The London West Hollywood Hotel
Reviews - The London West Hollywood Hotel
Read 541 additional reviews of The London West Hollywood Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Hollywood
Historical Traveller Reviews of The London West Hollywood Hotel
Should be great once it gets rollingfrom jrm_tadvisor
The hotel itself -- a remodeling of the old Bel Age -- is gorgeous. The decor in the rooms and the public spaces is excellent -- stylish without falling into overly-trendy weirdnesses. The rooms themselves are huge and suite-like with (in our case) a great view of LA below Sunset. The bathroom is larger than some New York hotel rooms I've stayed in, with both a double shower and a tub. I've only had breakfast here, and so haven't really seen what the Gordon Ramsey kitchen is up to. The bar is nice, but rather small -- it's actually a section of the restaurant. Techie people will appreciate the free wifi; visiting Britons will appreciate the claim on the room phone that "calls to London are complimentary". I haven't had the courage to try it. Great rooftop pool area; great location for Hollywood / West H'wood and such.
The problems: The service isn't quite there. The hotel has only been open for two months, and the restaurant just opened a few days ago, so perhaps there are growing pains that need to be excused. Nevertheless, I've bumped into a number of service issues throughout my stay that have been either annoying or frustrating. For instance:
* Missing bits from the in-room coffee service: first, there was no coffee, (which was fixed after two phone calls to the desk). Oops -- now there's no cream. The next day: oops, the staff didn't give us fresh mugs for the Keurig cartridge coffee maker. Another phone call gets us some cups, which may or may not fit in the maker.
* When I had breakfast, I sat at my table for ten minutes before flagging down a waiter to get my order in. Eventually, my food arrived, but my coffee request had been forgotten. It came reasonably promptly and with apologies, but, still...
* Today, the valet people noted that they could wash my rather dirty car; I took them up on it, only to receive a phone call an hour later saying that they couldn't do it, for some unknown reason. Sigh.
You get the idea. These are admittedly small points, and I feel like a whiny little snot for even mentioning them. But the hotel itself is so nice (and, as must be said, this expensive) that problems like this just scream out at you. It's like buying a Jaguar and having a knob fall off, and then the service guy spills coffee on your shoes. This is a serious hotel, and things like this simply shouldn't be happening.
But, overall, I really like the hotel -- it's gorgeous, comfortable, and friendly. I'm happy to consider the issues above as bugs that will be squashed as the staff settles in. At least, I really hope so.
Almost finished...from fgaliber
Excellent hotelfrom Solnishko
My new favorite hotel!from TravelerDallasTX
The standard rooms are huge (min 750 sq ft) and the bathroom is beautiful. The waterworks faucets, linens, and shower stall are great features. Just an fyi: The shower has two indidivual shower heads and the water pressure is perfect.
The bed is very comfortable and the seating area is very plush. The valet parking is $30 per day. Currently, they offer complimentary high speed wifi in the hotel and all the rooms.
This hotel, in a nutshell, is gorgeous. It is well worth the price of $299 and I don't think you will be disappointed. Use of the fitness room is complimentary (all lifefitness equipment have individual tvs)
Regarding location, Sunset Blvd is about a 1 minute walk and the Viper Room/Roxy are so close.
Fantastic, hotel highlight of our trip!from pjack68
When the hotel opened in April we were a little disappointed that no restaurant, or room service was going to be operational. We were travelling with our 4 year old daughter and had planned for a Gordon Ramsay in room dining experience one evening. For a day or two we considered changing our booking to somewhere else. Thank goodness we didn't.
The hotel was dead easy to find, and our car and suitcases were swiftly taken care of. The check in clerk was friendly and approachable. My fear that here in west Hollywood everyone might be false and aloof was totally unfounded. Similarly the bellboy was chatty and friendly. We were upgraded from a London suite to a Vista Suite (2 categories) which gave us a high room with South facing views of the skyline.
The room is everything you hope it might be - large, stylish, modern in an individual kind of way. We had two Queen beds with loads of room to spread out, with a large desk area, wet bar and huge and practical mirrored closets. The balcony was great and we took advantage of the balmy LA night to sit with a bottle of wine once our daughter was fast asleep! The bathroom was perhaps the largest we have had, with a double shower head shower and a large soaking bathtub. I can't fault anything about the room at all.
We did find out at check in that room service is available, catered for by local restaurants, and we wished we'd known this before our stay.
The location of the hotel is great, easy walking disance from loads of restaurants round the corner on Sunset Boulevard. This is something we didn't expect, and many of the places looked extremely appealing. Breakfast was complimentary at this time, and was a lovely selection.
We stayed at 8 hotels in our trip to california, Nevada and Arizona, and this was the highlight by a long way. Considering the restaurant and pool wasn't open, this is a real achievement. we can't wait to return. Also coming from the UK the free calls back home was a nice touch (they were free to the UK not just London), but I am guessing something they might not want to publicise this too much or we might all be having lengthy conversations with Mum at the London's expense!!
London West Hollywood - Hipster Chicfrom dre51
Our only disappointments were the inadequate ventilation in the bath area (no ceiling vents or fan) which caused the bath to overheat rather quickly. Also, at this time, the restaurant and pool are not open, but the conceptual drawings look fabulous.
The location is not prime for walking to much, so take the car everywhere you go. The valets are quick and courteous and should be for $30 per night.
We would definitely stay there again.
Nice Servicefrom mschia3358
Terrific Hotelfrom TravelsHappyNy_Ny
Great new hotelfrom dcindc2003
Reopening April 2008from MilleLunes
Top Local Tips for Hollywood
Close to many Gay dance clubs! Walk down to Santa Monica Blvd, turn right and you will be near several gay dance clubs.
Griddle Cafe Sunset and Fairfax. Massive, creative pancakes. You'll maybe eat a third of what they bring you. Free parking in the real. Great place!
Excellent Dining in Nearby Century City While staying in West Hollywood we had dinner at Craft restaurant in nearby Century City. Craft is simply one of the best restaurants in L.A. and foodies should not miss it!
Other names for The London West Hollywood Hotel
- london west hollywood
- london hotel west hollywood
- Address: 1020 North San Vicente Boulevard - Hollywood - California - 90069 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The London West Hollywood Hotel
- Hotel Le Petit West Hollywood Hollywood, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Chamberlain West Hollywood Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Ramada Plaza Hotel Hollywood Hollywood, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villa Hollywood, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Le Parc Suites Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Grafton On Sunset Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Beverly Terrace Hotel Beverly Hills, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Mondrian Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Andaz West Hollywood Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Sunset Tower Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Sofitel Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Elan Hotel Modern Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Four Seasons Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Chateau Marmont Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Raffles L'Ermitage Beverly Hills Hotel Beverly Hills, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi