Chateau Laurier Hotel, Quebec City
Reviews - Chateau Laurier Hotel
Read 302 additional reviews of Chateau Laurier Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Quebec City
Historical Traveller Reviews of Chateau Laurier Hotel
Friendly staff, best location - excellent hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I loved Chateau Laurierfrom A TripAdvisor Member
It was OK...from A TripAdvisor Member
We paid CAD 150 for a standard room and it was...standard.
Our room faced Grand Allee which should be avoided as it is very noisy on the weekends. Chez Dagobert, a popular disco club, is a block away!
Staff were pleasant speaking both French and English.
Parking is cheaper with self park at CAD6.00 in a public lot on the left hand side of the hotel.
So, all in all, the hotel was ok.
Stay at the Chateau Frontenac if you are looking for romance, or a higher end hotel.
A great place to stayfrom Steve05
I got a good deal on this hotel through the official Quebec tourism website, and I was glad to be able to stay so close to the old city, in a well-appointed hotel, for a good price. There is free valet parking, which is a plus!
I stayed in the older section of the hotel, which is a bit cheaper than the newer section. However, I had no problems with my room. It was a little small, but fine for sleeping and watching a bit of TV after a day of touring. The summer festival was on during my stay, and I was able to open my window and enjoy the concerts in the park.
If you have flexibility as to when you can visit Quebec City, I'd suggest outside of the summer holiday period - the city was overwhelmed with tourists, and I'd presume it would be less crowded in spring or fall. No matter when you come, however, I can definitely recommend this hotel.
Great place to stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent hotel!!!from Blugirasole
We took the deluxe room which had a therapeutic bath and fireplace. The room was beautiful and the service was exceptionnal. It was the perfect place to celebrate, really romantic!
I would definitely recommand this hotel to everyone.
Very Pleasant Experiencefrom sbaig
Not a bad optionfrom jeanmarine
One caveat: I booked via phone at a rate for a room in the new portion of the hotel, then called a couple of days early to change our stay by one night, and was told that they had upgraded us at no charge to a higher-priced room with a view, since they didn't have rooms at our rate. When we arrived at the hotel, I was quoted the higher rate and I had to correct them on the rate; they didn't fight me and were pleasant and professional throughout. I also overheard a woman being told that parking would be 12 Canadian per day, and she had to explain that she was told that free parking was included in her rate -the receptionist gave some sort of explanation that sounded squirrely but did in fact honor the free parking quote. (just something to note when dealing with them, just in case.)
t the best experiencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
- Booked a moderately priced standard room, non-smoking, through their toll free number (all the delux rooms were booked) a few days in advance. We were told that our room was facing the park.
- Drove from Ottawa and upon arrival which was an hour before official check in time of 3pm, was met by a friendly valet service and was pleased to learn that valet parking is complimentary. Gave us a map printout and briefly directed us to Old Quebec.
- Attemped to check in anyway at 2pm when we arrived and found out that a smoking room was booked instead of a non-smoking as we had specified. Because of this, our newly appointed room was not ready so we were then told to leave our luggage in their storage area and to come back at 3pm. We found this slightly annoying since it was their mistake to have booked a smoking room.
- Finally checked in at 3pm. Room was on the 3rd floor - not facing the park as we had booked! The room was very small, fairly old and tired looking in general. However, the room itself was clean and we found the safe useful.
- The location itself is not bad as we found out during our stay since it was about a 5 minute walk to the Old Quebec and it itself was near a strip of restaurants that were quite lively at night. However, we found that noises from outside were easily heard - quite disruptive late at night and early in the morning when we were trying to sleep. This would be one of my complaints - why isn't the hotel sound proofed? We are not talking about terribly loud noises but noises like a crowd leaving the bar drunk shouting outside, people getting into their cars and driving off, cars honking. Sound proofind would have helped between the hours of 11pm and 3am.
- We both woke up every morning with really dry and chapped lips, which got worse during our stay. We guess for some reason, the room we had was really dry and we found this odd since we've never experienced this before!
- Before heading up to our room on our last night, we let the valet service know that we were checking out at 7am. We were told that our car would be ready and waiting at that time.
- Checked out at 7am but no sign of valet service anywhere. We had to wait about 10 to 15 minutes while the staff ran around (did they just wake up?), got organized and finally brought our car. Nothing major, but again slightly annoying.
So that's it. At the end of all this, would we go back and stay? Hmmm...it wasn't the worst, but it wasn't the best experience either. For what is advertised as a 4-star hotel, it was more like a 3-star hotel.
KDC & GWB
An Elegant Experiencefrom RinfromMA
The only disappointment was the breakfast that came with the deluxe room "package." It was at the hotel's restaurant and was a really mediocre buffet that was not replenished regularly enough. Also the waitstaff was poor -- we had to ask for decaf coffee four times the first day and we never got it at all the second.
But the hotel staff were amazing and the location and room made it all worth the minor breakfast inconvenience.
Top Local Tips for Quebec City
Excellent Italian Restaurant If you are in the Old Quebec City area, I would highly recommend making time to have dinner at the restaurant Portofino. The food is excellent and they uses real italian produits. Here is the link: http://www.portofino.qc.ca/
Walking in Quebec Bring comfortable shoes!
Quebec city is cool Quebec city is beatiful and everyone should visit the Old Town.
Other names for Chateau Laurier Hotel
- chateau laurier quebec city
- chateau laurier hotel
- Address: 1220 Place George V - Quebec City - Quebec - G1R5B8 - Canada
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Chateau Laurier Hotel
- Auberge Louis Hebert Hotel Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Hotel Manoir Lafayette Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Hotel Chateau Grande Allee Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Loews le Concorde Hotel Quebec Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Classique Hotel Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 7 km / 4.3 mi
- Delta Quebec Hotel Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hilton Quebec Hotel Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Manoir De L'Esplanade Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Le Manoir D'Auteuil Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Courtyard Quebec City Hotel Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Palace Royal Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Acadia Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Le Clos St Louis Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Au Petit Hotel Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Capitole de Quebec Quebec City Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi