Hyatt Regency Montreal Hotel
Reviews - Hyatt Regency Montreal Hotel
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: Canada
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 568 additional reviews of Hyatt Regency Montreal Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Montreal
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hyatt Regency Montreal Hotel
Hyatt Regency Montreal... not as bad as what you readfrom kcribb1
Access to the underground shopping, including an IGA grocery store. If you have never traveled to Montreal there is a 15% tax addded to virtually everything but grocery items. For those who are on a budget like myself, IGA was very helpful.
Two metro stops are near by, one of which is underneath the hotel... if you don't mind the 5 minute walk to get there, which is not a bad thing after eating all the great food offered in Montreal.
LOCATIONfrom A TripAdvisor Member
ve Readfrom proftravlr
Pretty Badfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The service is TERRIBLE. Examples:
1. Room Service: Twice didn't get our order right and once there was hair in my food.
2. Housekeeping: Didn't vaccuum, didn't have sheets that fit the king-sized bed, or at least didn't have fitted sheets so the bottom sheet always ended up halfway down the bed. Left us with no toilet paper or tissues and we had to call three times within 45 minutes to get some brought to us.
3. Valets: We would sometimes be ignored while waiting to ask someone to get our car while the valets chatted. Sometimes while we were patiently waiting, someone would come after us and the valets would go to them first. Once the wrong car was brought to us.
4. Concierge: Kept us on hold for over 10 minutes.
5. Front desk: Tried to put over $1,000 US on hold even though we had PREPAID our room through priceline (which only totalled about $300 US). They never told us how they arrived at that amount since we had only spent about $500 US when they tried to put additional monies on hold (there wasn't enough room on our credit card). We gave them another credit card to hold the money on and although we paid cash when we checked out 5 DAYS AGO, they still haven't removed the holds from EITHER of our credit cards although we have repeatedly asked them to and they said they removed the first hold a week ago.
Another problem we had with the front desk: Local calls are $1.25, but charges for internet service through a high speed modem are time-based. We called the front desk specifically to ask if we got online throug a LOCAL NUMBER, would we be charged $1.25 or would it be time-based. We were told it would only be $1.25. We specifically asked "So, even if I stay online for an hour, it will only be $1.25?" The answer... "yes". Of course when we checked out this was not the case and we had to spend about 45 minutes at the front desk disputing the amounts and finally getting them removed.
All I can say is BAD BAD BAD service.
Treated Like An Inferior Guestfrom Torontotraveller64
I returned in an hour and got my room but my bags were locked in storage and no one had key to storage room. I was told my bags would be in my room in 5 minutes. I returned to front desk 20 minutes later and still no one could get me my bags. I told the staff that I needed my luggage immediately because I soon had a dinner date. I might as well of saved my breath, not one of the staff seemed to care that I could not get my bags. There was no sense of urgency. I asked for the manager, who promised to get the key to the storage room and have my luggage to my room in 5 minutes. Well I finally got my luggage but it was 20 minutes later. All said it took 2 1/2 hours to get my room and my luggage to my room.
I would never have expected this sort of attitude from such a chain as the Hyatt. Needless to say I will avoid staying at this hotel again.
Not deserving of the Hyatt brandfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I stayed at the Hyatt August 19-21, 2004 and was pretty disappointed. Despite requesting a king-size bed through my Hyatt Gold Passport, upon arrival I was told my husband and I would have a double bed. Not a double room but a double bed. The room itself, 722 if you're interested, is actually one-half of a suite and is not "normal sized". In addition to a folding Murphy bed with a lumpy mattress, one thin quilt and two small pillows, it has a view of the roof-top airconditioning unit. We requested a cot and were told that 'it would not fit through the door." However, we arrived in the room and a cot was squeezed into the space between the folding bed and the window. The small, dark bathroom was clean but would not fit two people standing side by side. Two bath towels were provided, one hand towel and there were no robes as is standard Hyatt.
The unhelpful front desk staff, the word imperious comes to mind, noted that because we had booked through priceline, there was nothing they could/would do. This refrain was repeated by the manager who, ultimately and very reluctantly agreed to move us to a normal sized room the following night.
The elevator situation is ridiculous, requiring you to take one elevator from the underground to the lobby then up a small flight of stairs and around the corner to the rooms elevator. Makes sense from a security perspective but an inconvenient and time-consuming method. Elevators are busy at all hours of the day and evening so expect to wait.
Internet charges are an insane $30/hour at the business centre and it doesn't appear to be high speed.
If you're on a budget, traveling solo and want a safe, clean stay this might be your hotel. If you're expecting a Hyatt experience however, you're better off somewhere else.
not worthy of the Hyatt brandfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Fantastic Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Location, Location, Location.from MaiTai
About the hotel - Located above the mall "Complexe Desjardins", the rooms is old and small. We had three rooms reserved for early August. We requested double beds and non-smoking rooms but did not get them. All of our three rooms were smoking rooms, single pull-down full size bed, which barely sleeps two. The room is smaller than my closet at home. It has the cheapie mattress similar to the sofa bed type and it folds into the wall when not being used. We called to request additional roll-away bed for each room and it took them over an hour to deliver the beds, well over 1AM. The carpet smells and old. The hair dryer looked like it was from 1960 with only one low speed. After 5 minutes of drying, my daughter's hair still wet and the handle started to heat up. Only 1 of our 3 rooms had a coffee maker. The furniture at the lobby is old and wear out.
To be fair, I did like a few things from this hotel that worth mentioning. The water pressure in the shower was great. Strong and never run out of hot water. Two of our rooms has great city view, but was noisy from the music festival during that week. We also liked the clean indoor pool, and the mall's food court is downstairs which made it very convenience to grab a quick bite.
Bottom line. The hotel needs to be updated with new furnitures, carpet, hair dryer, better mattress, and bigger room. Otherwise, it should not have the Hyatt name.
July 2004 great location.from A TripAdvisor Member
Overall, a good value and a nice place to see the downtown from during the day, and retreat to with the one you love at night........
Top Local Tips for Montreal
Sight seeing Take a boat trip down the St. Lawrence river - a great way to see Montreal from a different perspective.
Eating in Montreal There are SO many places to eat in Montreal. We had an excellent meal each time we ate in Montreal. There is a little tiny restaurant called Cafe L'Estranger that is located underground in the middle of the shopping district on St. Catherine that serves excellent food that is fresh and different. We stumbled across it one night when we first arrived and we were pleasantly surprised. I would recommend trying any of the smaller, local restaurants. They were incredible! The larger (and more expensive) restaurant that we tried was our least favorite.
great dining if you are looking for great restaurants that aren't overly priced, but have a great atmosphere and great quality of food, here are a couple: 1) Galiano's - italian food, pasta's are great here. 2) Restaurant du vieux port - best steak around, I enjoyed the appetizers, main course and dessert, best restaurant we went to. 3) Vargas - great rib eye steak, cute dessert platter you can choose from.
Other names for Hyatt Regency Montreal Hotel
- montreal hyatt regency
- montreal hyatt
- hyatt regency montreal
- hyatt montreal
- Address: 1255 Jeanne Mance - Montreal - Quebec - H5B 1E5 - Canada
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hyatt Regency Montreal Hotel
- Hotel Travelodge Montreal Centre Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Abri Du Voyageur Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Select Montreal Centre Ville Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Le Square Phillips Hotel and Suites Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Villa De France Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Delta Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Embassy Suites Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Intercontinental Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Days Inn Montreal Downtown Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Courtyard Marriott Montreal Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Montreal Centre Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- W Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- L Appartement Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Xixieme Siecle Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Place D Armes Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi