Best Western Inner Harbour Hotel, Victoria
Reviews - Best Western Inner Harbour Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: Canada
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 428 additional reviews of Best Western Inner Harbour Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Victoria
Historical Traveller Reviews of Best Western Inner Harbour Hotel
Great stay!!!!from pagogo
Great Location-walking distance to main attractionsfrom Canuckgirl
Beds are comfy with nice decor. Our room had a mini kitchenette with mini-fridge (with stove-oven!) and balcony to sit outside to eat if you wanted to. As previously stated there isn't any A/C in the rooms. We had a fan if you needed to move the air around and the patio door could be left open if you needed cool air from the harbour.
Parking and continental breakfast were included in the rate. Breakfast offerings were cold cereals, fruits, bagels, muffins, danishes, tea/coffee/hot chocolate and fruit juices.
It is not a self serve; a hostess will prepare your toasts for you.
The pool is rather small but was clean and heated even on May 20th....We didn't go swimming due to lack of time. There's only a hand full of restaurants near the hotel.
We went to Fishermans' wharf and had some fantastic Fish&Chips at Barb's place, excellent and superb/unique surroundings-not to be missed. You can take the little shuttle boats to the Inner Harbour as well if you wish.
Best Western not best for the pricefrom BlackberryBoy
Non smoking? Not!from lucydodd
Another great find for those on a budget.from IfPenguinsCouldFly
Not as good as last time...., but overall pleasantfrom pkw123199
No AC....great locationfrom hulachick2
The hotel is walking distance from all inner harbor areas of interest. Just don't expect to lug a heavy bunch of luggage from the Empress, for example, to the hotel. The streets are a bit complicated for a non local. We ended up walking blocks that would have been short cutted by locals.
There is no inner harbor view from many of the floors...even if they face the harbor. What they really face is a wall of green...which is definitely better than a wall or garbage container! But, if the idea is to see the happenings on the harbor, it wasn't do-able from our balcony.
Extremely helpful/friendly staff.
And, finally, almost nothing in the amenities department. It seems that shampoos and the like are being replaced by tacky wall dispensers of mediocre materiels droplets of which could be shampoo, bath gel and hand soap. I was extremely disappointed in that I really did need some good body lotion and hair conditioner. This was not the only BW hotel where amenities were in the phase out...as we were to find. Definitely a move that you need to stop now before you lose clients to places like Holiday Inn Express...which is doing the exact opposite to our surprise and delight when we found ourselves unexpectedly staying at their hotel nr Edmonton Intl on our final vacation night.
Great Location and Valuefrom Morts
great little hotelfrom triple7
Great location!from Ozstitcher
But the best thing about this hotel was the location. 1 block from the inner harbour...just a stroll to the Empress & government buildings. Also around the corner from the horse-drawn tours which we did & loved. All in all, I would recommend this hotel but definately get the suite! It's worth every cent.
Top Local Tips for Victoria
Airport shuttle/Dining Get frontdesk to book airport shuttle -- cheapest and quickest way to get there and quite practical. Dining at Milestone in the Harbour was a pleasant experience -- fresh seafood and cooked to perfection. Avoid the overrated fish & chips at Barb's place.
Victoria is th e place to be... While Vancouver is a so-so place to visit, Victoria is a place to go back. Excellent weather, friendly people and Victoria has a feel of a small, cozy town. The attractions are overrated here also - Butchart gardens is an OK place, not a heaven on earth as the ads make you believe, but you can just go around and enjoy the Vancouver island.
Plan ahead if you want dinner on Dec 25th If you are there on Xmas day, make sure you have made dinner reservations ahead of time! We drove around and only found a Denny's open, which was packed. The steak restaurant around the corner from the hotel was fully booked. We ended up eating peanut butter sandwiches in the room!
Other names for Best Western Inner Harbour Hotel
- victoria best western
- best western victoria
- best western inner harbour
- best western hotel victoria
- Address: 412 Quebec Street - Victoria - British Columbia - V8V 1W5 - Canada
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Best Western Inner Harbour Hotel
- The Royal Scot Suite Hotel Victoria, British Columbia
- The Days Inn Victoria On The Harbour Hotel Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Harbour Towers Hotel and Suites Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Huntingdon Hotel & Suites Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Grand Pacific Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Inn at Laurel Point Hotel Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Coast Victoria Harbourside Hotel Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- The Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Union Club Of British Columbia Hotel Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- Magnolia Hotel and Spa Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa Hotel Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Queen Victoria Hotel and Suite Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Executive House Hotel Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Shamrock Suites on the Park Hotel Victoria, British Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi