Marriott's Timber Lodge at Lake Tahoe Hotel
Reviews - Marriott's Timber Lodge at Lake Tahoe Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Lake Tahoe
Historical Traveller Reviews of Marriott's Timber Lodge at Lake Tahoe Hotel
Very Nice!!!from cahCalifornia
Location, Location, Location!from A TripAdvisor Member
Horrible!from A TripAdvisor Member
The walls were paper thin and we were able to hear our neighbors talking even though they spoke in normal voices.
Upon check out, we were over charged by almost 400% for one of the nights!!! When we called and asked to speak to the manager, we got her assistant. She would not let us talk to the manager and said that we would not be refunded the overcharge. She was quite rude.
We asked to have the manager call us and it has been three months with no return calls.
This place is highly over rated. Your money would best be spent elsewhere. Don't believe me? Just hang out in the lobby for 15 minutes and watch how many people are upset, complaining to the staff. Good luck trying to talk to the manager.
Great Location;from A TripAdvisor Member
Great property, ear plugs a helpful suggestionfrom kymbny
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1) As voiced by another reviewer, the walls do seem to be fairly thin and the adjoining room had a family with small children for the last few nights of our stay. The screaming of the kids was easily heard even though both adjoining doors were closed. My suggestion, if you are a light sleeper - ear plugs. It's not as strange as it sounds and will make all the difference for a good night's sleep.
2) Since there is gambling and all night entertainment nearby, do not expect a sleepy ski resort mentality. People will most likely be coming and going at all hours of the day and night so keep that in mind. Again, ear plugs make this almost a non-issue.
3) If you are staying here for the better part of a week, do not expect nightly turn down service or maid service. We had to call on the third day to find out what to do with the trash and to get some clean towels. Because it is mainly rented by the week, they do not come daily to clean the room. Not a big deal, but just something to keep in mind. They were amazingly speedy to drop off the clean towels and we received a follow up call to make sure that we had everything we needed.
Overall, a great property and if you have a chance to visit, take it. The town is beautiful and don't pass up a chance to eat at Driftwood Cafe across the street. Great food ~ look for the half-price or buy one, get one free coupons in the local entertainment guide newspapers!
ok, but some problemsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Beware the rooms on the 5th floor!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
I need to preface my review by stating that I am a Marriott Vacation Club International owner at one of their other properties. We had recently visited our home resort, so we thought we knew what kind of accomodations to expect when we would be staying at a Marriott timeshare property. Not so!
We booked a 1 bedroom suite for our stay. Our room was on the 5th floor (I had requested a high floor) which at this property is the top floor. As we found out later from the front desk staff, this floor and the 1st floor (I don't know why for the 1st floor) are the ones to avoid at this hotel/property. The rooms on the 5th floor lose about a third to half of their usable square footage due to the extreme slope/peaks of the roof! This also makes for fewer windows for the rooms on this floor which in turn means the rooms are not as bright as they should be. The bathroom was extremely disappointing, barely above Motel 6 quality and size. The air conditioning/heating duct for the bathroom was located in the wall of the tub/ shower! (Our home property has a large jacuzzi tub in an area just off the bedroom and a seperate area with large glassed in shower with the heating and A/C ducts in discreet, unobtrusive areas). The air conditioning duct in the bedroom was aimed directly at the sleeping area, with no way to adjust it other than to turn it off. Neither of us slept well because of this. To top it off, our view, such as it was, was of the bus depot for the casino buses. And it was a long walk to the elevators to boot!
We did try to change rooms when we arrived, and Joe at the front desk tried his best to switch us out, but because we were staying only 2 nights, he couldn't make a comparable switch to another room. He did spend almost 10 minutes tryiing.
There are some positive points to the property. The parking valets, bellman and housekeeping staff all were friendly,helpful and courteous. The property is only two years old so is relatively clean and in decent shape. The pool area was attractive and the sitting area around the outside fireplaces by the hotel's restaurant, Fire & Ice, was a nice touch at night. We didn't try the restaurant, so can't help there. The property is part of "Heavenly Village", with the gondola to the top of the mountain right out the front door. The Heavenly Village shops and the exterior of the Marriott are very attractive looking. There are many fun shops to check out within easy walking distance. The supermarket is only a couple of blocks away as well, for those staying for extended periods. And the casinos are only a 2 minute walk to get to. Lots of great restaurant/buffet choices there!
The Embassy Suites Hotel is right next door, between the Marriott and Harrahs, and it was very attractive looking from the outside as well. If I were to return, I would try there instead. Also, the Embassy Suites Resort (also a timeshare property) had a nice spot directly adjacent to the lake, although it is about a mile down the road from the Heavenly Village/casino area.
Beautiful Place but...from sacanon
family ski vacationfrom CarlosFR
Excellent Location, Nice Accommodationsfrom AllieKate_mom
Top Local Tips for Lake Tahoe
kids and snow play you can spend $26 for the gondola then $25 for the tubing and play at the snow area up on heavenly, or go to the sno park off of hwy 50 towards Boulder Lodge for just as much fun for a fraction of the cost. Buy a cheap saucer and spend the day sliding down the hills. Bring a thermos of hot chocolate.
Off the beaten path Do research before you go. There are excellent local restaurants near the resort that tourists don't know about!
Harrah's lunch buffet and MontBleu's Unbuffet Both of these buffets are overrated. The Harrah's food was subpar at $12/person and the desserts were very disappointing. The Unbuffet had better quality of food and desserts yet the selection was very small. It was $15/person on Sunday.
Other names for Marriott's Timber Lodge at Lake Tahoe Hotel
- marriotts timber hotel
- marriotts lake tahoe
- marriott lake tahoe
- lake tahoe marriott
- Address: 4100 Lake Tahoe Blvd - Lake Tahoe - California - 96150 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Marriott's Timber Lodge at Lake Tahoe Hotel
- El Dorado Motel Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Stardust Lodge Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Lake Tahoe Resort Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Blue Jay Lodge Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Tahoe Tropicana Lodge Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Blue Lake Inn @ Heavenly Village Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Blue Lake Inn at Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Forest Suites Resort Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Park Tahoe Inn Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Best Choice Inn Lake Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Days Inn Park Avenue Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Best Western Station House Inn Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi