Elan Hotel Modern, Los Angeles
Reviews - Elan Hotel Modern
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Luxury Traveller
Read 592 additional reviews of Elan Hotel Modern at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Los Angeles
Historical Traveller Reviews of Elan Hotel Modern
The Elan was great!from A TripAdvisor Member
Clean Comfortable Rooms - Great Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Rooms are very relaxing (nice calming Asian style decor) and VERY clean. The beds are comfortable and we highly recommend a junior suite if available (especially for 2 people on business). The staff is very friendly and the manager (Joel) is wonderful. One night were put into a room next to the workout room and it was a bit noisy in the morning (we stayed up late the night before), so he invited us back for a complimentary night's stay! We now make it our regular stay when on business in Los Angeles.
The wine and cheese in the evening is delightful after a day's work and even though the view onto the street isn't all that great, the decor inside is fun & modern yet relaxing and a nice place to chill and read a magazine or local newspaper.
We look forward to our next stay there - and walking over to the French Restaurant in the Farmer's Market at "The Grove" (Monsieur Marcel) or some of the other great restaurants there at The Grove. Keep your eyes open for local celebrities at The Grove - we've seen at least 3 everytime we go there and they seem to be able to enjoy themselves without Paparazzi hassling them.
Best little boutique hotel in West Hollywood!
Elan Hotel Modern was nothing like I expectedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good location, good price, could use one improvementfrom A TripAdvisor Member
A little bit of luxury and coolfrom Dutchbairn
modern, quiet, great valuefrom Elarbee
What we liked
> Modern reception and tasteful rooms
> Staff were always friendly and helpful, but also laid back
> Location was perfect for getting round LA ( with a car ) and the suburb behind it felt very safe
> Broadband internet in room
> Continential breakfast. No hot food but still very nice
> Great rates, this hotel offers good value for money
What we didnt like
> The street its on aint no scene of beauty, just traffic and a tire repair shop next door.
> Only one bathrobe in the room and it had a funky brown stain on it
> No kettle in the room ( which is par for the course in the US )
Great at the start, but disappointed in the endfrom A TripAdvisor Member
However we were charged for parking when we clearly did not even park there on the first night we stayed. Like many people, we would like to save money on trips, therefore we opted not to have valet parking. We feel like we are wrongfully accused to of something we did not do. Due to this circumstance, our stay here was ruinned.
Highly Recommendedfrom bijou2006
Above and Beyond!from A TripAdvisor Member
Best Deal in LAfrom KPF561
Nice linens, a small but efficient bathroom, nice amenities, and a fitness room all for an incredible price. The breakfast was very good as well. This is my new hotel-home when in LA!
Top Local Tips for Los Angeles
Da Pasquale If you are looking for a good Italian restaurant go to Beverly Hills ! It is a family owned restaurant and we loved it.
Price is Right VERY DISSAPOINTED in CBS and Price is right!!! We had tickets for the later show on March 5. Drove from Palm Springs (vacationing there) to L.A. JUST for this event. Woke up at 4 am got the the CBS gates at 530am only to see BLOCKS and Blocks of others waiting there from the night before!!! We were amoung 200 others that did not make it in to see Bob and to attend a taping of the show. We Even had Tee Shirts made for it! WAAAAA This Canadian was very SAD! No BOB WAAAAAAAAA
Alamo beware Dropped off car at alamo and we asked if they could call at axi to take us back to hotel.They obviously just called a friend as it took over 1/2 hr waiting and to cut a long story short they took us more than just the long way and then decided to talk about cost which was going to be over 3-4 times what it should have been. Managed to call bullshit on him and got it sussed but those that did not know what the fare should have been or travelling alone, female etc may get intimidated into these rip off scams. If it doesnt have the fare meter and driver reg details up front its not a real cab, either discuss fare before you get in or tell them to take a walk. Im suprised Alamo would have their stff do this what was not just dodgy but could be dangerous situation as we did not this guy from a bar of soap.
Other names for Elan Hotel Modern
- elan hotel los angeles
- Address: 8435 Beverly Blvd - Los Angeles - California - 90048 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Elan Hotel Modern
- Sofitel Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Orlando Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills Los Angeles Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Le Parc Suites Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Farmers Daughter Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Four Seasons Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Ramada Plaza Hotel Hollywood Hollywood, California Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Beverly Terrace Hotel Beverly Hills, California Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Hotel Le Petit West Hollywood Hollywood, California Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Chamberlain West Hollywood Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villa Hollywood, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.1 mi
- The London West Hollywood Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Raffles L'Ermitage Beverly Hills Hotel Beverly Hills, California Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Grafton On Sunset Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi