The Orlando Hotel, Los Angeles
Reviews - The Orlando Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Adventurer
Read 244 additional reviews of The Orlando Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Los Angeles
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Orlando Hotel
It was nicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
t go to The ARGYLE) Stay here at The Orlandofrom A TripAdvisor Member
The Orlando staff took the reservation over the phone, and guarenteed the rate verbally. [When you travel alot, you expect people to be honorable about verbal committments and their rates.]
The Orlando came thru with flying colors. Nice clean stylish room (queen anne wood cabinets sorta old school - but still very decent rooms), clean bath, clean stylish fabrics, very comfortable bed, and very convenient location to shopping, dining, etc. Staff are top rate.
Great Place to Stay!from A TripAdvisor Member
The location was great... just 2 min from the CBS studio, 5 min from Beverly Hills and about 10 min from Hollywood. There are even great places to eat and shop just outside the hotel. Try Berrie's for some excellent pizza and spinach/artichoke dip.
It is a boutique hotel, so expect a small, but very nice lobby and small bathrooms. We didn't try the retaurant for dinner, but had breakfast delivered to the room and it was good, but expensive.
Again, I can't say enough about the service. Particulary from Thomas and Marcel. They went above and beyond calling cabs for us, taking pictures of us, and setting up the tour. The housekeeping lady turned down the bed each night and even gave us extra chocolate! The soaps and lotions in the room were awesome. Everything was very clean and comfortable.
We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend the hotel. It was perfect!
best bargainfrom fullmoonrising
service from the valet/doorman to the maids is friendly, timely and warm. front desk personnel are informative and the hotel provides taxi coupons daily. i almost hate to share this info!
Loved The Orlando!! Hidden Treasurefrom xtina27
Only ok.from celt32girl
Hardly a room with a view though - our view was of a huge white wall (probably 10 foot plus) bordering the side of the pool area. Talking of which, this (both the pool and the "area") was tiny.
Refurbishment was ongoing but there was allegedly a complimentary breakfast in the reception area. Didn't break my heart trying to locate it but there was certainly no sniff of it by 10am.....
Well served by restaurants nearby, especially in the shopping centre.
To reflect earlier reviews the valets were fantastic. My interaction with them went no further than leaving bags in storage and requesting a taxi to LAX but they were hugely attentive and a credit to the hotel.
just alrightfrom A TripAdvisor Member
That said, the staff was very friendly and the room was quite comfortable. Be aware that the second floor is actually the ground level if you are pool side, (no pool view though) when booking a room. Also, the pool is 4 feet at the deepest. The location is very handy and there are a lot of good cafes and shops on 3rd, as well as a block away on Beverly.
Not a bad place, probably will be nice when finished.
Wouldn't recommend it for a special occasion though.
s Cracked Up to Befrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Deal... But not a 4-Star Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
location. Rooms were pretty decent... however bathrooms needed work
i.e. some mold on ceilings, out-dated sink and faucet, old tub. Front
desk was very nice and helpful except for a rude woman in the morning
shift. She greeted us with a negative comment on our arrival and
continued to be snotty during the entire trip. The rest of the staff is
very friendly... especially the valet men. They made our trip very
*ONE CAUTION* - Make sure you pick up your vouchers each morning even if you don't plan on taking a cab that day. We learned the hard way that you can't get taxi vouchers from previous days.
All in all, the hotel was tres chic... but like my title says... the
4-star rating is questionable.
Top Local Tips for Los Angeles
Not for pedestrians There are many great places to eat, but be armed with a plan before you arrive or it will be overwhelming. Also, Los Angeles is not a pedestrian city. This really took some getting used to. We like to walk everywhere (like NYC), but really couldn't do that here. If you want to know where everyone is on a Friday night (or any night) try the promenade in Santa Monica. It is a really fun place to shop, see movies, the beach and is full of restaurants.
farmers market 3rd and fairfax highly recommend for a nice lunch or get some groceries to take back to the room!
Joans on Third Joans on Third ~ Great place to eat that is about a 2 minute walk from the hotel.
Other names for The Orlando Hotel
- orlando los angeles
- orlando hotel los angeles
- Address: 8384 West Third Street - Los Angeles - California - 90048 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Orlando Hotel
- Elan Hotel Modern Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Sofitel Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Farmers Daughter Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1 km / 0.7 mi
- Le Parc Suites Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Four Seasons Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.5 km / 1 mi
- Beverly Terrace Hotel Beverly Hills, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Ramada Plaza Hotel Hollywood Hollywood, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Hotel Le Petit West Hollywood Hollywood, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Chamberlain West Hollywood Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Raffles L'Ermitage Beverly Hills Hotel Beverly Hills, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Best Western Carlyle Inn Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villa Hollywood, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- The London West Hollywood Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi