Residence Inn Whistler Hotel
Reviews - Residence Inn Whistler Hotel
Read 317 additional reviews of Residence Inn Whistler Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Whistler
Historical Traveller Reviews of Residence Inn Whistler Hotel
A solid winter lodging choice for Whistlerfrom Worlds_of_Wonder
On the positive side, the Residence Inn Whistler is extremely well situated. The Village Shuttle (really bus) stops almost right in front of the hotel. Moreover, it is possible to ski from the hotel down Blackcomb mountain to the base of Blackcomb as well as to take a Gondola back up to the mountain where one can walk or ski back to the hotel. Certain parts of the hotel face the ski slope, which gives guests a nice view as well as an opportunity to gauge ski conditions. The hotel pool is large and there are two large jacuzzis right near the ski slope. Another positive aspect of the hotel is that there is a ski shop onsite where one can rent or buy ski/snowboard gear as well as deposit their skis/snowboards at the end of the day. As is traditional, this Residence Inn offers a complimentary full breakfast.
On the negative side, the aforementioned full breakfast was the same every day (we stayed for 8 days). The hotel manager did tell us, however, that the hotel was taking steps to expand breakfast service areas which would allow it to offer a more varied breakfast. Also, maintanence was problematic. The security latch on our door broke shortly after we arrived as did the sofa bed in the living room area. Both problems were addressed in a relatively quickly way, but both problem also should have been identified and rectified prior to our arrival. In addition, housekeeping was a little bit helter-skelter. Lastly, the wireless signal in the hotel is not very strong.
In any event, this is an ideal hotel for families. I would not recommend it, though, to couples, honeymooners, or others looking for a quiet, romantic, or upscale experience.
Great Place to Stayfrom HokieSnow
Location, location, location!from jos1e
A huge choice for breakfast, from cereals, fruit, yoghurt, waffles, hot food and a big range of drinks.
Free shuttle bus that came frequently to take you into town, too.
Ski to Sleep!from Jeanne09
The most important thing was location. This resort has one of the best locations in the whole town. It is the highest resort on Blackcomb Mountain. It is trailside. It is truly ski in and ski out! Perfect in this regard. Conveniently, there is a ski valet who takes your skis and stores them for you. It was wonderful. It is a quick ride down to the Whistler Village on the free shuttle, which comes and goes every 6-10 minutes.
Regarding all else, here are our thoughts:
Exterior of the hotel: Lovely. The exteriors of all Whistler's buildings are very similar, whether you are at the Four Seasons or the Holiday Inn. We were told that all of the buildings must be built to certain specifications, which makes for a visually neat, clean and uniform resort town. (After the initial charm however, this gets very boring!) Outside the Marriott, there is a hot tub and pool beside the lobby, which has lovely landscaping. It was full of family fun, and as a result, we did not partake. Warning to Honeymooners and Romance Bound Couples: this is a very family friendly resort - there are excited children everywhere. On the flip side, if you are a family with young children there is no better place.
The room: Excellent! For the price you cannot beat it. We were in a studio with: a comfortable queen size bed, gas fireplace, full kitchen (with microwave, dishwasher, fridge, stove, oven, pots, pans, knives, cutting board, utensils, etc.), dining area with table and 4 chairs, and living room area with a sofa and a television. The bathroom was large. The kitchen and bathroom were recently remodeled and were very clean. Our room faced the back of the building. The views were delightful, snow piled to the tops of our windows with an evergreen forest behind it. There was a little patio area, but we did not use it other than to chill our bottles of wine and beer in the freshly accumulated snow. There were children playing in the new snow outside our room; it was not always quiet.
The complimentary buffet breakfast: Adequate. We did not expect much from an included buffet breakfast and if you are not a foodie, you will consider the breakfast very nice. Here are the details:
Beverages: Coffee, hot cocoa, tea, orange, cranberry and apple juice (all from concentrate) and 1% and 2% milk.
Food: Make your own Belgian waffles with syrup (but not real maple syrup); bagels, muffins, croissants, toast, English muffins, granola, cereal, yogurt, jam and cream cheese.
Apples, Oranges, Bananas and fruit salad (which appeared and tasted to be from a can). Sausage patties and scrambled eggs (not real eggs - the consistency was more like an egg beater mix.)
If you are a foodie - not to worry. There is a wonderful supermarket nearby that has everything from fresh eggs to Wild Sockeye smoked salmon. There is also a liquor store across from the market for your mimosa and Bloody Mary needs!
That being said, we also prepared some lunches and dinners in and had wonderful options.
Finally, the Marriott had coin operated washers and dryers on our floor. We found this very helpful and were happy to be able to re-wear our ski socks, turtlenecks and hot chilis.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.
We would definitely stay at the Marriott Residence Inn again!
A Wonderful Stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
first Whistler experiencefrom xbanker
I chose the Residence Inn Whistler because of the price and for having a full kitchen. Here are my thoughts on Pros/Cons after staying 3 days.
*Full Size Kitchen
*Adequate Pool area
*Free Shuttle Service
*Decent Size Rooms
*Free Wireless Connectivity (didn't try)
*Older Property that could use a Renovation; if on budget however, this place is a good value
*Far - quite a distance from everything...need to drive or take shuttle to Village...nothing near the hotel
*No Onsite Restaurant
*Difficult to find if not familiar with area
*Not the place to stay if you want to have a vivid memory of Whistler
Horrible and Rude Hotel Managerfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice Discoveryfrom Pavla
Location is wonderful, buffett breakfast is still in memory and scrumptious, well-tended inn and grounds with ample underground parking.
Our room was nice, if not a bit small, and the stay was quite enjoyable except for a few odd quirks:
1. The Inn was quiet for the most part of 4 days-probably due to a lack of guests. However, on the weekend there was a police charity event bike race and its 2 very loud tour buses parked in the traffic circle (next to all the NO PARKING signs) and the diesel buses were allowed to run most of the night and into the early morning hours- not likely to be repeated but we felt the desk could have spared everyone all the noise (guests were out on the balconies yelling at the bus drivers to no avail and the desk would not ask them to turn the engines off).
2. We had a Non-Smoking room but it is not enforced strictly enough. The pillows all smelled of smoke and there was a hotel furnished ash tray on the balcony.
Other than those few oddball instances, we can honestly say that the Marriot is a great place to stay at Whistler. Try it.
Great location, excellent servicefrom dkanup
The breakfast, the free shuttle from the location, the nice location makes this a good hotel.
Also, if you go there dont forget to check out the Lost lake near the hotel. Its a great place for kids and adults who want to swim. Go after 6 to park near the lake.
Great hotel, quiet locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
All the employees were very cordial and helpful.
Rooms were comfortable and location was beautiful
as well as quiet. Breakfast buffet (free) was very
nice and had a great assortment. In researching
Whistler, this hotel gets little press, but it is a great
value! Hotel and rooms were very clean.
Top Local Tips for Whistler
The Keg You must eat at the Keg at least once during your stay at Whistler
Shopping Many of the shops are strangely enough full of ski gear - which I found quite boring - all seem to stock the same for exactly the same prices!
Shuttle bus Use the free and frequent shuttle bus into Whistler village centre
Hotels Near Residence Inn Whistler Hotel
- Woodrun Lodge Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Fairmont Chateau Whistler Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Four Seasons Resort Whistler Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Le Chamois Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Pan Pacific Whistler Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Sundial Boutique Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Whistler Village Inn and Suites Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Mountainside Lodge Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Executive Inn Whistler Village Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Crystal Lodge Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Pinnacle Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- The Westin Resort and Spa Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Summit Lodge Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Best Western Listel Whistler Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Delta Whistler Village Suites Hotel Whistler, British Columbia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi