Figueroa Hotel, Los Angeles
Reviews - Figueroa Hotel
- Age Group: 18 - 25
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Special Interest/Event
Read 269 additional reviews of Figueroa Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Los Angeles
Historical Traveller Reviews of Figueroa Hotel
Great timefrom lindajayneuk
t Believe the Hypefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Really nice place with good managementfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not worth itfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Be sure to check out the courtyard.from OhioVeronica
Loved It!from A TripAdvisor Member
Not all that bad...actually quite nice!from A TripAdvisor Member
A. and as they say, you get what you pay for. The staff is a little standoffish, but once you get to know "Uno" and he gets to know you...problems are snuffed right out. The reason I say that is because Uno does not tolerate people that give him a hard time. Nor does he like the type of person that always whines and is out to get "something for nothing". As for the decor...IT IS DIFFERENT, but that is part of the charm. Now, one thing I can tell you... most of the time I had the occassion to stay here was while I was driving a tour bus for a now out of business motor coach company. There was a room he used to give the drivers (I don't really remember the room number), but I do remember that the room had two doors to it an outer and inner door. It was TINY..but let me tell you, it had an air conditioner to kill for. In the summer time....I looked forward to that COLD room, especially in the daytime!!! The food served was pretty good, I did look forward to a good steak at the end of the day. I remember he had a cafe out in front..but I don't know if is is still there or not....they did have some good salads. If I were going to L. A. I would stay there again, it is off the beaten path but accessable to everything. Before you go, I STRONGLY reccomend a reservation......he does a lot of business with Japaneese tour operators and they do fill up the place quickly. If you do stay here, IT IS DIFFERENT, but as I said, thats the charm of it!!
Figueroa is great!from A TripAdvisor Member
My husband and I took many pictures of the lobby alone. Being a light sleeper, I asked for a room with empty rooms on either side. The desk clerk was friendly and accomodated us to the best of her ability. I slept great. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. From reading some of the reviews, I expected the neighborhood to be a war zone. In reality, it's just a regular downtown area like any city's.
There are business people all around during the day. At night, there was always something going on at Staples Center, so there were a lot of people around for that. There is a parking lot just behind the hotel and we never had trouble finding a spot. There's a nice walkway leading from the parking lot to the lobby. The Figueroa serves breakfast, but there's also a good breakfast place a block up the street. One morning, we went out on foot and explored the downtown area. Everyone at the Figueroa was friendly. I urge anyone to stay here.
Figueroa - happily go backfrom Cats_123
Quit dogging tha fig!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Los Angeles
Metro Rail We discovered that L.A. has a pretty nice subway system. We were able to walk from the Marriott a couple of blocks to the 7th Street Metro Hub. From there we took the subway to Universal City, about a 15 minute ride, $2.50 round trip. Once we arrived in Universal City, we walked across the street to a Universal Studios tram, which took us to the front entrance, sweet!
The Figueroa This place is fine if you have low standards, don't care about any amenities, don't mind that the basics are not even good like a full towel, and working phones in the room
Great steak ! I had the best steak ever at an Irish restaurant close to the Figueroa Hotel ! It's a quite expensive bar but it's worth it!
Other names for Figueroa Hotel
- hotel figueroa
- figueroa hotel los angeles
- figueroa hotel
- Address: 939 South Figueroa Street - Los Angeles - California - 90015 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Figueroa Hotel
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles City Center Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Orchid Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Los Angeles Athletic Club Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Standard Downtown Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Hilton Checkers Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Millenium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Los Angeles Marriott Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Clarion Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Rodeway Inn Convention Center Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Best Value Inn Alvarado Street Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- The Inn at Venice Beach Hotel Venice, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- The Inn at 657 Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi