Doubletree Berkeley Marina Hotel
Reviews - Doubletree Berkeley Marina Hotel
Read 128 additional reviews of Doubletree Berkeley Marina Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Berkeley
Historical Traveller Reviews of Doubletree Berkeley Marina Hotel
Some nice touches, some disorganizationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
My credit card was also charged for a movie watched after I checked out - I left three messages with accounts over two weeks and never got a call back. Finally I got a very nice woman at the front desk to take care of it for me (and she was very efficient).
As to the hotel itself, I found it very pleasant. We didn't have a room with a marina view (I believe they are more expensive) and we were in one of the older wings. Still the rooms were very nice. Everything was very clean. It didn't look run down at all - although the corridors in the other (newer) wings look slightly nicer (but then who hangs out in the corridors?).
The light switch in the bathroom is lit. This makes it very easy to find at night! It also gives off enough light that you can use it as a night-light when using the bathroom at night. There's nothing more jarring than having to turn on the harsh florescent lighting at 3am!
The beds were very comfortable, although I'm not sure we had the "sweet dreams" pillows they were advertising.
The room was nice and spacious, and all rooms have a balcony. At night it was very quiet (and I'm quite a light sleeper). If the beeping noise was beeping I didn't hear it. My friend in the next room did complain about a noisy family (with small children) who were in the room next to her, so maybe there is some sound if you have loud neighbours.
There is a business center with free internet access which was very convienent. They also have a nice pool and hot tub, and some pleasant areas for just sitting and relaxing. We did notice there seems to be a relatively cheap early dinner at the hotel restarant, but we weren't there at the right time to check it out.
I would definately stay here again.
Hit and Missfrom bkoji
The time before, we were upgraded to an average room in the new building, but the hotel made an error in our pre-reserved room rate.
While walking through the halls to the conference center, it is clear that the older buildings are in major need of renovation. I would not want to stay in one of the older rooms.
Although the hotel continually stresses its ideal location, you should not expect a marina view. The large majority of rooms do not have this view.
Finally, there is a persistent beep, 24 hours a day, to notify boats they are nearing the marina, in the event of fog. Although there is an explanation for this posted at the front desk, the sound can be distracting if you are a light sleeper.
The restaurant is above average for a Doubletree. It has very nice marina views and an excellent Sunday brunch.
s really gone down hillfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Dirty Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Ok Stayfrom Genevax
I was visiting the UC Berkeley campus and the hotel location is great for campus access.
The room was average with nice decor. I ordered room service and it was served quickly and the food was great. Mmmm, Mmmm.
I'd stay again.
A very nice stopoverfrom machete
Oh yes. The houskeeping staff were EXTREMELY freindly, polite, and very willing to supply extra towels etc.
An Unfortunate Mistakefrom SPCTCC
double check your reservationfrom camous
loved the doubletree at the marinafrom A TripAdvisor Member
Really, really liked the Doubletree Berkeley Marinafrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Berkeley
When you have some time.... - Shops and cafes io nearby 4th Ave and U California Botanical Garden
Visit the Gourmet Ghetto Head to North Berkeley, especially north of Shattuck and Cedar. You'll find the best food stores and restaurants. Of course, there is always Chez Pannise. But don't miss the Cheeseboard (Bakery & Pizza), Barney's, Gregoire's, and the new Food Annex with the mini Kirala and the Soup store.
This hotel is not within walking distance to downtown Berekley If you are wanting to walk and not drive around Berkeley this is not the place for you. It is not close to Cal, the Greek Theater or downtown.
Other names for Doubletree Berkeley Marina Hotel
- doubletree berkeley
- berkeley doubletree
- Address: 200 Marina Blvd - Berkeley - California - 94710 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Doubletree Berkeley Marina Hotel
- Golden Bear Inn Hotel Berkeley, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Berkeley, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Rodeway Inn Hotel Berkeley, California Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Travelodge Hotel Berkeley, California Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza Berkeley Berkeley, California Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Berkeley City Club Hotel Berkeley, California Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Best Value Inn Hotel Richmond, California Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
- Beau Sky Hotel Berkeley, California Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Rose Garden Inn Hotel Berkeley, California Distance: 4.9 km / 3 mi
- Hotel Durant Berkeley, California Distance: 5.1 km / 3.2 mi
- Super 8 Motel Hotel El Cerrito, California Distance: 5.8 km / 3.6 mi
- Claremont Resort & Spa Hotel Berkeley, California Distance: 6.5 km / 4 mi
- Marriott Oakland City Center & Conv Ctr Hotel Oakland, California Distance: 8.2 km / 5.1 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Oakland, California Distance: 8.3 km / 5.2 mi
- Best Western Inn at the Square Hotel Oakland, California Distance: 8.7 km / 5.4 mi