Hotel St Paul, Montreal
Reviews - Hotel St Paul
Read 261 additional reviews of Hotel St Paul at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Montreal
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hotel St Paul
OK But Not Greatfrom P-Together
The hotel itself....lobby was nice sorta cool club feel. The staff was nice. Good breakfast in the morning. The rooms were pretty big (or at least ours was). worst part of the trip...the bed was the hardest I have ever slept in ... in my entire life. After the first night I woke up with a back ache and tried to find another hotel (all were booked) or we would have left. If the beds were more comfortable we'd consider returning to the Hotel St. Paul but since we don't expect that happening we'll probably go with the newly opened W and their 'heavenly bed' for a good night sleep which is a couple of blocks from the Hotel St. Paul....before we try another boutique in Montreal.
Spectacular design, phenomenal restaurantfrom SagTrav
For snobs only. (stayed a week on oct.04)from A TripAdvisor Member
Service wise, once, the maid forgot my towels, another time, the kleenex, another time, the soap ... should have I stayed longer :(((
As for the location, although it's near the Old Port, it's not the best part. The surroundings are industrial/works like. If you want a nice hotel with a more attractive location, there's the Nelligan or the Hotel XIX siecle (near Notre Dame basilique). The only really positive things : the abundant continental breakfast and the very nice & helpful staff.
Stylish and comfortable....good location for Vieux Montreal and Downtownfrom scotlass
I have to say that some of the desk and door staff were extremely helpful, giving us recommendations on restaurants while others were slightly more aloof. I would disagree with the reviewer who said that a downside is its location on the very edge of Vieux Montreal. It only takes 10 minutes on foot to cross to the opposite end of Vieux Montreal and who wants to be right in the heart of the bustle and "touristy" shops in any case? Its location was also very handy for access to Downtown. Tip: if you can go during the week, we found the hotel quiet and no problems getting a table at breakfast.
Plus side: nice attention to detail, a beautiful conversion, friendly staff.
Minus side: Guest rooms could have done with a few more creature comforts to take off the "harshness" of the decor eg a lounging chair, larger TV. The gym was sparse and one morning we were there, no machines were available (ok this is really a small detail but if they offer a gym it might as well have a couple more machines). The stereo with classical music is a nice touch but was only every switched on for us for our arrival and no turn down the second night we were there!
All in all, a slightly different boutique-style hotel in an excellent location at reasonable value for money.
STYLISH MODERNISMfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice..But would not recommend it!from A TripAdvisor Member
1) It is on the utmost outskirts of "Old Montreal" Not in the center of all of the action persay
2) Hotel is ultra modern almost to the point of feeling cold and impersonal
3) Rooms are extremely small and sparce
4) No concierge...front desk doubles as the concierge
5) Breakfast is pretty good but the dining room is very small and there were never clean tables for us to sit at...we always had to wait or sit at a dirty one and wait for someone to clean it up
6) Television was tiny!!!
It sounds pretty bad but it is an average hotel but there are much better choices in old montreal. Le Saint Suplice, Hotel Nelligan, Place De Armes.
Loved the St. Paulfrom Chappaqua3
Great Hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
When we were making arrangements to return to Montreal last month, we were tempted to stay at one of the many other boutique hotels which have opened in downtown Montreal. There are so many now, and so many which seem to offer so many amenities which are pleasing to us. But in the end, what convinced us to return to the St. Paul were the memories we had from our first visit there.
And now, this time again, we have a multitude of good memories to remind us of all that is good about Montreal. Everyone on staff at the St. Paul was extremely helpful to us, insuring that we had a cab when we needed one, and extra hangars and extension cords and such, and housekeeping was most accommodating about our erratic sleep patterns. All of which is to say that we are very happy to have been guests at the St. Paul, and we look forward to many more pleasant nights there.
Thanks for all they do to keep their guests happy and relaxed.
t Live Up to the Hypefrom A TripAdvisor Member
A Great Stay!!!from las888
We had dinner at CUBE which is in the lobby, and the food was eclectic and very good....
I would reccomend this hotel highly.
Top Local Tips for Montreal
Yummy food - Schwartz Long line but worth the wait! Go to Schwartz's for the famous smoked meat sandwich. Deeelicious!
Watch out for overpriced "trendy" restaurants Go out of your way to tour around Old Montreal before you make a decision about where to eat. You can stumble across absolute gems of traditional restaurants, some of which are family owned, and offer tons of character. Go for a genuinely gourmet experience - immerse yourself in French Canadian culture rather than succumbing to the newest vogue in dining. We had some wonderful surprises, just because we decided to be open and see what lay waiting around the next corner!
Amazing art galleries right around the corner Go down to St Paul Ouest, only a few blocks away, to see some amazing art galleries. If you are accustomed to buying art in New York, the prices will surprise you (pleasantly)
Other names for Hotel St Paul
- st paul hotel
- hotel st paul
- Address: 355 Mcgill Street - Montreal - Quebec - H2Y 2E8 - Canada
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hotel St Paul
- Hotel Gault Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Le St James Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Les Passants Du Sans Soucy Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Bonaparte Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Xixieme Siecle Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Marriott Springhill Suites Vieux Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Intercontinental Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- W Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Delta Centre Ville Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Nelligan Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Embassy Suites Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Le Saint Sulpice Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Place D Armes Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Select Montreal Centre Ville Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Auberge Du Vieux Port Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi