Novotel Montreal Centre Hotel
Reviews - Novotel Montreal Centre Hotel
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: Canada
- Traveller type: Young Couple
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: Malaysia
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
- Age Group: 18 - 25
- From: Czech Republic
- Traveller type: Weekend Breaker
Read 437 additional reviews of Novotel Montreal Centre Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Montreal
Historical Traveller Reviews of Novotel Montreal Centre Hotel
Novotel exceeded our expectations!from bettyo70
First off, the location is spot on! You are close to much of the nightlife (clubs and bars of Crescent Street, for example). You are also close to the endless shopping on St. Catherine and the beautiful galleries and museums on Sherbrooke Street. Old Montreal, however, will be quite a walk from here. But we didn't mind because we wanted to take advantage of the nightlife for this trip.
By the way, if you want excellent pastries and coffee, check out Premiere Moisson on Sherbrooke. It's a bit of a walk from Novotel, but totally worth it if you are a croissant addict like me!
Next off, Novotel was very clean; the air conditioning system worked well; the staff was helpful; the rooms quiet and the price totally reasonable. We felt that we got more than our money's worth!
Again, if you are looking for old-world charm in a historic building, this is not the right place. You'd be better off in a bed-and-breakfast in Old Montreal or the Plateau area. But if you want to be in the "center of action" for shopping, dancing, bars and a number of trendy restaurants (Peel Street), this is a great choice.
Fantastic rooms and excellent customer servicefrom chriswin
Great bargainfrom gunnercade
The underground parking lot some people complained about is just fine. Checkout is at 1pm, which is great, but we left the baggage in the car for a few hours after checking out, and it was perfectly safe. As for the location, it's a block away from St. Catherine, within walking distance from almost anything (including transportations), and it's perfectly fine. Overall, we'd stay here again, and I'd recommend this hotel.
Just got back.....from Andreatravels
Tell me a fable.....a fable that never ends.
Whats the matter?
"Oh, canada has a different currency"
I have no sense of direction.
Great Place, but...from Bibescu
Great location. Decent price. Horrible rooms and bathrooms.from Techsan
Very clean rooms, but the rooms were horribly put together. For example, very few lights in the room and very small lights near the bed. The bathrooms have no doors. Its just a small curtain. We asked for a different room and ALL their rooms are like this. The phone and alarm clock are not near the bed. They are across the room next to the TV. So if a call comes in, you have to get up out of bed to pick it up. The TV has no remote control.
I will never stay at Novotel again since this new room concept is something they are trying out at all their chains.
You have to pay to park in their basement.
Good Locationfrom Zabka
We arrived at midnight and had to wait a couple of minutes for the staff to be free (there was just one staff in reception) - but it was OK. We got a smoking room - which was my mistake because I did not specify that I am non smoker - at least it was a good excuse for my husband to have a cigarette :-)
The room was clean with two double beds, couple of chairs, small table and we had a view on the main road. The rooms do not have a safe (only the executive rooms have them) but you can have a safety box in the reception for free.
Brekfast is £ 15.50 per person - buffet. You can have something else but the buffet is the best value. We had just one brekfast here, the other mornings we ate out.
This hotel is just a few steps from St. Catherins Street - super location !!! It is just a couple of block from Metro Peel.
All in all, our stay here was very pleasant. I can't really complain about anything. It was very good value and I would definitely stay here again!
Bad Servicefrom smach1231
The service I received was nothing close to the level of a standard three-star hotel. Instead of apologizing, they weren't surprised by the stains and in return placed the blame on us for not searching around the hotel room for stains. Obviously, they knew of the unhygienic rooms but decided to place the blame on us for confronting them.
Centre of the fun in Montreal at the Novotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Underground parking was usually pretty full ( the signs say the hotel does not own the parking ) but I always found a place.
I will be back to stay here when hockey starts again, as the arena is only a block away, and the bars and restaurants after the game are only a block away too.
Pricing was better than a lot of other lower class hotels, so all in all, I will be back for another stay.
A good place to stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
There are a few minor problems:
1) You have to park your car yourself in a creepy and small underground garage next to the Hotel. During the day, it can be very, very difficult to find a Parking Spot for your car, even on the bottom two floors "reserved" for the Hotel. ( I note that Novotel does not run the parking garage, but....
2) The front desk is understaffed for a hotel in this price range, so there can be long waits to check in or out, get advice, etc. Having said that the staff are very polite and helpful
3) If you want to get Internet access you have to use a difficult-to-use coin-operated machines. At this price rate, there should be free Internet access. Fortunately, there is an Internet Cafe around the corner
I am in Montreal frequently and I will definitely stay there again and recommend the place to to others.
Top Local Tips for Montreal
Just for Laughs Festival If you get a chance...go to ti! The shows are hilarious and the festival events are really something to see. It's a great atmosphere! The festival runs for a few weeks in July.
Try this if you are a pork lover Au Pied de Cochon in Plateau - the best pork this side of Atlantic. Very nice atmosphere, attentive service, reasonable prices and yummy desserts!
montreal bellissima Da non perdere assolutamente un giro al Mont Royale, per dare da mangiare dalla propria mano agli scoiattolini e godere di un panorama sulla città da urlo.
Other names for Novotel Montreal Centre Hotel
- novotel montreal
- montreal novotel
- hotel novotel
- accor montreal center
- Address: 1180 Rue De La Montagne - Montreal - Quebec - H3G 1Z1 - Canada
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Novotel Montreal Centre Hotel
- Montreal Y Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Loews Hotel Vogue Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel de la Montagne Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Maritime Plaza Montreal Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Marriott Chateau Champlain Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Ritz Carlton Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Fairmont the Queen Elizabeth Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Le Nouvel Hotel And Spa Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Sofitel Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton Montreal Bonaventure Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Omni Mont Royal Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Best Western Ville Marie Hotel And Suites Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Manoir Ambrose Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel le Germain Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi