Holiday Inn Express Hotel, Lake Tahoe
Reviews - Holiday Inn Express Hotel
Read 160 additional reviews of Holiday Inn Express Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Lake Tahoe
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Hotel
All other ratings here are true!! This is a very good hotel.from travelakk
and nice hotel with friendly staff and a decent breakfast to get you started
and save time in the morning before you head out for whatever you want to do.
Best deal in town!from sinznstyle
Really Nice Hotelfrom AlanKennedy
Our room was bright, well furnished and tastefully decorated. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom adequate, although the extractor fan did not seem to be particularly effective.
The buffet breakfast surpassed expectations with a good choice of breads and pastries, plus joghurt, fresh fruit, cereals, juices etc.
The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, and we felt very much at ease in the hotel.
It has a great location, only a short walk to the town gondola and maybe 5 minutes walk from the casinos.
You may find cheaper rooms in Tahoe, but the quality of the accommodation and the generous breakfast mean excellent value for money. We'd definitely go back to this hotel.
Great place to stay !from keis0109
Very happy to recommend!from Horsenhounds
I was a little concerned that this hotel (from some of the previous reviews) may not be up to my exacting standards but I have to tell you, this beats lots of hotel rooms I have stayed in hands down.
What a treat to find a fireplace, two Tv's a great two person hot tub and double shower and a huge comfy bed. Not to mention the microwave and fridge.
The only downside of this room is that it is situated under the staircase to other floors - and in ski season lots of clumpy boots on metal can be noisy.
Location is superb about four blocks from stateline surrounded by shops and plenty of places to eat nearby.
We were not disappointed with this place - and when we asked if we could book out a day early ( we changed our plans spontaneousley) the staff could not have been more helpful.
Thank you HIE for a very pleasant stay. Happy to recommend.
4 Star Service, 3 Star Rooms, 2 Star Valuefrom staunchsteve
A tripadviser user, Hayward, CAfrom alohafriend
Decent location and decent servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Location was good, just 2 blocks from casino, and 1 block from grocerry and food source. A disappointment was that there is no back entrance to the beach. If you need to get down to the beach then you have to drive. The facilities were excellent: spa, sauna, and even safety boxes were provided. Overall, the place is great except $181 per room is a little high price to pay while I found most of the hotel still have vacancy when I got there.
I might want to experience other hotel next time but Holiday Inn Express is still in my alternative list.
Good value, good service, and good roomfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Lake Tahoe
Great location - close to everything This hotel is very conveniently located. Many ski resorts are within a short drive - or Heavenly Gondola is across the street within walking distance. The casinos, shops, theater and skating rink at Heavenly Village are just a short walk (a block to 2 blocks). Raleys and Starbucks are across the street. Carrows Restaurant and Applebees are right next door, or a little further walk to a great selection of restaurants in Heavenly Village or casinos. Short walk to the Lake Shore. GREAT location if you want to go out for a few (or a lot) of drinks and walk back.
Tahoe trip dates Spring and fall are the best times to avoid crowds at Tahoe. The "gamblers only" crowd is there then and recreation activities are down. Many of the gamblers from California are going to Indian casinos in that state. The result is that the area is economically depressed, schools are closing because working families are moving away, and the businesses are suffering. Deals abound on lodging and perhaps other bargains can be found as well.
Try Naked Fish for Sushi in South Lake Tahoe Apparently on Mon-Thurs from 5pm-6:30pm, the Naked Fish has Happy Hour, with special prices on appetizers, sushi, drinks (beer, wine, sake) all around $3, $4, $5, $6. We arrived at 5:15pm and got probably one of the last tables available (then the rest of the line--and the line grew while we were there--had to wait until around 6:10pm to get seated again, just under the wire for the Happy Hour). Our advice--get there early or be prepared to wait. Note, we were there during a holiday weekend (Thurs July 5) so that might have accounted for the surge in table waits, but just FYI.
Other names for Holiday Inn Express Hotel
- lake tahoe holiday inn
- holiday inn lake tahoe
- holiday inn express lake tahoe
- Address: 3961 Lake Tahoe Blvd - Lake Tahoe - California - 96150 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn Express Hotel
- Days Inn Park Avenue Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Park Tahoe Inn Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Best Choice Inn Lake Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Secrets Honeymooners Inn Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- National 9 Inn Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Blue Lake Inn at Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Blue Lake Inn @ Heavenly Village Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Station House Inn Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Marriott Grand Residence Club Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Stardust Lodge Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Big Pines Mountain House of Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Tahoe Colony Inn Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Marriott's Timber Lodge at Lake Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Lodge at Lake Tahoe Hotel Lake Tahoe, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi