Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
Reviews - Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Los Angeles
Historical Traveller Reviews of Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
re there.from lisaleiny
Quiet at Weekendsfrom wednesday
do your HW)!from Nuitcchi
Great service, super clean and well appointedfrom 70Degrees
Disappointing hotel, great locationfrom emmajane7
Great for the rate!from A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel is well located in downtown and is about a two minute walk to the Disney Concert Hall/Dorothy Chandler/Ahmanson, etc.. It would be ideal for dinner and an evening at the theater concert.
We went to Olivera Street for Mexican food on saturday night and ate at Los Golondrinas, a classic but touristy destination. Dinner for the three of us (with a couple Margaritas and tip) was about $60. The little shopping area on Olivera Street is alot of fun, especially for children, with lots of toys for under $5.
The pool at the hotel was well heated but did not get direct sun because of all of the tall buildings near by. It is also a small lap pool but was not at all crowded on the weekend. The three of us had the pool to ourselves for pretty much all of Saturday afternoon between 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
All in all, Downtown LA is pretty dead on the weekend and if this is your "Big Vacation" you could well be disappointed. However, if you get it for the right price and have the right expectations it is quite a find.
Very nice hotelfrom mckinfam
Great price- conceirge was a rudefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Downtown LA is a ghost town on the weekend (there is more to do in downtown Fresno or Lodi), especially at night. There is only a Burger King, a California pizza place (I don't think they deliver) and a koo koo chicken (?) that was opened after 8:00 PM!!!
You can drive or take a cab to Little Tokyo or Olviera Street, which are both really nice and really close. Or I would suggest just bringing in food before you arrive.
The rooms were nice and the beds were comfortable. It is close to a museum and the new Disney music hall. And it has a nice courtyard to walk around.
There is a shopping center on the property, but it is closed on the weekend.
I would definitely go there or any of the 4 star hotels in downtown LA again for the price we paid (60 bucks). In fact, if I stay the weekend again anywhere in LA (including Disneyland) -- I will book a hotel in downtown LA. You think about it: You have to drive in LA anyway. Might as well live the high-life at one of these ritzy (if not empty) hotels.
nice hotel. thats where the story endsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles downtown is just that, its downtown, and unless you are there on busienss do not bother going as there is nothing to do.
We were without transport and reading various websites etc it advises that there is a good metro link from the hotel etc. Which is true yes there is, if you dont mind the "gypseys tramps and thieves".
It does not feel safe to walk around at night, and the courtesy car is there if you can catch it but they wont actually offer it to you.
We thought for a nice change we would visit china town for some dinner, the sad thing is no body else had the same thought and the place was shut before 9pm.
Over the road form the hotel is the california pizza kitchen, this is nice and inexpensive, and after 9.00 its your only choice.
Hotel rooms are very nice, pool is small, reception staff are courteous and efficient, if sometimes they give misleading info, and the door staff are pushy hunting their tips.
If you could pick the hotel up and puty it in a less dodgy area it would be great.
We would not stay downtown again. Its just not worth it unless you are there for business, even the guide books are now saying theres a lot to do downtown....BULL !!!
s allfrom happycamperNewYork
Top Local Tips for Los Angeles
Places to enjoy a cocktail in downtown LA For a great view of the city from an upscale lounge and sushi restaurant, check out Takami Sushi & Elevate Lounge on the 21st floor at 811 Wilshire. If you like an old-school bar with terrific whiskey cocktails, check out Seven Grand at 515 W 7th St. The revolving lounge atop the Westin Bonaventure has great views but was in need of a redecorating a decade ago. And to enjoy a sense of old Hollywood opulence, have a drink at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles at 506 S Grand.
great Thai food in Pasadena If you are out in Pasadena don't miss an opportunity to eat at Pataya Cafe at 1525 E.Colorado Blvd (between Marion and Hill Streets). Very authentic and delicous. Accross from the Pasadena City College.
flower market go to the flower market, it is awesome
Other names for Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
- omni los angeles
- los angeles omni
- Address: 251 South Olive Street - Los Angeles - California - 90012 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza
- Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Millenium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton Checkers Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Los Angeles Marriott Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Standard Downtown Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Miyako Hotel Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Orchid Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Metro Plaza Hotel Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles City Center Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Super 8 Motel Los Angeles Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Clarion Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Rodeway Inn Convention Center Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Best Value Inn Alvarado Street Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi