Marina International and Bungalows Hotel, Marina Del Rey
Reviews - Marina International and Bungalows Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Marina Del Rey
Historical Traveller Reviews of Marina International and Bungalows Hotel
Tired old hotelfrom piddlebiddle
The pool was dirty and it was not a pleasant experience swimming in it. The housekeeping is excellent but really the maids are fighting against all odds. We were booked for 4 days but checked out after 2 to get a more cost-effective hotel in Hollywood.
only stay if you are desperatefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Negative: Air conditioning was broken, room was stifling. I complained several times and wanted my room switched, they did not accomodate me. I slept very little, the mattress was very old, walls were thin, to sum it all up YUCK! Find somewhere else if possible!
New ownership has its work cut out for it!!from marlowe
However, the staff was friendly and efficient and the rooms were clean. The location is also excellent.
The adjacent public parking lot served as sleeping quarters for a few of the area's homeless and served as an early morning depressant.
Cheap - and, boy, does it show!from anne_lh
However, the hotel was smelly - it reeked of mildew. The carpet was stained. The paint on the walls was peeling off. The tub was stained. The shower head was so full of mineral deposits that there was simply no water pressure. The springs on the mattress were sprung. I think the mattress must have been 50 years old.
And the walls are paper thin. I spent all night hearing my neighbors in the throes of passion. Literally - all night. The gaps under the door allowed all the hallway noise into the room. The phone kept ringing in the middle of the night (eventually, I unplugged it).
If you only have $100 to spend for a night, can't find anywhere else, and don't want so sleep in your car, then i guess this hotel is for you.
I would recommend, however, spending and extra 50 bucks and going somewhere safe, clean, quiet, and comfortable.
Not fancy, but perfectly finefrom Art_Zee
The walls are a little thin; I could hear that my neighbor's TV was on, although it wasn't loud enough to be terribly distracting, and in the morning I could hear the maids knocking on doors. For someone who requires total silence, this hotel might be a little disappointing but it wasn't a problem for me.
My room was huge and featured a hair dryer, coffee maker, and other appliances that weren't fancy but were in good working condition. The lobby was beautiful and had a fire going all the time; the only complaint I had here is that the rental computer station was on the fritz most of the week that I was there. However, there are plenty places in Marina Del Rey to use a computer, including a number of WiFi spots.
I would definitely stay at Marina International again. It was a good bargain hotel.
OK For The Pricefrom redhills
Nope, not herefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice Hotel at a reasonable rate, great location a bonus!from A TripAdvisor Member
Terrible service and dirty roomfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Marina Del Rey
Taxi Catch it at the end of the marina....from the hotel to the exit of the marina, our taxi fare was $9.80...the same price as the rest of the way to LAX.
Explore Admiralty Way If you have a car or a bike, explore Admiralty Way all the way to the end. The drive is beautiful, right along the Marina... and at the end there is a nice collection of restaurants including Mexican and Italian.... all right on the water. If you're with someone you love, take a walk behind the restaurants along where all the boats are tied up, preferably at sunset. This is a nice, slightly hidden, out of the way spot that is mostly populated by locals.. but we're nice to tourists so don't hesitate to ask us to take that picture. We'll probably say yes.
Dinig in the area The Terrace Cafe, 7 Washington Blvd. Great food and service, attended new years eve party etc.
Other names for Marina International and Bungalows Hotel
- marina international hotel
- marina international del rey
- Address: 4200 Admiralty Way - Marina Del Rey - California - 90292 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Marina International and Bungalows Hotel
- Jamaica Bay Inn Hotel Marina Del Rey, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Foghorn Harbor Inn Hotel Marina Del Rey, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Su Casa Venice Beach Hotel Venice, California Distance: 2.3 km / 1.5 mi
- Super 8 Los Angeles Culver City Area Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- The California Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 4.4 km / 2.8 mi
- Econo Lodge Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 3.8 km / 2.3 mi
- Four Points Hotel by Sheraton Santa Monica, California Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Shutters on the Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
- The Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 4.1 km / 2.6 mi
- Le Merigot A JW Marriott Hotel & Spa Santa Monica, California Distance: 4.3 km / 2.6 mi
- Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- Furama Hotel Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Holiday Inn Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 4.6 km / 2.9 mi