Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Reviews - Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Read 274 additional reviews of Sheraton Anchorage Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Anchorage
Historical Traveller Reviews of Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Horrible front deskfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I was in town for the Mayor's Midnight Marathon, and decided to stay longer and use Starwood points to stay at the Sheraton Anchorage for a couple of nights.
The hotel front desk staff could care less that they assigned us a smoking room when we reserved a non-smoking. She claimed that the non smoking was a request only and that they had no other rooms for us. I was travelling with my husband and 2-year old, and was very upset with having to subject them to a smoking room. It was 2am, and I found myself having to inspect the last of their "smoking" rooms to see if I could find one that we would agree to. We reluctantly agreed to one, only because it was 2am! The front desk staff did not even offer to change our room for the second night.
The room was dingy, dark, and the entire hotel was overdue for an overhaul.
I was very disappointed with the hotel, this is one property that Sheraton should seriously consider replacing.
We thought it was ok - minor flawsfrom mwooduk
We had just a few minor incidences.....the fire alarm went off one morning at 7:30 a.m. and since we were having trouble getting to sleep due to the 22 hours of daylight, that was a pain. We had to walk from the 17th floor to the ground floor and when we got to the bottom in our pj's none of the staff came out to greet those of us coming down the emergency exit to tell us that it had been a false alarm. When we all walked back into the reception area, everyone was having coffee and going about their daily business while we all stood there like lemons! Apparently a guest had used a toaster in their room, burned the toast and set off the alarms but the staff could have handled that better. I also got a bogus charge on my bill when I checked out but this was immediately taken care of with great apologies.
It's a little way out of the downtown area - you would have to drive to the shops, but overall it wasn't too bad. Not quite as nice as some other Sheratons we have stayed in but certainly ok. Maybe if we had been paying $$$ for it we would have been disappointed but for us it worked well and my husband liked the guitar shop across the street!
our stay was okayfrom aspalm
I booked the hotel through hotwire, not knowing what I would receive. The price was more than reasonable. The room we received was pretty nice sized with a king size bed and a sitting area. The room was quite clean, and the bed very comfortable. All the furnishings were new and I saw no obvious flaws.
The fact that there is no pool or continental breakfast is always a flaw in my book, as is having to pay for parking ($7 I think). But I would certainly not hesitate to stay here again at the discounted price I received. Not bad at all!
t want to sleepfrom Roger.pauline
1. Our reservation was wrong; fortunately they had other rooms available so this was sorted out.
2. Despite having asked for a quiet room we experienced: noisy guests in the corridor (including children) shouting until the early hours (we appreciate that there is little an hotel can do to prevent this but one hardly expects it in a club room); traffic noise; and train whistles. We got little sleep. (The room problem was remedied on our second stay when, by insisting on a quiet room, we secured a room overlooking the cemetery.)
3. I was able to write my name in the dust on the shaving mirror.
4. I picked up several pieces of rubbish from underneath the wash basin.
1. The floor lamp did not work. The maintence man found that the light had been unplugged behind one of the beds (presumably, he thought, by the chamber maid).
2. We were awakened at midnight by the bedside alarm which had obviously been set by the previous occupant and not cancelled by the staff. We had nicely gone back to sleep when we were awakened at 12.30am by the second alarm which presumably had been set by the previous occupant as a backup. While we had managed to go back to sleep after the first one, we failed miserably to get back to sleep for some time after the second alarm so had a rotten night. The duty manager checked & found that the previous occupant was air crew so it was quite likely that he had set his alarm for this ungodly hour; he did, though, stress that all alarms should be cancelled before another victim is allocated the room.
We reported on both occasions our view that the lighting in these rooms is amongst the most dismal and inadequate we have ever encountered in a hotel room - anywhere (and we have travelled extensively); the duty manager acknowledged the problem and blamed a design fault for the fact that the light fittings can take only inadequate lightbulbs.
LIARS!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Not too impressedfrom msmav
Housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:30am, and then again at 11:30am! I guess it was my own fault for not putting out the Do Not Disturb sign, but then again, I didn't think they'd want to clean my room so early.
For the advertised price ($169/night through online agancies) I was expecting a little more: the toilets looked like they belonged in a public restroom, the towels were small and course, the coffee in the room was TERRIBLE, the so-called "fitness room" was small, dirty, and had very few machines, we couldn't find the sauna or jacuzzi that they said they had, and the hotel restaurant was hugely overpriced for the quality of food (though the waitstaff was personable and swift)-- "all you can eat" breakfast buffet was over $13!
However, the staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. They use feather pillows in some of the rooms, so if you're allergic, watch-out.
Overall, I guess there are worse places, but for the money, I feel like it wasn't that great.
Make me laugh!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great for overnight stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice lobby, but rooms need work!from A TripAdvisor Member
Standard issue Sheratonfrom alison
Top Local Tips for Anchorage
Middle Way Cafe Great coffee and free internet access -- both tough to find in Anchorage at 8am on a Saturday!
Simon and Seafort's Restaurant Even thought we enjoyed a fantastic meal in the main dining room, the bar was really fun with a wonderful staff and an amazing view. Get there early, enjoy a cocktail and take in the view from the bar.
Glacier Brewhouse Go early if you choose this restaurant. Good Food and good service
Other names for Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
- sheraton anchorage
- anchorage sheraton
- Address: 401 East 6th Avenue - Anchorage - Alaska - 99501 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
- Ramada Inn Anchorage Downtown Hotel Anchorage, Alaska Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Clarion Suites Anchorage Hotel Anchorage, Alaska Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Comfort Inn Ship Creek Hotel Anchorage, Alaska Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Historic Anchorage Hotel Anchorage, Alaska Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- 8th Avenue Hotel Anchorage, Alaska Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Marriott Anchorage Downtown Hotel Anchorage, Alaska Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Hotel Captain Cook Anchorage, Alaska Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Anchorage Corporate Suites Hotel Anchorage, Alaska Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- The Voyager Hotel Anchorage, Alaska Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Anchorage Hawthorn Suites LTD Hotel Anchorage, Alaska Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Creekwood Inn Hotel Anchorage, Alaska Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Hotel Anchorage, Alaska Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi