Best Western Creekside Inn Hotel, Bishop
Reviews - Best Western Creekside Inn Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 229 additional reviews of Best Western Creekside Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Bishop
Historical Traveller Reviews of Best Western Creekside Inn Hotel
s gotten a little expensivefrom Mtn2Lake
The rooms were average. Nice wallpaper touches, but really nothing more, nothing less than a nicer motel. You get what you get - remember, it's a motel, not a hotel or resort!
I later went back with my husband and again paid the extra amount for the creekside view. This time we were closer to the pool, which wasn't what I had requested when I reserved it a few months in advance, but still it was okay. The hotel lobby is beautiful and likened to a hunter's lodge with lots of wood, big windows, oversized furniture, high ceilings; very handsome and elegant. You will enjoy it. The breakfast is nice with a good selection of fresh fruits, yogurt, granolas, cereals, bagels and other breads, toasters, oatmeal - cooking in a pot/not little packs, juices, coffees. If you are on Adkin's - this is NOT the breakfast for you as it is carb overload! LOL Not what we would normally order at a restaurant but certainly similar to what you might have at home, so that's fine with us - saves time for getting on the road.
But now, at the rates I see for our upcoming trip, (Sept 2006/$153) I just can't see spending that sort of money for this place for an overnight stay on our way from San Diego to Reno. We wont' be there long enough to enjoy it and get our "moey's worth." I assume it's for the "parking lot side" of the building where your window will look out at parked cars and the trash area, and so forget any sweet ambiance from your room's window.
They are the nicest in Bishop, and I guess they know it and have adjusted/increased their rates accordingly. A lot of us don't want the lower class places and will most likely bite the bullet and pay the extra. But gosh, for a quick overnight stay, I just don't think I can justify it, not when you can find these rates at resorts (off season, of course). Supply and demand comes into the equasion here, I suppose.
On the way to Yosemitefrom capejoy
Liked the Creekside Innfrom SacTown
Nice Place Well Runfrom jerSB
Nicest place in Bishopfrom EMassa
The hotel has a great location. You are located in the center of town and you are not far away from the hot springs or mammoth.
I would defiantly go back.
A special Placefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Worth Every Dime!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Place to stay, Great location.from bang4yourbucks
So good we stayed there twice!from A TripAdvisor Member
We love Bishop!from thesprouts
I dialled a wrong no from the hotel phone(yes I know you should NEVER use hotel phones but it was urgent)and got put on hold only to talk to someone I didn't want to talk to. The bill for that was $12 which the staff waived at checkout with no question when I mentioned I had dialled in error. How good is that??
Bishop just kept on giving!
If we could have taken this room with us on the rest of our travels we would have-we were very impressed all round.
Top Local Tips for Bishop
La Cantina If staying in Bishop, there is a little place along mainstreet (South of the theatre on same side of street) called La Casita. It is one of those local "hole-in-the-wall" kind of places that we visit everytime we come. I don' recommend it for kids as it is as much a bar as it is a restuarant. However, we always have great food and spirits while meeting the locals, who have always been very enjoyable. I highly recommend this little place for anyone travelling kidless to the Sierra. One added note, the salsa is incredible and we recommend getting the hot variety.
Great scenery Great senery in the winter when the Sierras are snow-covered.
Erick Shat's Bakkery YUMMM! Must stop here for some delicious baked goodies.
Other names for Best Western Creekside Inn Hotel
- bishop best western
- best western creekside hotel
- best western bishop
- Address: 725 North Main Street - Bishop - California - 93514 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Best Western Creekside Inn Hotel
- Ramada Limited Bishop Hotel Bishop, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Rodeway Inn Mammoth Lakes Hotel Mammoth Lakes, California Distance: 59.1 km / 36.7 mi
- Sierra Lodge Hotel Mammoth Lakes, California Distance: 60 km / 37.3 mi
- Juniper Springs Lodge Hotel Mammoth Lakes, California Distance: 61.5 km / 38.2 mi
- Comfort Inn Lone Pine Hotel Lone Pine, California Distance: 92.6 km / 57.5 mi
- Days Inn Oakhurst Yosemite Hotel Oakhurst, California Distance: 110.6 km / 68.7 mi
- Oakhurst Lodge Hotel Oakhurst, California Distance: 111.1 km / 69 mi
- Best Western Yosemite Gateway Inn Hotel Oakhurst, California Distance: 110.7 km / 68.8 mi
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park, California Distance: 113.2 km / 70.4 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Fresno Airport Hotel Fresno, California Distance: 135.4 km / 84.1 mi
- Piccadilly Inn Airport Hotel Fresno, California Distance: 135.3 km / 84.1 mi
- Chateau by Piccadilly Inn Hotels Fresno, California Distance: 135.5 km / 84.2 mi
- Piccadilly Inn University Hotel Fresno, California Distance: 135.8 km / 84.4 mi
- Extended StayAmerica Fresno Hotel Fresno, California Distance: 136.4 km / 84.7 mi
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fresno Hotel Fresno, California Distance: 136.4 km / 84.8 mi