Sunset Inn and Suites Hotel, Vancouver
Reviews - Sunset Inn and Suites Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- Traveller type: Budget Traveller
Read 481 additional reviews of Sunset Inn and Suites Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Vancouver
Historical Traveller Reviews of Sunset Inn and Suites Hotel
Great Location and very helpful stafffrom rjg4321
Excellent Value, Location and Stafffrom randybloomington_MN
Not great, not badfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Our first impression of the hotel was not great, the hotel from the outside looked like an old, ordinary block of flats (but smaller). The reception had given us a parking pass which directed us down the back alley of the hotel, which was unsavoury and made my wife a little nervous as we had our two year old daughter with us. The car park was cramped, but to be fair was safe and gated, plus being free was a bonus.
The room was strange, newly refurbished and very clean, but looked a little dated already. The kitchen we had was excellent, with everything that you would need for a comfortable stay. The bathroom was tiny, with only a shower (which was large). This wasnt too much of a problem as our child happens to like showers, but I would imagine that there would be a problem if you had a baby!.
The bedroom didnt have a door on it, so we were unable to seperate from our daughter when sleep time came, which caused us many problems as you can imagine. Another gripe was the TV in the bedroom, which had a really bad reception, which meant we could only see about 6 channels out of 70. The main tv was fine though.
The noise levels were not too bad, except the other rooms on the very narrow corridor could be heard when people talked. The room also didnt have a safety bolt on the door, and as a consequence, my daughter manged to get out of the room twice as you unlock the door by pulling the handle down!. Gave me a few scary moments.
In summary, the hotel was in a reasonable location, which happened to be the gay village, close to relevant attractions and a good base to see the sights from. My wife didnt feel safe going out on her own, but i felt it was ok. The staff were very helpfull and answered all questions politely and informatively, and we didnt feel ripped off with the price. Would we stay there again? probably not.
Great place/great pricefrom A TripAdvisor Member
"from A TripAdvisor Member
All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The suite was very spacious and nicely decorated. The furnishings were modern and coordinated. While not quite as luxurious as the Royal York Hotel where we had just stayed, it was equally comfortable and welcoming at half the price for three times the space.
All in all, this was a most pleasant experience.
Practical and Good Valuefrom Kinnik
My Home Away from Home in Vancouverfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Overpriced, not much character.from A TripAdvisor Member
The room was clean but the maid service was minimal.
The location was fine (close to Granville Island and Bridges, easy walking to downtown) but further up on Davie toward Stanley Park is a little bit nicer.
Overall, clean but over-priced and nothing special.
Suitesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Convenient, pleasant, near Davie Villagefrom gefrisbo
The hotel is in walking distance to all of Davie Village, including restaurants and convenience shopping (pharmacy, grocers, bookstores). It's a few blocks from the sea wall, and a short trek to Robson and other more tourist-oriented parts of town.
The free wireless Internet access was a nice bonus. And the staff were uniformly helpful. The daily morning cookies and coffee are a nice idea but not as appealing as one might expect.
In the end, we were very pleased with our choice to lodge here.
Top Local Tips for Vancouver
GST refund Be sure to keep your ferry ticket and ferry ticket receipt and get your merchandise ticket stamped at customs to get your GST back. See the Canada GST refund application for more details before you leave Canada.
Granville Island Great place for lunch but best to go an hour before or an hour after noon. It's very crowded during the noon hour and hard to find a place to sit. Great selection of foods.
Save some money I had the Frommer Vancouver book and it gave some great options to save money and still enjoy yourself.
Other names for Sunset Inn and Suites Hotel
- sunset hotel vancouver
- Address: 1111 Burnaby Street - Vancouver - British Columbia - V6E1P4 - Canada
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Sunset Inn and Suites Hotel
- Cascadia Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Burrard Inn Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Century Plaza Hotel and Spa Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Vancouver Central Lodge Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Executive Hotel Vintage Park Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Quality Hotel Downtown Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- 910 Beach - Apartment Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Best Western Downtown Vancouver Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Club Intrawest Vancouver Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Ramada Inn & Suites Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Pendrell Suites Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Best Western Chateau Granville Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi