Embassy Suites Hotel LAX South, El Segundo
Reviews - Embassy Suites Hotel LAX South
Read 317 additional reviews of Embassy Suites Hotel LAX South at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in El Segundo
Historical Traveller Reviews of Embassy Suites Hotel LAX South
Reasonable experience.from SiddMoras
Breakfast is nice.
However the decor of the main hall is a letdown. Looks more 'motelish'. Also you cannot open the windows in most rooms.
Overall rating. good but nothing great.
s not easy for a family of 5from GENOVESA
Overall it was a good option and I would return.
Embassy Suites never disappointfrom dlsrjs
GREAT STAY! Good price toofrom LOARA71
Here are the positive things about our stay:
1. We had a great room, clean and quite as well. We found no problem with the atrium as some had mentioned on prior post. (I am a very lite sleeper and so is our daughter who slept on the sofa bed in the front of our suite.)
2. The hotel is very well kept and has a beautiful atrium area with real ducks and turtles as well.
3. The breakfast was very nice and offered a lot too since it was free with your room.
4. The hotel staff were very nice and friendly as well. They also answer the phone quickly, EVEN at late hours.
5. LAST, and most important.... Listen to this... They also DID NOT CHARGE us an extra $20 for our daughter for the adult price since she was DISABLED. This was great. We have never been offered this. Yes, she is like a 10 year old but we always had to pay full adult price since she was in a room with us. THANK YOU Embassy suites for this. We were so impressed that a big hotel chain would also realize that we didn't want to just squeeze into a room for a cheaper price. We would have paid the higher price if need be. However, our daughter is not capable of staying alone by herself either in another room.
We are very pleased at choosing this hotel and will always, from now on choose this hotel if we need to be close to the airport.
Good value with sunny atriumfrom 1bookworm
Ok hotel, noisy atriumfrom A TripAdvisor Member
As others have posted, the shuttle to the airport runs only every 20 to 30 minutes, and there's nothing within walking distance except office buildings and truck parking lots. It would be about a half hour walk from the airport terminals, but pedestrians are prohibited in the Sepulveda Boulevard tunnel under the runways. The beach is 2 miles west but it's an undeveloped state park. Beach towns with restaurants and shops are a 20 minute drive north or south.
The breakfast was good, but the made-to-order line was really long. They also had scrambled eggs and french toast in the buffet, which had no line. There was also as cold cereal, fresh fruit, muffins, and mini-bagels.
Calls to 800 numbers are free from the room phone, which is useful for people using calling cards.
very nicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Worked perfectlyfrom Go-Buffs-Go
Not a bad Airport Hotelfrom s25843
$139/Per night, $150.25 W/ Tax
The Rooms are large 2 room suites, with a living area with a table and 3 chairs, pull out sofabed, sitting chair, large tv, and a bar area with sink, fridge, and plenty of room. In the bedroom, there are either 2 doubles, or 1 queen bed, and a wall-wall storage unit with a sink, TV, and plenty of drawer and closet space.
The bathroom was not large, and was standard, but clean.
There is a small balcony, large enough to stand, but not sit on.
The staff was friendly, and helpful. There is an airport shuttle that runs every 30 minutes from 5:30am-10pm. Inbetween 10pm-5am, the shuttle runs on-demand. Upon arrival at LAX, I called the hotel, and a shuttle was there to pick me up within 10 minutes. Upon departure the next morning (6am) I was the only one on the shuttle, and asked the driver to make a small detour at the Bank of America down the street, to stop at the ATM. He was more than happy to stop for me, and I sitll made it to the airport within 10 minutes of leaving.
Condition of Rooms:
The rooms are not ultra new, however they were clean and fairly modern.
I ate lunch at the lobby bar, and the food was very good. There is an evening reception with cocktails and snacks, and a breakfast buffet at 6am. I was not able to expirence either one, but, if they are like other Embassay Suites, they should be fairly decent for a complementary service.
If I need a close hotel near LAX, I WILL stay here again in the future
t be backfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for El Segundo
Great Pizza place on main street a few blocks from the hotel Eat at Stuft pizza on Monday nights and they even deliver to the hotel.
Close to LAX If you're heading to one of the airport hotels at LAX, make sure you call on the courtesy phone first to ensure a shuttle pickup. LAX Airport Authority is now charging the hotels EACH TIME their shuttle van comes around, so the normal parade of vans will soon become a thing of the past.
beaches take the time to drive down to Manhattan and Hermosa beaches--great taste of California beach living, nice beach, and a laid back atmosphere
Other names for Embassy Suites Hotel LAX South
- embassy suites el segundo
- el segundo embassy suites
- Address: 1440 E Imperial Ave - El Segundo - California - 90245 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Embassy Suites Hotel LAX South
- Hacienda Lax Airport Hotel El Segundo, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel El Segundo, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Hotel El Segundo, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Doubletree Hotel Lax Airport El Segundo, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Courtyard Los Angeles LAX Century Boulevard Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott LAX El Segundo Hotel El Segundo, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Sheraton Gateway Hotel Los Angeles Airport Los Angeles, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Los Angeles Airport Marriott Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Embassy Suites Intl Airport Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
- Renaissance Los Angeles Hotel Airport Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Travelodge Hotel at LAX Airport Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Super 8 Motel Los Angeles Airport LAX Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Westin Los Angeles Airport Hotel Los Angeles, California Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi