Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside
Reviews - Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Pleasure Seeker
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Vancouver
Historical Traveller Reviews of Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside
Great Weekend Getawayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great servicefrom CanadianTravelerCDN
The panoramic view from rooms on the harbour-facing side of the hotel - of the fog-clad north shore across Burrard Inlet, framed by an autumnal Stanley Park on the left and the "sails" of Canada Place on the right - is stunning. Service is personal and top notch. The doormen, porters and parking valets are attentive. A Hertz car rental counter is conveniently located in the lobby but it is only open until 4:30pm. A nice security feature is that the hotel elevators require your room passcard to be inserted before you can press buttons to get to your floor (no pass card is required to get to the revolving restaurant at the top, or to get down to the lobby from any floor). Food at the Vista revolving restaurant is delicious, complementing the view, but the chairs are not very comfortable and the food is comparatively pricy at approx CAD$65 per person excluding beverages. Decor in my room was typically mid-range - clean, tasteful and business-friendly but not to be mistaken for swank. Heated ceramic tile floors in the bathroom are a nice touch but the water pipes do make some noise and the ventilation fans don't remove steam very quickly during a hot shower. Altogether a comfortable room, though, and quite acceptable for short-stay business travelers.
Hint: keep the curtains open at night and watch the float-planes silently landing on the water.
The hotel is close to the boutiques and restaurants of Robson Street and not too far from neighbourly Denham Street in the West End, but a bit of a hike to Davie village. Two SkyTrain stations are within a 5-minute walk and the muted mag-lev hum of the occasional briefly passing train is slightly more noticeable from the eastern end of the hotel, although certainly nothing out of the ordinary in terms of typical background city noise. The clubs and bars of Granville Street are about a 10-minute walk from the hotel, as is the downtown Pacific Centre shopping mall. All in all, this would be a great hotel for a summer stay, but like the Marriott Pinnacle right across the street, most of the hotels on the Coal Harbour "business" side of downtown Vancouver feel somewhat isolated when you have to walk through the rain in the Fall and Winter.
The trip to/from Vancouver Airport by taxi is approx CAD$35 each way, and takes about 20 minutes. Don't forget there are no highways (freeways) between the airport in suburban Richmond and downtown Vancouver, so the trip from the airport will take you along major arterial roads (with stoplights) and across one of the 3 bridges that span False Creek before you get into the downtown peninsula.
(This reviewer is a frequent guest at Marriott, Hilton, Intercontinental, Starwood, Gouverneur and Radisson hotels).
Autumn Break in Vancouverfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Vistas Revolving Restaurant, BC, Canada, North Americafrom A TripAdvisor Member
lovely!from A TripAdvisor Member
Best locationfrom Parcha
renissance hotel in vancouver very friendlyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
night prior to sailing to alaska. the lobby and
the entire crew were so nice. i needed to change
a room and the accomodated me very quickly
the staff and service is also to be commended
for being so kind and friendly, they made my
short stay in vancouver outstanding....
Construction Crazyfrom juls
The rooms were a little tired in decor, just average with low ceilings and rather dark all over. Again no complaints on service, really a terrific staff. However given the proximity to the construction site I'd rather stay at the Westin harbourside.
Renaissance--but you better get there soon!from CA78
Another great Renaissancefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Vancouver
Vancouver Aquarium Great place, really well done. Fun for all ages. We have gone twice as an add-on to a Whistler vacation. Stay one night in Vancouver to do the aqarium then head up the mountain. We went with 3yr old, 1 yr old, parents and Grandparents all enjoyed it.
Use the buses Take the bus or the Skytrain around town. I did a lot of walking and sightseeing, wonderful exercise.
Grab the SeaBus to North Vancouver Take the 15 minute ride on the Sea Bus (shuttle) to Quay Market in North Vancouver. It is right next to the Sea Bus terminal and on the water. All the freshest foods (fruits, fish, meats, salads, eateries) are under one roof. Enjoy a lunch at one of the many food stalls or head upstairs for some shopping.
Other names for Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside
- vancouver renaissance
- renaissance vancouver
- Address: 1133 Hastings Street West - Vancouver - British Columbia - V6E 3T3 - Canada
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside
- Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Shangri La Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Days Inn Vancouver Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hyatt Regency Vancouver Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Le Soleil Hotel and Suites Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Blue Horizon Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Pacific Palisades Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Listel Vancouver Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Four Seasons Vancouver Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Tropicana Suites On Robson Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Empire Landmark Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Wedgewood Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi