Ramada Inn and Suites Carlsbad Hotel
Reviews - Ramada Inn and Suites Carlsbad Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Carlsbad
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ramada Inn and Suites Carlsbad Hotel
An all time favoritefrom katieroo
Great Family Hotel!from WeB4travellers
Stay elsewherefrom EasyRiderTour
Good value for the amenitiesfrom travelgarden
Travel tips: A lot to do in area. Legoland for kids, Flower Fields, Music Museum, beach, shopping in Carlsbad. Food in the bars is fantastic! Many activities close by: Oceanside pier and shopping, Temecula wine fields (30+), San Diego Balboa Park, Zoo, Sea World 30 min. away. Los Angeles, Hollywood, Beverly Hills 90 miles - although in tourist season could take twice the time on highway. Great time at the Tonight Show in Burbank! Request tickets by mail 6 weeks ahead and then be ready to stand in line once there. Chilly weather (50/60's) winter through March, with few warmer days.
Do Not Stay Herefrom brjzl
I enjoyed the Ramada in Carlsbadfrom dannyg85
Not worth the moneyfrom SerenityNow19
They gave me another room, which appeared to be clean, but smelly and stuffy. If you're staying at this hotel, be sure to bring earplugs because you can hear the noise from the I5 freeway.
The good outweighs the badfrom cvp3
That being said, I will put up with a lot to have an affordable room with seperate living areas for the kids and the adults. When you have to put out the lights at 9 p.m. and tip toe around a small hotel room in the dark because the kids are asleep it doesn't seem like too much of a vacation for the adults. I love being able to put the kids to bed at their bedtime in their room and to stay up and relax for a while. This hotel at least allows you to do that.
For that reason I would stay there again.
great stay at Ramada Carlsbadfrom NeilBelfastN/Ireland
We were not disappointed the suites were clean and roomy , and breakfast was great (and included). We were given a room that faced the pool closet and backed on to the ice machine and vending machines, so at times it was quite noisy , but expected in a hotel close to a theme park.
The hotel was popular with families , because of Legoland, and it was the weekend following thanksgiving, but the breakfast room and pool area coped with the onslaught, the staff were helpful and the computers with internet access (in the lobby) were very handy.
All in all good value for money ,reasonable rooms and good breakfast and only 20 minutes from San diego.
Tip :- great outlet shopping only 5 minutes away.
Good overall stayfrom 4Robshavinfun
The room was nice and clean with plenty of towels. The hotel provided a "dishpack" which included plates, bowls, silverware all wrapped up in plastic, which made us feel as though it had been recently cleaned properly, unlike the dishes in some hotels that you wonder about. The oven nob was missing, but maintenance came quickly and replaced it.
The bed was firm and I found it to be comfortable, but I was using my own pillow as I usually take it along with me.
The breakfast was nice, but it would be nice to have cheese-less eggs.
This hotel is only a 10 minute walk from a good beach and a 5 minute walk from a shopping center with a Ralph's and a Rite Aid, which was really nice for picking up things we didn't bring. There's also a nice beach about a 5 minute drive north. The outlet mall and music museum are really close too.
The only downsides were the AC was only in the living room, which wasn't a problem in November and the noise from the freeway which didn't really bother us as it was really steady.
All in all, unless you're looking for luxury or lots of space (the rooms are rather small) this is a good place to stay.
Try to get a room away from the freeway.
Top Local Tips for Carlsbad
Youo don't have to drive from San Diego Book your flight directly to Carlsbad! I actually saved money doing this.
Take the Buses for a Cruise Down Highway 101 Don't want to drive...take a Bus...inexpensive and nice way to sightsee :)
Legoland We found many great places to eat in Legoland for families with young children. You can do Legoland and the new Sea Life Aquarium in 2 days easily.
Other names for Ramada Inn and Suites Carlsbad Hotel
- ramada carlsbad
- carlsbad ramada
- Address: 751 Macadamia Drive - Carlsbad - California - 92009 3205 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ramada Inn and Suites Carlsbad Hotel
- Holiday Inn Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Grand Pacific Palisades Hotel Carlsbad, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbad Beach Hotel Carlsbad, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Four Seasons Aviara Hotel Carlsbad, California Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Oakwood Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad, California Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Inns Of America Suites Hotel Carlsbad, California Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Carlsbad Hotel Carlsbad, California Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Ocean Inn Hotel Encinitas, California Distance: 3.8 km / 2.3 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Hotel Carlsbad, California Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- La Costa Resort and Spa Hotel Carlsbad, California Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
- Olympic Resort Hotel & Spa Carlsbad, California Distance: 5.1 km / 3.1 mi
- Howard Johnson San Diego Encinitas Hotel Encinitas, California Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Econo Lodge Hotel Encinitas, California Distance: 5.6 km / 3.5 mi
- Comfort Inn Near Legoland Hotel Carlsbad, California Distance: 5.9 km / 3.7 mi
- Tamarack Beach Resort & Hotel Carlsbad, California Distance: 6.4 km / 4 mi