Los Angeles Marriott Downtown Hotel
Reviews - Los Angeles Marriott Downtown Hotel
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: Japan
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Los Angeles
Historical Traveller Reviews of Los Angeles Marriott Downtown Hotel
California suite!from marley01
I didn't hear noise either (probably because it was so high up).
I loved this room!
Nice hotel, good service - great beds!from A TripAdvisor Member
What A Horror!from Criticaltraveller
Large room with hardly any furniture (desk, TV resting on a mini-bar, upright dresser)
Filthy desk chair
Two bathroom towels only
Dirty, dirty curtains
Next to the freeway - very noisy
Next to Figeroa Street - very noisy
One phone only
I checked out two days early
I would never stay here again - ever! And I am a Marriott Elite member! Absolutely horrible.....A Days Inn would be better...
ll think twicefrom kurock_chalk
Pricey but nicefrom bajabob
Ehhh. Not so great.from A TripAdvisor Member
Fine Hotel for a Business Stayfrom dagsmith
- Hard to walk to anything due to downtown tunnels, promenades at different levels and location near highway.
- Fitness center not quite up to Marriott standards
- Rooms and room service were great.
I arrived late at night and was greeted very nicely for 2 in the morning!
Fine, nothing greatfrom stevenap2000
Not bad for an older hotelfrom mareff
Worst California Stay Ever!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
The decor was old, our goodwill quality couch had stains and permanent butt dents, and the carpets were dusty. pretty cruddy for a five star hotel, and very embarrassing for a one bedroom SUITE.
The maids were rude, and would walk right in without knocking. I got attitude if I asked for newspaper (I began having to call down everyday to request one- ridiculous!) and one of the maids gave me dirty looks and SCOLDED me because my children were running around the room. (Very unacceptable!)
they continuously left me 3 towels, when by headcount it was obvious there were 4 of us, plus my husband. I had to call down every single day for towels or sheets- which were only changed once-even when I requested it.
An 'at your service button' is all you need to cause confusion between housekeeping, front desk and room service, and I dreaded using it for food. I ordered room service everyday and was always shorted something, and had to call back down again and wait another 30 minutes for things like syrup or ice.
They have no room safes, so I would suggest you hide everything or keep it in a safe box downstairs since these people love to use their keys without knocking on your door first. And trust me, we had all kinds coming in, even people swearing that I called them for something and I never did!
The valets would not open our doors upon arrival- (and I have never seen a valet just stand there while his passengers got out until we stayed here) but shamelessly stand there, hands open for cash. Even while we departed on several different days, my children and I had to open our own doors, while they stood next to my husband's with their paws out. RUDE, RUDE, RUDE! Another time I called for a cab and my 3 babies and I waited for them to move a car costing us $2.50 extra fare!!!!! On top of all this, sometimes the girl at the booth would 'forget' to have our car brought up, making us wait 10 minutes with 3 little ones while she chatted on the phone or fixed her eyelashes.
The ONLY good thing was the concierge level room which we made good use of. The meals were okay, same everyday but free so it was very good. It was like the lobby, very nicely decorated (not at all like our suite) and the employees there did not bother us with anything so it was the only place that I felt truly comfortable.
So if you love opening the car door for yourself while the valet digs his butt and stares at you, rude employees, cold treatment, people begging you for tips without deserving one, 70's and 80's decorated rooms, old couches, grouchy lectures from housekeepers, people barging in on you all the time, calling for a newspaper, food, sheets, towels, etc.etc.etc. every single day, stay here! if not, stay away. I know we will.
BTW, I gave it 2 points instead of 1 because of our room size, which was the only good thing about staying here.
Top Local Tips for Los Angeles
Gem 2 Blocks Away Cafe Pinot is a dynamite place to dine and is within walking distance from the Marriott....great food, but pack a fat wallet.
Great Museums Downtown, visit the Japanese American National Museum for a very moving experience about the long history of the Japanese to gain acceptance in America, or visit the California Science Center for lots of hands on things to do, for adults or kids. With a car, the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum is 45 minutes away in Simi Valley and, whatever your politics, and interesting walk through recent history--including a chance to walk through the plane he used as Air Force One.
LA Tourism If you stay here, definitely take a drive to all the tourist spots in LA from the hotel! Universal, Beverly Hills, Hollywood, La Brea Tar Pits, ect.
Other names for Los Angeles Marriott Downtown Hotel
- marriott los angeles
- los angeles marriott
- Address: 333 South Figueroa Street - Los Angeles - California - 90071 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Los Angeles Marriott Downtown Hotel
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Standard Downtown Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Millenium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton Checkers Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Orchid Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles City Center Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Miyako Hotel Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Metro Plaza Hotel Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Clarion Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Rodeway Inn Convention Center Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Best Value Inn Alvarado Street Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Super 8 Motel Los Angeles Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.3 mi