Holiday Inn Select Montreal Centre Ville Hotel
Reviews - Holiday Inn Select Montreal Centre Ville Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Montreal
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn Select Montreal Centre Ville Hotel
An OK stay in Chinatownfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The room was OK - the hotel is a U-shape, so a lot of the rooms face inwards. We found the hallways and public areas dark and a little dingy. The room was the same, and actually even had cigarette burn marks near the sink. Not so nice. The rest of the room was clean and tidy, but nothing exceptional. Bed was a little lumpy.
Overall, an average stay. I wouldn't recommend paying much more than what we paid for this hotel.
Great location, friendly staff, great room.from A TripAdvisor Member
Easy to find coming from the highway, and located near the old city this is a perfect place to stay. It's situated in Chinatown, the reception is on the 2nd floor and is surrounded by a bar, restaurant and chinese inside-garden. There is also a parking for only CA$16/24hrs.
On arriving we immediately got a larger room without asking on the 6th floor. This was a nice upgrade, larger beds, a desk, very large room and extra seats and table. The only thing was it was quite a long walk to the elevator. There was free WiFi available throughout the hotel.
This hotel comes at a fairly cheap price, offers a lot, friendly staff, and a great location near the old city and subway. What else would you want. I would certainly stay here again.
Disappointedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The room was okay, but the key card had to be reset after every use, very annoying during a six day stay. There was a great deal of difficulty in confirming the reservation and ensuring the proper credit card was charged. Also, while I provided my "Priority Club" membership on check-in, it was not entered until check-out, so any perks due were not provided.
avoid this hotel if you canfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not impressedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
- two lights were broken when I arrived, bulb blown in one, and the switch missing on the other. The service man replaced the bulb but said there was nothing he could do about the other. How about replace the lamp?? When I checked out two days later the lamp was still just an ugly ornament in the room
- noise carries... there must have been a school group in the hotel as at 2:00 AM both nights I was woken up with a lot of loud chatting in the hallways
- remote control was old and hard to use
- the hotel is very dark and dreary. Not a very cheery atmosphere at all. I think it is quite old. Time for a reno.
- the view from the window was of the inner portion of the building which was a bed of rock on the roof of the restaurant. Uuuuuugly!!
- when checking in they neglected to give me the breakfast coupon that apparently I was entitled to.
Age showingfrom FamilySixPack
Comfort, Good Service, Great Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice Hotelfrom utica1999
Good locationfrom rizzop
The Holiday Inn Select is in Chinatown and is close to some tourist attractions. The room itself was nice with a view of the Old Town part of Montreal. I'm not sure about the other room views. There was some graffiti noticed on nearby buildings on the other side of the hotel.
There was a pool, hot tub and sauna that we used both at night and in the morning. The water was a little cool and the pool seemed small, considering how many people stay in the hotel. No one else used the pool while we were there so maybe it is big enough. The exercise room is in the same area (on the third floor) and it seemed pretty good.
We did not take advantage of the spa nor did I eat at the restaurant so I cannot comment on those things. Holiday Inns don't usually have a continental breakfast. We did get an overpriced pizza from room service. The ad said something like "pizza from $6" but we paid a total of $18 for a medium pepperoni. The parking fee is $14 and though the guy at the front desk said that it was validated, the amount was charged to our bill. It wasn't a surprise thanks to comments I read here before I arrived. There are signs everywhere telling patrons to take your parking ticket to the front desk before attempting to depart the parking garage. Anyway, I'll reiterate that you need to add that in when calculating the cost of your stay. Also, note that a concierge controls the carts that bring your luggage to your room.
The lobby area is very nice with the fish swimming in the ponds and the whole Chinese bit.
One of the people that worked behind the desk rides his bike to work and lent us his air pump to blow up some inner tube ring bathing suit attachments so our pre-schoolers could swim unaided. That was pretty helpful.
I'd consider staying there again in the future but would check alternatives.
No privacyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
a) There was no privacy at all, the cleaners just opened the doors without knocking (happened everytime I stayed)
b) One time, the bathroom light was burned out, the hotel would not fix it due to no one worked after hours
The only things I liked this hotel were close to ChinaTown, good underground parking
Top Local Tips for Montreal
Museum and Metro Pass A 3 day pass gets you admission to over 30 museums for $35. This is a great bargain. Many museum admissions start at $5-$8 and up to $15 each. For an additional $10 you get a 3-day Metro pass good on public train and buses. Ask info centers for the bus and metro map for all the routes available.
Have to try the Montreal bagels! They are delicious, especially when warm. There's a great bakery on Rue St. Catherine across from 3 Amigos (a great Mexican Restaurant). The bakery has a large viewing window so that you can watch them hand make the bagels in an open oven.
expensive It seemed to me that the food and drink in Montreal were extremely expensive. Our hotel was a pretty good deal but we made up for that in what we paid for food. More expensive than New York City in my opinion.
Other names for Holiday Inn Select Montreal Centre Ville Hotel
- montreal holiday inn
- holiday inn select montreal
- holiday inn montreal
- Address: 99 avenue Viger Ouest - Montreal - Quebec - H2Z 1E9 - Canada
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn Select Montreal Centre Ville Hotel
- Place D Armes Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Travelodge Montreal Centre Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Embassy Suites Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Xixieme Siecle Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hyatt Regency Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Intercontinental Montreal Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Bonaparte Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Days Inn Montreal Downtown Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Montreal Centre Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Le Saint Sulpice Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Le St James Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Abri Du Voyageur Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Nelligan Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Le Guilleret Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Villa De France Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi