Grafton On Sunset Hotel, Hollywood
Reviews - Grafton On Sunset Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: Australia
- Traveller type: Relaxation Seeker
Read 354 additional reviews of Grafton On Sunset Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Hollywood
Historical Traveller Reviews of Grafton On Sunset Hotel
Great Price and Great Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Poor service behind ultra cool facadefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good Location and Pricefrom ltp_tango
Nice Touchesfrom PeteronBennett
The Grafton has many nice touches like free water and iced tea in dispensers near the pool. In the morning there is also free coffee and hot tea available in the same spot.
The pool and patio were lovely.
I found the staff to be attentive and friendly. There's much less attitude here than at the Mondrian next door.
Parking was $20 per day, but one will have to pay for parking at any hotel in that part of West Hollywood.
You get what you pay for...from Joysafina
The best thing is the location. It's a decent hotel at a reasonable price. However, things appear really nice at first impression, and then you get to your room. It's nice from a far, but once you settle in the little things start showing up (i.e. broken shower head, broken tiles, dirty-stained floor, tatty wallpaper, poor housekeeping. there were four of us staying and everyday they gave us 3 towels. it was a daily ritual, 'call front desk for towels'.
If it's your first time in L.A. and you just want convenience, stay here. If it's a returning trip and you want something nice - try again.
Funky - in all ways.from A TripAdvisor Member
The rooms run the whole spectrum. We were first allocated what in other hotels wouldn't qualify as a closet. I bitched, claiming claustaphobia, and we got "upgraded" to something poolside. Not bad at all. However, both rooms showed their age - cracks and gouges here and there. While the rooms are generally clean, the public areas are a bit grungy, probably from all the naked running and drinking. Closed in areas, such as the elevator and stairway have a unique odor, something between moth ball and highway rest stop. Location, though, can't be beat. Just doors from the House of Blues, it's right in the middle of the Sunset club scene. The parade of clubbers walking in front of the hotel on a late Saturday is worth the price of admission alone.
disappointedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
General comments: - poor service. - poorly maintained (smell and dirty). - rooms too small (probably converted apartment building from early 20th century). - Almost all rooms have no city view despite being up on Sunset strip. - Cheap furniture (hip factor strongly outweights quality factor).
Specific incident: After checking in, we discovered that there was a cold draft coming in from window. Window would not seal all the way.
After numerous calls to frontdesk and bellman,including two personal visits, finally got an "engineer" to come and look at problem. He informed us that window was not fitted to frame properly and that he could "tape up the window" or we could request another room. We ended up switching rooms. We had to move in/out of 4 rooms before we finally got a semi-decent one though. One room had zero sunlight coming in as there was a huge tree blocking all incoming light. The other was a smoking room that smelled like 50 ash trays...
Minight Intruderfrom A TripAdvisor Member
A total dumpfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Hollywood
beverly centre If your staying at the grafton, or any hotel on sunset strip. Wlk dowb the hill to beverley centre, but cab it back up!!!
Great Views If you are in a car, get yourself onto Mulholland Drive in thehills and drive along it for some great views of the city and the Hollywood sign (and a good look at some of the enormous houses!)
Don't take the shuttle The shuttle is quite cheap, but if there is more than 1 person, get a cab to your destination...Shuttle goes all over the place dropping other people off...took us nearly 2hrs to get our hotel in West Hollywood....wasn't a happy camper
Other names for Grafton On Sunset Hotel
- grafton sunset
- grafton on sunset west hollywood
- grafton on sunset hotel
- Address: 8462 Sunset Boulevard - Hollywood - California - 90069 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Grafton On Sunset Hotel
- Mondrian Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Andaz West Hollywood Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Sunset Tower Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villa Hollywood, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Chamberlain West Hollywood Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Ramada Plaza Hotel Hollywood Hollywood, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Chateau Marmont Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- The London West Hollywood Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Hotel Le Petit West Hollywood Hollywood, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Le Parc Suites Hotel Hollywood, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Elan Hotel Modern Los Angeles, California Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi
- Sofitel Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Beverly Terrace Hotel Beverly Hills, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Beverly Laurel Motor Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- The Orlando Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi