Crowne Plaza Montreal Centre Hotel
Reviews - Crowne Plaza Montreal Centre Hotel
- Age Group: 26 - 30
- From: Belgium
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
- Age Group: 18 - 25
- From: Canada
- Traveller type: Young Couple
Historical Traveller Reviews of Crowne Plaza Montreal Centre Hotel
Horrible stay!from SarahAdams2007
Exceeds Expectationsfrom mbidwell82
We loved the Doubletreefrom hms203
I noticed some of the reviews mentioned the parking lot being unsafe or dirty, etc. I must say that if you have ever parked in an underground parking garage in the city, that they are all the same. I didn't think it was bad at all, and not something I would have thought twice about, let alone write about it in a review of the hotel. You park your car, get on the elevator, which takes you directly into the lobby, and you don't see it again until you leave. Not a big deal at all and definitely not something that should be a deciding factor of whether or not you stay at this hotel. I would think all parking garages are the same.
When touring the city of Montreal, don't drive, take the Metro! It was so easy to use and will get you anywhere in the city in a matter of minutes. It's clean and safe and much better than driving and parking. The metro is the way to go!
Bed bugs galore...from avodemas
1) at the time of reservation my credit card was charged the full and incorrect amount, although the rate required only 1 night deposit.
2) I reserved a king size room and was willing to pay more for that, however, upon arrival we were given a lousy queen room with none of the services offered for the executive king rate, and we had to pay as if we stayed in the executive king room.
3)The room was ok, but the bathroom was badly maintained - the fixtures looked old and worn off, there was hair in the towels and in the tub.
4) There were a number of hotels in the area we could have booked, but having a 13-month old, we wanted to have an indoor pool, hence the choice went to the Doubletree hotel in Montreal. What a major disappointment that was. The pool looked nothing like the picture on the hotel's website. the lighting was dim, the ceiling had big chunks of paint peeling off and bubbling and falling into the pool. There was water everywhere. The water in the pool was extremely cold, so we couldn't even let the baby go into it. The mirrors were cracked. The towels in the pool area were too small even for a toddler, they looked like hand towels. What a horrible sight and a complete waste of money.
5) and last but not least - BED BUGS. Everyone in our party: 4 adults and 1 child included (my parents booked a different room that was located 2 floors below us), got bite marks all over our bodies. We were itching and scratching our entire stay. You can expect something like that during the 18th century but in the 21st century? What a major disappointment! This is my second stay at the Doubletree hotels and trust me, I am not going back there. I usually trust the Hilton brands, but after this trip, I am seriously reconsidering ever staying at any of the Hilton properties in the future. IF it wasn't for the beautiful scenery, our trip would have been completely ruined because of the hotel conditions.
A big diappointment!from justforfood
Three days before arrival we made request for a non-smoking corner room with a king size bed on a higher floor. When we arrived we got a room "next to" a corner room and two double beds on 10th floor. They only met one of our requests of non smoking room. The front desk said she would change room for us as soon as a room with a queen or king size bed became available and we heard nothing from the front desk for the entire stay and we didn't bother because we're fearing we would get a worse room.
The room looked old and if it was renovated it was done many years ago. The decor looked very early 90's. Immediately upon arrival we had a problem with the plumbing. The toilet didn't flush. We called front desk and was told they would send someone to get it fixed "right away" or they would switch us to another room if it can't be fixed. We waited for a good 30 minutes and no one showed up. Hubby was starving and didn't want to wait and we took off. By the time we came back it was fixed but it still looked very scary and more of the same plumbing problem occurred the next couple days. If more than 1 oz of water was dumped into the toilet it won't flush or it took 30~40 minutes to go down. It was really frustrating having to deal with this plumbing problem during our entire stay. There're times we had to go down to the mezzanine floor to use the restrooms because the maintenace personnel was taking too long to get to us (probably busy fixing plumbing problems in other rooms or delivering towels to other rooms).
The next day we came back from our outing we found our bed made up and the housekeeper left a note thanking us for the tips but when I walk into the bathroom there was not a single towel in sight. The toilet paper was untouched, no triangle or anything to indicate anything had been done and there's only 1/10 of roll left and no extra roll was left. We called housekeeping but there's no answer and eventually it was routed to front desk and the poor maintenance guy who fixed our toilet the day before showed up with towels and toilet paper. The third day we're left with no tissue paper and I just made do without it since I was so tired of calling to get problems corrected. I was thinking to myself the previous review wasn't kidding and it probably happened more frequently than it was mentioned. In all my travel I hadn't yet encountered this even in a motel. The hotel can't be rated 3 stars. Both the hardware and service is just way below standard.
After the first night there I found a faint small coffee stain on the sheet at the bottom corner so I placed the card requesting the sheet be changed. The same coffee stain was there when I returned. The same housekeeper that took our tips without leaving any towels just made up the bed and did not bother to change the sheet. The next day I placed the card right next to the coffee stain and the sheet was finally changed. If there's any stain how do I know a bed sheet was changed? Was it ever changed from the prevous stay? The thought grossed me out.
Parking is $18.80 per day after taxes and the rate is the same whether it's self parking or valet parking. They seemed to be short-staffed and always encouraged guests to get the car themselves. Each time you get your car you have to go to the front desk to get your ticket validated if you want to get your car yourself. This is not convenient since there's usually not more than 2 people at the desk and you could wait a while before getting the ticket validated. The previous review said the garage has a low ceiling and boy, it's really low. The parking spaces were a bit tight but not as bad as some of the other hotels in Montreal. We didn't find any junk on the S1/S2 levels or any dog but the garage looks like it could collapse anytime and there's no sign to indicate which way to exit. This whole parking situation is inconvenient and confusing.
Upon checking out a mysterious charge of $193 showed up on our bill and the description was in French which I had no idea what it was. BTW all the other Montreal hotels I had stayed in all took note that we're English speaking and presented everything in English or in both languages. When I inquired about this charge the front desk personnel quickly told me it was a mistake and presented me with a new bills with correct charge. As far as the front desk personnel goes I think they're efficient enough but the service suffered becuase they were short handed.
Overall I would avoid this hotel at all cost. It's not cheaper than any other 3 star hotels in Montreal but you get a lot less for your money. I could understand a little plumbing problem because of the age of the building but when it's a service issue there's no excuse. There are a lot more hotels in Montreal that are in better locations and provides much nicer services for the same amount of money. No amount of warm cookies could make up for the bad services and the bad locations!
Good Decent Hotelfrom Purdy28Paul
was so handy to everywhere. The hotel check (at 9pm) was seamless and
straightforward. We had booked a non smoking room and our room had the smell of stale smoke - we were offered an alternative room straight away - which when we looked at it wasnt as good as the smoky room so staff came up straight away with air freshener to sort the room out.
The room was big - TV, iron & board, hairdyer, neutrogena products, robes, good powerful shower, radios that could plug in an ipod and broadband if required.
The bed was huge and really comfy.
Great view from our 22nd floor.
Breakfast was included and it was great a good hot and cold selection. Staff were ever so polite ensuring you were called by name.
The best bit - the signature Doubletree cookies - when we asked we were given a second one! Worth it for the cookies alone - warm with the chocolate chips just starting to melt - mmmmmmmmm - l want one now!
Very happy Alabama
Loved the Doubletreefrom melanieOttawa
Great Doubletreefrom Pickycustomer
I would recommed this hotel to anyone who wants to do more than just staying in the hotel, even if the hotel rooms were great, there is so much to do around.
Loved the Doubletreefrom TravellerQuebeccity
Althought this inconvience I really enjoyed the hotel and would stay there again if they get more staff and the parking in order.
Top Local Tips for Montreal
Subway/Metro They don't mention it but the subway is right underneath the hotel great and cheap way to get around everywhere!
Good way to get an overview of Montreal I would highly recommend doing the following: 1) taking a boat ride on the St. Lawrence river and 2) taking a carriage ride through Old Montreal.
The Metro Take the Metro when touring Montreal, don't bother driving! Get a map of the Metro stations from the hotel and take it with you at all times. The Metro is reasonably priced, easy, clean, convenient, safe and will get you anywhere in Montreal in mere minutes.
Other names for Crowne Plaza Montreal Centre Hotel
- montreal hilton
- Address: 505 Sherbrooke Street East - Montreal - Quebec - H2L 4N3 - Canada
Hotels Near Crowne Plaza Montreal Centre Hotel
- La Presidence Deluxe Apartment Hotel Montreal, Quebec
- Motel Le Marquis Hotel Montreal, Quebec
- Hotel Chateau De L'Argoat Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Hotel De L Institut Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Montreal Espace Confort Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Auberge Le Jardin D Antoine Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Kutuma Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Louisbourg Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel De L'Elysee Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Armor Manoir Sherbrooke Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Auberge Montreal Centrale Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Gouverneur Place Dupuis Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Bienvenue B & B Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Opus Hotel Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Le Saint Andre Montreal, Quebec Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi