Hotel Hermosa, Hermosa Beach
Reviews - Hotel Hermosa
Read 198 additional reviews of Hotel Hermosa at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Hermosa Beach
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hotel Hermosa
Super Cheap, Super Nice Folksfrom gabriel_moonstar
Poor management, worse breakfast, worser view.from 236846
We At Hotel Hermosa are sorry that the weekend did not work out for you and express many apologies.
However I was the Front desk clerk who took the complaint about the luggage, I was very apologetic, and made an immediate incident report, after reporting this to the General Manager, (Carla Mack) We investigated the situation and found no errors. Our housekeeping staff is extremely responsible, disciplined and detail oriented. They followed all standard procedures.
Concerning the Continental Breakfast:
1.The plastic utensils are brand new from the package.
2.The Baked goods are ordered daily.
3.The coffee is brewed fresh 2 or 3 times per morning.
Concerning the Parking:
1.Hotel Hermosa is the only hotel in the area that provides underground parking for our guests (at no charge). City regulation is one parking space per room.
Concerning the View:
1.Every Building structure at the beach will only have some room with ocean views. The view will depend on the location of the room.
2.Our View of the Pacific Ocean is outstanding, on a clear day you may see Catalina Island. Looking east you can see the Malibu coastline
Concerning Cleanliness of rooms:
Hotel Hermosa HAS continued to receive excellent marks from AAA audits for over 10 years continuously.
This is the only place I stay!from Doug_Kelly
Disappointingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
smelled of cigarette smoke.from crush444
Their is an unpleasant smell of body odor in the elevator. The entire lobby area smelled of cigarette smoke. We felt like we were walking into a casino.
Our non smoking room not only smelled of cigarette smoke but had cigarette burns on the carpet and couch.
This hotel has not upgraded any of their furniture and is in dire need of repairs.
The TV reception is the worst.
The other hotels in the area offer much more for the same money.
The general manager is nasty and your comfort and enjoyment is the last thing she cares about.
Don’t ruin your vacation by getting a migraine from the odors here!
Definitely a budget hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
What a crappy hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I tried calling the next few days to speak with the manager, Carla Mack, but I was given the runaround every time. I was told that she was in the hospital, then it was her husband who was in the hospital then she was there but I was transferred to the voice mail each time. This place has horrible rooms and the worst customer service.
Nothing amazing, but a good value.from dweebe
When compared to some of the big dollars being charged by other hotels in the area, Hotel Hermosa is a good deal. Fair amount of rough edges but they can be overlooked for the price. Plus the decor is straight out of the late 80's.
Hotel is located about a 10 minute drive from LAX right down Sepulvida. If you get into LAX in the evening and need something to eat there are tons of fast food and mid-level restaurants to stop at on the way to the hotel. There is a grocery store, a donut shop, a McDonalds and a mini-mart all within a one block walk.
Plus the covered parking is nice; we were there during the heavy rains of March 2005. Be warned though, the parking garage has tight corners and low ceilings. Big SUVs and trucks will have problems: even saw one Chevy Suburban damage their roof rack. Parking spots are small to.
From an Old Timer (age 26!!)from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Hermosa Beach
Jay Leno Live Jay Leno performs at the Comedy & Magic Club in Hermosa Beach at 7pm on most Sundays. He's even better live and in person. Other big name comedians make scheduled and unscheduled appearances here, so it's always worth a stop.
Great value, people and location Check it out
Midweek nightlife in Hermosa Beach If you are heading out for drinking and general fun midweek when in Hermosa Beach, you need to do some research. Certain bars will be very busy, and all others will be nearly empty! At the weekend it's not a problem because everywhere is busy!
Other names for Hotel Hermosa
- hotel hermosa hermosa beach
- hotel hermosa
- hermosa hotel beach
- hermosa hotel
- Address: 2515 Pacific Coast Hwy - Hermosa Beach - California - 90254 - United States
Hotels Near Hotel Hermosa
- Hampton Inn Suites Hermosa Beach Hotel Hermosa Beach, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Quality Inn & Suites Hotel Hermosa Beach, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Beach House at Hermosa Beach Hotel Hermosa Beach, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Manhattan Beach, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hermosa Beach, California Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Manhattan Beach, California Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi
- Hawthorn Suites Manhattan Beach Hotel Manhattan Beach, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Best Western Sunrise Hotel Redondo Beach, California Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Portofino Hotel & Yacht Club Redondo Beach, California Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Belamar Hotel Manhattan Beach, California Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach Marina Hotel Redondo Beach, California Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- Marriott Manhattan Beach Hotel Manhattan Beach, California Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Best Western Galleria Inn Hotel Redondo Beach, California Distance: 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
- SpringHills Suites Manhattan Beach Hotel Hawthorne, California Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Hotel Hawthorne, California Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi