L'Auberge Del Mar Hotel
Reviews - L'Auberge Del Mar Hotel
Read 214 additional reviews of L'Auberge Del Mar Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Del Mar
Historical Traveller Reviews of L'Auberge Del Mar Hotel
Nice hotel, great locationfrom TravelByBike
Best thing about hotel is its location. We parked the car for the two days (they still charge you $20 per day for mandatory valet parking) and walked everywhere. Beach is just down the hill. Several elevated restaurants with great ocean views are across the street. But, you can get cheaper meals of the same quality at the street level restaurants down the block.
Try to time your visit to off-season. Rates vary widely. We stayed during the week after racing season ended and paid 50% of what was charged the week before.
Over Priced unless you get a discountfrom tgmax
The lobby is nice, service was friendly, and the hotel is in the best location to get out and shop and see the beach. Thats basically what your paying for and for 45% off, it was just barely worth it. My wife commented that, "if we would of payed full price for this room we'd be unhappy". It was a trumped up Holliday Inn/lower class Hilton type room. A nice room, but no way worth almost 400$!
Del Mar Plaza across the street is kinda phony and touristy and we had bad service and very bad drinks at the Pacifica restaurant. The mexican restaurant how ever, right next to the Pacifica, is great! The street next to the hotel (on the south side of the hotel leading to the beach overlook) has a cool and busy locals bar and there was karaoke going on tuesday night, and theres also a great little cafe on the corner with outdoor seating-great breakfast!
Herve!from A TripAdvisor Member
Just ask for him, you won't regret it...
Very relaxingfrom beachfamily68
good choicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
visited La Jolla and Downtown San Diego, glad we made L'auberge Del Mar
our home while we were in calif...
Quaint Retreatfrom Travell_Diva
There are plenty of dining opportunities near the hotel. I esoecially liked the Mexican restaurant across the street called Epazote. There is also an upscale grocery shop across the street on the second level. There you can purchase packaged items such as sushi, fresh baked goods, wine, cheese, ice cream, etc.
And yes, there is a mandaorty $20 parking/valet fee at the hotel. We easily got around this by finding safe, non-metered parking within a block or two of the hotel. Be sure to read the signs closely as you cannot park on certain days of the week because of street cleaning.
t wait to go back!from Greataunt
Small hotel, top-notchfrom roeslers
Very Romantic-Very Pricey!from A TripAdvisor Member
Nice Hotel but Worth the Price?from DebbieBalt
I will admit that I was slightly disappointed in the resort vs the description on their website. The website gives the impression of a private path leading to the beach. While the path is somewhat private, it also cuts through a couple of parking lots, over train tracks, and one street. The main pool area was small (looks much larger on the website), and the day we relaxed by the lap pool, it looked like it had not been cleaned for days.
Also, the website didn't note (unless I missed it) that there is no self-parking on site, but $19 per night valet parking. When I asked the desk if we could park the car somewhere nearby (we only planned on driving it once in 4 nights), he mentioned a city garage around the corner which charged hourly. Needless to say, we paid for valet service and the valet staff was very nice and efficient.
A couple of other negatives - the air conditioner was very loud and I agree with another reviewer - when a nearby room took a shower, it sounded like it was in our bathroom.
Overall, it was a very nice place and I didn't really see any other comparable options in Del Mar, so if you're visiting there, I would recommend it. However, guess I expected a little more after visiting the website and for $285+ per night.
Top Local Tips for Del Mar
brunch at Americana Try brunch at Americana. if it is warm, there are great ocean view seats. Try the huevos rancheros and OJ. Cute waiter too! ;)
Great golf at Torrey Pines but plan ahead If you can't golf Torrey Pines, go hiking in the Torrey Pines Park. Beautiful. If they are racing at the track, that is a great way to spend time too. Close to La Jolla and to San Diego.
Food not as good as it's craked up to be! The restaurant in the hotel called J. Taylor's was NOT a nice experience at all! The food was mediocre at best. And WAY over priced for what you get! I would highly recommend going OUT of the hotel for dinners!
Other names for L'Auberge Del Mar Hotel
- lauberge del mar
- l auberge hotel del mar
- l auberge del mar
- Address: 1540 Camino Del Mar - Del Mar - California - 92014 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near L'Auberge Del Mar Hotel
- Best Western Stratford Inn Hotel Del Mar, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Hilton San Diego Del Mar Hotel Del Mar, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Winners Circle Beach & Tennis Resort Hotel Solana Beach, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Solana Beach Hotel Solana Beach, California Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Solana Beach, California Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- San Diego Marriott Del Mar Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 3.8 km / 2.3 mi
- Doubletree Hotel San Diego Del Mar San Diego, California Distance: 3.9 km / 2.5 mi
- Morgan Run Resort & Club Hotel Rancho Santa Fe, California Distance: 6.2 km / 3.9 mi
- Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines Hotel La Jolla, California Distance: 6.9 km / 4.3 mi
- Estancia La Jolla Hotel La Jolla, California Distance: 8.8 km / 5.4 mi
- Woodfin Suite Hotel San Diego San Diego, California Distance: 9.8 km / 6.1 mi
- Days Inn Hotel Encinitas, California Distance: 10 km / 6.2 mi
- Best Western Encinitas Inn & Suites Hotel Encinitas, California Distance: 10 km / 6.2 mi
- Staybridge Suites San Diego Sorrento Mesa Hotel San Diego, California Distance: 10.4 km / 6.4 mi
- Hyatt Regency la Jolla Hotel La Jolla, California Distance: 10.8 km / 6.7 mi