The Grand Hotel, Grand Canyon
Reviews - The Grand Hotel
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Young Couple
Read 1026 additional reviews of The Grand Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Grand Canyon
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Grand Hotel
s about allfrom SouthamptonWhitey
Typical Holiday Inn - Pretty good.from A TripAdvisor Member
A Great Locationfrom zeebzoo
Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by a friendly staff person and received the key to our 2 bedroom suite in a separate building called the Arizona Rooms. The Arizona Rooms are a different building than the main building of the hotel, and used to be a different hotel called the "Grand Canyon Suites". When we arrived at our room, we found that is was in fact a two bedroom suite and was extremely roomy, except that the sofa, which was supposed to have been a sleeper sofa, was only a regular sofa. This situation left our family one bed short. We then responded back to the desk, and were immediately issued an even larger two bedroom sleep with the a sleeper sofa.
The complimentary breakfast was very good (especially the cinnamon rolls!!) and convenient. There was a breakfast area in the Arizona Rooms, which meant we didn't have to walk to the main building just to eat breakfast.
The best part about this hotel is that it is only 2 miles from the entrance to the Grand Canyon National Park (South Rim Entrance). This was especially nice because we only spent a few minutes driving to and from the Park, instead of almost an hour if we had stayed in Flagstaff or Williams.
Overall it was an enjoyable stay and seemed quite different than the Holiday Inn that I remember staying in while traveling as a child.
The rooms could of been cleanerfrom A TripAdvisor Member
So, Sofrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Hotel and locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
t have a Rubber Fetishfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nothing Special, But Will Do.from dickson_thunder
Check-In was efficient and the staff while not exactly friendly didn't posess an attitude. The room was clean and modestly furnished. I thought our rate was a little high for the accomodations even for the middle of the tourist season. $98/night with a non-refundable pre-paid internet rate. I wouldn't recommend against the place but probably wouldn't stay here if we ever travel to the Grand Canyon again. Also, do not eat at the Canyon Star across the street, the food is way overpriced.
Not bad at all!from greg3564
Just plain DIRTYfrom liddlepeanut
We stayed at this hotel two year's ago and it was very nice and clean. It is now very run-down and dirty. I had made reservations three month's ago and was confirmed for three, non-smoking rooms. Upon arrival, we were assigned three rooms that all they had done was remove the ashtrays. The 3rd floor hallway and the room reeked of smoke. We went down to the lobby and the one (& only) woman on duty became very rude and told us to come back later, as she was too busy.
After waiting for her to check in several more people and answering numerous phone calls we finally obtained another set of rooms. My husband turned on the a/c and it started rattling. He removed the cover and the filter was disgusting. I pulled back the covers on the bed to find a blanket that was torn in shreads and sheets that hadn't been changed. My husband went back to the lobby (3rd time) and asked to see a Manager. The woman said there was no manager on duty and wouldn't be the entire evening and night. She called and sent what we believe was a maintenance man to our room who stripped the bed and had it changed. We pointed out the a/c, but he shrugged it off and said he couldn't do anything about it. We ended up opening the window and not using the a/c. I wore my flip-flops when I showered... that was how bad it was.
My husband changed and went to the pool and promptly returned stating that it too, was dirty and he wouldn't use it. The carpet in the halls are filthy, as are the walls.
Now, don't think we are snobs. We are of the (hotel) belief...'it doesn't have to be fancy, just CLEAN'. This hotel is dirty and the (lack of) management is poor.
Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere or drive to Williams (50 miles) after your Grand Canyon visit and stay at a hotel there.
Top Local Tips for Grand Canyon
Can't Miss: Helicopter Rides and Hiking #1: Pay for the more expensive and longer helicopter ride. It is worth every penny! We actually got upgraded since we were the only two in the shorter helicopter ride. I am so happy that happened, and would tell everyone to take the longer helicopter ride. #2: Take a hike half way into the canyon and back. Pack water, Gatorade, and a few snacks. Not only are the views fantastic, your feel such satisfaction about your accomplishment!
Grand Canyon Get there early, less crowded and you can just drink in the view.
Hiking Angel trail was great and a LOT easier than expected. Wish had hiked farther down because coming back took us less time than going down. If I had known I would have gone when we were younger though.
Other names for The Grand Hotel
- holiday inn grand canyon national park
- holiday inn grand canyon
- holiday inn express tusayan
- holiday inn express grand canyon
- grand canyon national park holiday inn
- Address: Highway 64 - Grand Canyon - Arizona - 86023 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Grand Hotel
- Best Western Grand Canyon Squire Inn Hotel Grand Canyon, Arizona Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Red Feather Lodge Hotel Grand Canyon, Arizona Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Best Western Pony Soldier Inn and Suites Hotel Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 97 km / 60.3 mi
- Highland Country Inn Hotel Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 96.3 km / 59.8 mi
- Travelodge Flagstaff University Hotel Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 97.2 km / 60.4 mi
- Hotel Aspen InnSuites Grand Canyon Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 97.2 km / 60.4 mi
- Super 8 Hotel Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 96.4 km / 59.9 mi
- Radisson Woodlands Hotel Flagstaff Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 96.7 km / 60.1 mi
- Hampton Inn Hotel Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 96.7 km / 60.1 mi
- Days Inn Hotel Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 96.8 km / 60.1 mi
- Flagstaff Days Inn East Hotel Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 96.8 km / 60.1 mi
- Econo Lodge University Hotel Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 96.6 km / 60 mi
- Super 8 Motel Kasper Hotel Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 96.7 km / 60.1 mi
- Best Value Inn & Suites Hotel Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 97.4 km / 60.5 mi
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff Hotel Flagstaff, Arizona Distance: 97.5 km / 60.6 mi