The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa Tucson Hotel
Reviews - The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa Tucson Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Tucson
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa Tucson Hotel
Fantastic hotel!from charliesmum
Food was delicious and we found the service to be friendly throughout the hotel. Our five year old loved the pools and slide and was happy to spend some time in the kids club. The place was packed at the weekend, but it was practically empty come the Monday & Tuesday we were there. There were some conference guests, but you'd hardly notice they were there.
We were particularly impressed with the stunning flora & fauna around grounds, including wonderful cacti which are illuminated at night. Also, it's not every day you spot a humming bird drinking from a fountain.
Great rooms, poor servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Pool area crowded and spoiled by VERY noisy guitar player/singer all day - do not get a room by the pool, the noise will drive you mad.
Food at the J-Bar and the Desert Garden Bistro was excellent, but we had terrible service at the Desert Garden Bistro one night, and pool service was also bad. We were also charged twice for one glass of wine at the Desert Garden Bistro and our food order was wrong poolside. Not impressive for a resort of this supposed quality.
Beware if you are a smoker - no bar where you can smoke, and the J-Bar does not allow smoking on the dining patio.
I get the impression this place is only interested in corporate guests - their noisy evening events certainly spoiled things. We also stayed at Westward Look, and although it's smaller in scale and rooms are perhaps not as nice, it had a less corporate feel, and is better for vacationers.
Sometimes these big hotels are great on facilities but let down by service. Reading others' reports it seems we were not the only ones irritated by this.
Heaven in the desertfrom canuck52
The food is absolutely delicious, regardless of which restaurant you visit, and the portions are more than generous. If you can have a dinner for three hundred people, and still receive a steak cooked to order, you know that you have a great cooking staff.
All in all, La Paloma is one of the best resorts I have visited anywhere in the world.
Awesome!!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Wonderful Hotel!from Sundance11
Tucson is an excellent Resort Community - especially with Westin La Palomafrom A TripAdvisor Member
But Tucson is absolutely one of the most wonderful Resort Communities I've traveled too. I'm an advid golfer, play in tons of tournaments, travel coast to coast and abroad, and when I landed at the Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa for the first time.........it took my breath away.
The entire arrival experience made in in "awe". The mountain views, the terrain around my guestroom, gave me the perfect desert experience and exceeded my expectations. I played their Jack Nicklaus Signature course, which in my opinion could rival any top course including Pebble Beach. If you get a chance to go to Tucson, don't pass up the chance to stay at the Westin. It's #1~
Like Everything Else in Tucson . . .from A TripAdvisor Member
Star treatment!from A TripAdvisor Member
You can hear every footstep of neighbors!from A TripAdvisor Member
Breakfast was fine-and the waitress was great. Be careful of a series of rooms that face the mountain, there is a road you overlook that has lots of traffic-I would have my earplugs on for sure.
Would stay again-if able to book same rate.from twozies
Top Local Tips for Tucson
Sonoma County Desert Museum A small outdoor museum, excellent for adults or children. Just right for a 2 hour tour (enough time for the sun and heat). Worth seeing
good food- JBar and Blanco are great eats!
Sabino Cyn SABINO CYN (6 miles from WLP): Taking the tram up is a “must-do”. Hiking the 1 hour short trail at the turn-around is a “good-to-do”. Missing the 1 hour turn-off trail and hiking 2 more hours all the way back is a “don’t-do” (without planning). And did I mention SUNSCREEN?
Other names for The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa Tucson Hotel
- westin tucson
- westin la paloma tucson arizona
- westin la paloma hotel
- tucson westin
- Address: 3800 East Sunrise - Tucson - Arizona - 85718 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa Tucson Hotel
- Hacienda del Sol Guest Ranch Resort Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Windmill Suites at Saint Philips Plaza Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- The Lodge at Ventana Canyon Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 5.7 km / 3.5 mi
- Westward Look Resort Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 5.7 km / 3.5 mi
- TownePlace Suites Tucson Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 5.9 km / 3.7 mi
- Best Western Innsuites Hotel and Suites Tucson, Arizona Distance: 6 km / 3.7 mi
- Hampton Inn and Suites Tucson Mall Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 5.9 km / 3.7 mi
- La Posada Lodge and Casitas Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Tucson Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 6.7 km / 4.2 mi
- Comfort Suites at Tucson Mall Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 7 km / 4.4 mi
- Sheraton Tucson Hotel and Suites Tucson, Arizona Distance: 7.6 km / 4.7 mi
- Arizona Inn Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- Wayward Winds Lodge Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 9 km / 5.6 mi
- Varsity Clubs of America Tucson Chapter Hotel Tucson, Arizona Distance: 8.8 km / 5.5 mi