Hyatt Regency Long Beach Hotel
Reviews - Hyatt Regency Long Beach Hotel
Read 355 additional reviews of Hyatt Regency Long Beach Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Long Beach
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hyatt Regency Long Beach Hotel
Great Location for Everything!from A TripAdvisor Member
Very Disappointedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good value, good locationfrom collegemom998
Typical Hyatt Experiencefrom TxnAquarian
Due to the fact that this Hyatt recently underwent a major renovation, I was expecting to be impressed - but I wasn't. Sure the rooms are pretty, contemporary and have upgraded bedding that I could have stayed in for days. But my bathroom looked like something that was left over from the 1980's. There was grout between the tiles on the floor and the area behind the toilet was not clean. I laid out several towels on that floor so that my bare feet would not touch it. The lobby area and grounds are nice, well-kept and idyllic, however. And I must emphasize that the rooms themselves are very nice, decorated in soothing colors of sea green and blues.
What was a surprise was how good the hotel's restaurant, Tides, was. The food at dinner was outstanding, as was the breakfast. It was much improved over what you would expect to find at a typical chain hotel. The servers were more than accomodating as well. This was a great experience!
My main gripe, working in guest services for a hotel myself, were the staff at check-in. I was checked-in by a gentleman who barely looked at me, let alone spoke to me. He just took my credit card and handed me keys. I asked him where shopping areas were in Long Beach and it was like pulling teeth trying to get information out of him. The rest of the Front Desk staff were not much better. The management here needs to realize that these employees are the guest's first impression of the hotel. I must say, however, that the bellmen here were great! They really went out of their way to assist us.
Overall, this was an okay hotel. Just not as fantastic as I would expect a newly renovated Hyatt. But it served its purpose for one night.
Loved It!from A TripAdvisor Member
Just what I was looking forfrom Janetdrew
Not Impressivefrom JaniceMPA
Close to Convention Centerfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Love this placefrom WaterlooGeek
Area around the hotel was great but after a few days there was nothing else to see or do. Unless you like wandering around restaurants and tourist shops.
Rooms were always in great shape after cleaning so staff are well trained
Over all this is great value for Long Beach area.
Very nice stay at the Hyatt...from alturner007
Top Local Tips for Long Beach
One trick town Long Beach has a fancy name that conjours up all sorts of visions but it really is a busy port at the end of the LA River and it's attractions will wane quicky so unless you have to go there for a conference (and the centre is great) I would choose some other spot for a base.
Catalina Island Do spend at least half a day out on Catalina Island. A lovely getaway from the LA/Long Beach rat race. Lots of people, all very relaxed, having a fun time, with no presumptious sorts found in other resort areas. Sit inside on the boat though....the wind and sun will gang up and give your face a roasting otherwise! With a half-day I had plenty of time to take the underwater sub fishspotting trip and enjoy a lovely lunch overlooking the harbour.
What to come to Long Beach for... Long Beach has obviously put a lot of money into revitalizing the downtown area and it has done a commendable job. At first blush, the quaint harbor lined with restaurants and shops is lovely. It is also fantastic that you can take a metro from the heart of Long Beach to downtown LA. My only complaint is that they have overdone it a little. The restuarants seem to cater not to people looking for a nice dinner out, but the happy hour crowd -- and you can't help wondering how these establishments can stay in business after 8:00 pm. Still, if all you're looking for is a multicolored margarita and a plate of wings -- this is the place for you!
Other names for Hyatt Regency Long Beach Hotel
- long beach hyatt
- hyatt regency long beach
- hyatt long beach
- Address: 200 South Pine Avenue - Long Beach - California - 90802 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hyatt Regency Long Beach Hotel
- Renaissance Long Beach Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- The Westin Long Beach Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Courtyard Long Beach Downtown Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Rodeway Inn Long Beach Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Inn of Long Beach Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hilton Long Beach and Executive Meeting Center Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Hotel Maya Long Beach Long Beach, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Long Beach Residence Inn Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- The Queen Mary Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Holiday Inn Downtown Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Best Western Of Long Beach Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi
- International Inn Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Quality Inn Long Beach Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Super 8 Motel Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Extended Stay America Hotel Long Beach, California Distance: 6.2 km / 3.8 mi