Auberge Saint Antoine Hotel, Quebec City
Reviews - Auberge Saint Antoine Hotel
Read 447 additional reviews of Auberge Saint Antoine Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Quebec City
Historical Traveller Reviews of Auberge Saint Antoine Hotel
Excellent timefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Flawless in Every Detail, Romantic, and Chicfrom Dcubita
Staff/Service: Upon driving up, the valet/porter welcomed us and took care of the car, bags, and a couple of questions. The registration staff were warm yet professional, efficient, and polished. We asked about the history of the hotel and were given a detailed press kit they had put together during the opening.
Rooms: this is the true highlight of the hotel. Our room, "Nouvo Monde," featured an exquisite, mimimalist design complete with quality custom built-in fixtures, including the bed, desk, bar-area, and bay closet. The bathroom has double sliding doors, a rain shower head plus a hand-held shower head, and small black-and-white tile work. Everything is very modern, as the room name would indicate, but it is nicely contrasted with subtly-placed artifacts gleaned during the restoration of the hotel.
Location: the Auberge is located in the heart of the old section of town. Streets are narrow and chocked full of boutiques, inviting galleries, and charming restaurants. In 5 - 10 minutes, one can walk up the hill where historic buildings and spectacular views are located.
Overall, this is one of the best (and most romantic) hotel experiences we have had, and we have travelled a lot. We would highly recommend the Auberge Saint-Antoine at any price. There are many other small things I could point out, but it is perhaps better to leave some mystery so that you can discover this gem for yourself.
Perfectionfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Pleasing to the eye....from A TripAdvisor Member
Fabulous Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Amazing!from A TripAdvisor Member
Just okay...from A TripAdvisor Member
I was very disappointed that I had made this change, as the hotel did not make us feel "at home" at all... Yes - the decor is unique, quite beautifully done, and the hotel is incredibly clean... but the service level was not up to what we expected for the rate we paid.
The staff was unable to find our reservation for an uncomfortable 15 minutes, even with a confirmation #. When at last they found the reservation that was "lost in between some of their files", no apologies were offered for the inconvenience - and we left the desk feeling quite uneasy. The staff was not at all warm and friendly or accommodating.
When we returned from dinner, a huge tour group was in the lobby waiting for the elevators. After waiting for quite a long time - we finally decided to hike up 6 flights of stairs to our room. Not fun. In fact, it then took us a while to find a staff member who could show us where the stairs were (and he didn't even know where they were!) Very frustrating!
It took the front desk 19 rings to answer the phone when I was requesting a wake-up call (there is no alarm clock in the room other than a small wind-up travel clock!!). I'll take a decent alarm clock over a Bose radio.
Yes - the location is terrific, the rooms are beautiful and ultra-modern - but we left with a very bad taste in our mouth from this hotel, wishing we had spent 1/3 the amount of money on the Auberge Saint Pierre (just across the street) that we had loved SO much...
t want to leavefrom JoyWryter
Loved It!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Some even had working fireplaces. A definate must stay, the only problem is it's hard to leave!
FIRST CLASS ALL THE WAY!from adyokosawa
Top Local Tips for Quebec City
So much to see in just a couple miles Get up and start walking - stop for a picnic on the Plains of Abraham (take some local cheese), wander the boadwork in front of the Frontenac, have a pitcher of sangria in the Place Royale - take a deep breath and sample the clean and crisp local air. A great city for a romatic, relaxing stay.
Have a great lunch Gourmet lunches at pricey restaurants are a relative bargain
rabbit great rabbit restaurant just behind this hotel
Other names for Auberge Saint Antoine Hotel
- auberge st antoine
- auberge saint antoine quebec city
- auberge saint antoine
- Address: 8 Saint Antoine Street - Quebec City - Quebec - G1K4C9 - Canada
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Auberge Saint Antoine Hotel
- Auberge Saint Pierre Hotel Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Hotel le Priori Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Hotel Manoir Des Remparts Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Port Royal Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Auberge Du Tresor Hotel Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Auberge La Caravelle Hotel Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Auberge Place D'Armes Hotel Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Fairmont le Chateau Frontenac Hotel Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Clarendon Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Au Jardin Du Gouverneur Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Manoir Sur Le Cap Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Chateau Bellevue Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- L Hotel du Vieux Quebec Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Le Chateau De Pierre Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Auberge Saint Louis Hotel Quebec City, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi