Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites, Vancouver
Reviews - Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 302 additional reviews of Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Vancouver
Historical Traveller Reviews of Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites
t leakfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Very nicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great views, great location, great hotelfrom Ceallaigh
We figured, because we got a fantastic internet rate by booking with the hotel directly, that our room would be sub-standard. Far from it. The bathroom was tiny, but the room was large and comfortable with a balcony and views of Coal Harbor and the marina from the 27th floor! The bed was comfortable, the staff pleasant and welcoming and it was an easy and pleasant walk downtown--maybe 2 miles or so. Stanley park is a short walk away with hiking and biking trails (and there are bike rental places all over), and English Bay is as easy a walk in the other direction. The bus service is first rate and we used a cab only to get from the train station to the hotel and back.
Better then expected, but needs renovationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The staff was very friendly and helpful. I understand the hotel is ungoing a total renovation over the next few years, so once its completed the place will be great. Normally I expect a little more luxury for the price we paid (eg marble bathrooms, big towels, etc) but this place was worth it, particularly for a family. I would check the prices at some of the newer suite properties for comparison before booking, but if the rate is lower the Coast Plaza is worth it.
We loved the Coast Plazafrom raintroy
Shabby and worn outfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Making matters worse, they would not refund my money for one of the 3 days I was to stay there. In spite of the fact that I was within the time period to cancel.
Another consideration is the location. It's not really near anything and the area seemed a bit dicey. Denman Street had alot of little hole in the wall ethnic restaurants, but that's about it.
Nice location, shame about the servicefrom DW_Man
I asked at the concierge desk about getting a day BC Transit pass so that I could visit Grouse Mountain and Capilano - I was told that the buses did not run any more and that I should book a tour (from the hotel) instead. This was untrue - the bus runs every 15 minutes from the North Shore Seabus terminal.
I also had problems with slow service and cold food at breakfast - I don't often send food back, but this time I did. However, the hotel is bang in the middle of a belt of food outlets so there are alternatives.
Great location, good hotel, when it is not hot!from scubamom
The two bedroom suite has one large bedroom with a big window that can be opened next to the balcony, but the tiny 2nd bedroom had a window that only opened a couple inches. We never did get that room cool.
The point of all this is to stay at the Coast Plaza in cool weather! Find somewhere else, if you need to stay cool in hot weather, that has (magic words here) "Central Air Conditioning" in every room.
Otherwise, I really liked the hotel - nice big suites with wonderful views, and we were in both the 1 and 2 bedroom types. Great location - Buses #5 and #6 stop right outside and the two trolley tours have a stop just a few blocks away. Lots of restaurants nearby - we liked the Parkside Restaurant quite a lot.
I never found the rooftop patio that is reserved mostly for conferences up there, but they have a lovely large garden on the 2nd floor - just take the steps up from the bar area! It wraps around the side of the building and has fountains and a nice little gazebo scattered around the walkways. Great place to relax and enjoy the surroundings.
So, I DO highly recommend this hotel as a good value, however, not when Vancouver is having an unusual summer heat wave.
Loved the Coast Plazafrom 5956
Top Local Tips for Vancouver
Great city Walk to Granville and around English Bay. The waterfront is great. Don't miss the UBC Museum of Anthropology!
Laurel Canyon Suspension Bridge Skip the crowds and the expensive admission charge at Capilano Suspension Bridge and head to Laurel Canyon instead. Its free, not nearly as crowded and the bridge seems alot more dangerous, but its not. There are also places to hike around the rainforest and a station to check out local flora and fauna and talk to park workers. Not as touristy as Capilano - more like a park than a theme park.
Squirrel Crossing Bring hazelnuts!
Other names for Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites
- coast plaza vancouver
- coast plaza hotel vancouver
- coast plaza hotel
- Address: 1763 Comox Street - Vancouver - British Columbia - V6G1P6 - Canada
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Coast Plaza Hotel and Suites
- Best Western Sands by the Sea Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Rosellen Suites At Stanley Park Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Pendrell Suites Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Lord Stanley Suites On the Park Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Empire Landmark Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Tropicana Suites On Robson Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Listel Vancouver Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Westin Bayshore Resort and Marina Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Pacific Palisades Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Blue Horizon Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Sunset Inn and Suites Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.7 mi
- Shangri La Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Century Plaza Hotel and Spa Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Burrard Inn Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel Vancouver, British Columbia Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi