Wilshire Grand Los Angeles Hotel
Reviews - Wilshire Grand Los Angeles Hotel
- Age Group:
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
- Age Group: 60 +
- From: Australia
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Historical Traveller Reviews of Wilshire Grand Los Angeles Hotel
So-so hotelfrom redstone1365
Average hotel. Not too bad but certainly not great.
I expected morefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Wilshire Not so Grandfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Waste of Moneyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I'd def go back
Good hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Pleasantly surprised!from Deenusser
On these floors, they serve free snacks and drinks all day. We also enjoyed a beautiful FREE breakfast, which consisted of everything you would want.
Our room was very spacious, and our bed was very comfortable. We had two separate bathrooms, which is a nice feature.
Our room was probably re-modeled recently, as there was no appearance of any sort of wear and tear, and it appeared to be new.
The parking charge is horrendous though. Yes it's $24. a day! Yikes!
We had a free shuttle to and from the Convention Center, which saved at least that much on cab fare however.
Overall, we would definately stay there again.
Not worth the pricefrom chrislu
The parking is $24.00 a night, we were given a deal because of the convention or we would have used a lot a block or two away. Not that you would want to do a lot of walking in this neighborhood. I would never go out alone, too many homeless and panhandlers on the streets downtown. Even with a group this was a problem.
The rooms were of average size with nice sized windows. The bathroom, however, was tiny with very limited counter space. I had a problem with my shower and called to tell housekeeping and someone fixed it the same day. The employees were helpful.
The room was rather shabby, with chipped and missing paint on the furniture and old worn carpeting. It really needs renovating. The walls were so thin that I could hear my neighbors talking when they came in and even opening their drapes!!
With so many staying for the convention, finding ice became a problem. We were passing one another in the hall with ice buckets, going from floor to floor in search of ice. On the 7th floor there was never ice after 8 a.m. We checked on a refrigerator, but were told we would have to be put on a waiting list and if one became available it would be $24.00 a day.
I really expected more for that kind of money.
Best holiday everfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The Wilshire Grand hotel downtown L.A. was delightful. Lorraine who owns a clothing shop in the hotel Capucci Creations could not have treated me better if she were my mother, and the bell clerk could not have been more helpful. Shopping at the Bargain Line down the street was awsome and the free gifts they gave us were out of this world and they also ship items for you. The Dr. Phil show was just too much and so much fun, the beaches were a site for sore eyes since in Ontario we seldom have seen the sun this season. Just a wonderful trip and we would definately go again. Sharon
Small room with thin wallsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Los Angeles
The Standard Check out the club at The Standard - very good view and cool atmosphere
need a car Rent a car! LA is NOT a walking or public transportation town.
Breakfast-Cheap and Yummy food! Go to The Pantry for breakfast (or any meal!) its cheap and its been there for a long long time!! Its right near the Staples Center and the new Nokia Theatre - Yumm!
Other names for Wilshire Grand Los Angeles Hotel
- wilshire grand los angeles
- hotel wilshire grand
- Address: 930 Wilshire Boulevard - Los Angeles - California - 90017 - United States
Hotels Near Wilshire Grand Los Angeles Hotel
- The Standard Downtown Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Orchid Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hilton Checkers Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Millenium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Los Angeles Marriott Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles City Center Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza Los Angeles, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Clarion Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Rodeway Inn Convention Center Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Best Value Inn Alvarado Street Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Miyako Hotel Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Metro Plaza Hotel Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi