The Ridge Tahoe Hotel, Lake Tahoe
Reviews - The Ridge Tahoe Hotel
- Age Group:
- From: United States
- Traveller type:
Read 220 additional reviews of The Ridge Tahoe Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Lake Tahoe
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Ridge Tahoe Hotel
not good enoughfrom LEllis
The Deli claimed to serve Starbucks coffee, but I witnessed the guy steaming my drink all together, not the milk separately and then adding it to the espresso. In actual fact he initially handed my Mocha to me COLD before I complained. He then simply dunked the steamer nozzle into the drink and handed it back to me. I was gob-smacked.
I didn't use the pool or spa as this meant walking up the the main building - not something you can do in your robe.
Tahoe itself was disappointing. The setting is truly breathtaking, The Lake and the mountains and good skiing made the trip worth while. But the town was very boring (unless you want to spend ALL your time in Casinos) and it was difficult to find any decent food. If you like Macdonalds, Hard Rock cafe, Starbucks and Subway then you'll be in junk food heaven. If not then look a little further afield.
I reccommend Heidi's for brekkie.
Be careful -- no refundsfrom clsbend
Yes, they do warn about refund policy on their website. So be careful. There are no exceptions; a fact we paid dearly for.
Loved The Ridgefrom A TripAdvisor Member
In need of Repairs.from Reno11
We arrived to a very small room that was not properly cleaned by housekeeping. We found a poker chip on the floor which meant the carpet was not vacuumed. The toilet overflowed. The desk person told us to use the plunger provided in the room to fix it ourselves. The gas fireplace didn't work. The heat was stuck on and couldn't be turned down since the thermostat was locked in the adjoining room. The window was stuck open and couldn't be closed. We decided to leave after only one night and cancelled our other two nights. The desk manager hassled us and we had to insist on not being charged for the cancelled nights. We wrote a letter describing our horrible stay to the general manager. He was very apologetic and offered us two free nights. We are debating whether or not to return.
Great Accomodationsfrom spygirl59
Great Resortfrom Warby40
Hotel is up the mountain, away from the main heavenly resort - but it only takes approx 15 mins to drive down - not that there was much need to leave the resort. If you don't want to drive, there are hourly shuttle buses which take you down to Heavenly and the casino's. Just be careful if its snowing - the road is quite bendy and can be icey!
We stayed in a 1 bed condo. Room clean and spacious (although no kettle!) Daily maid service. The jacuzzi and sauna in each building were also great and meant you didn't have to go to the main building for a relaxing soak.
If you like skiing I recommend the Ridge Resort!
The place to be if you ski...from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Accomodationsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Will not return!!!from moz959
This place is not near anything! We had to take a shuttle just to eat. No room service here. The snow just compounded the problems the location provided. You took a chance on your life any time you left the resort and went down the hill to town or to ski.
All in all, this place was quite disappointing. They lost power the morning we left. We had to tote our bags down 6 stories and leave without a shower or a shave. Let me tell you, not the best way to leave your vacation
Top Local Tips for Lake Tahoe
Shuttle service The Ridge does provide free shuttle service down to the casinsos, but this service ends early. You have to pay for the Blue shuttle service to get back- $5 one way!
Kitchen 19 If you are bringing your girl to LT, you gotta bring her to Kitchen 19. Be sure to wear you suit and tie, get her into a nice dress and go to Kitchen 19 at the top of Harrah's. Oh man, it was THE MOST EXPENSIVE dinner I have ever paid for, but it was sooooo worth it.
Tahoe Applebee's Great food, large portions enough to share.
Other names for The Ridge Tahoe Hotel
- ridge tahoe resort
- ridge tahoe hotel lake
- ridge tahoe
- Address: 400 Ridge Club Drive - Lake Tahoe - California - 89449 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Ridge Tahoe Hotel
- Harrah's Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline, Nevada Distance: 4.9 km / 3.1 mi
- Forest Suites Resort Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Lake Tahoe Resort Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.1 km / 3.2 mi
- El Dorado Motel Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.2 km / 3.2 mi
- Marriott's Timber Lodge at Lake Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.1 km / 3.1 mi
- Tahoe Colony Inn Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.2 km / 3.2 mi
- Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.2 km / 3.2 mi
- Stardust Lodge Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.4 km / 3.3 mi
- Tahoe Tropicana Lodge Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Blue Jay Lodge Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
- Park Tahoe Inn Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- The Blue Lake Inn @ Heavenly Village Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Blue Lake Inn at Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Days Inn Park Avenue Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi