mi
- Best Western Clovis Cole Hotel Clovis, California Distance: 57 km / 35.4 mi
- Econo Lodge Blackstone Avenue Hotel Fresno, California Distance: 57.9 km / 36 mi
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Hotel Fresno, California Distance: 58.3 km / 36.2 mi