Hotel Arts, Calgary
Reviews - Hotel Arts
Read 222 additional reviews of Hotel Arts at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Calgary
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hotel Arts
Hate or lovefrom heckfy
What I like:
- Good location
- Cheap parking
- Nice plasma TVs
What I don't like:
- Design. It is clearly different. They are trying to look modern, but feels a bit tasteless to me. I couldn't figure out where are the switches for some lights etc.
- Pool. This is supposed to be a year around heated outdoors pool. Unfortunately, it has not lighting, so they close it when it gets dark and in winter it gets dark really early. So you can't swim after work.
- Heaters are really noisy.
Overall, it's an ok place to stay, some people will probably like the "fresh" design, there is nothing particulary bad, but if you are lookiing for some traditional mainstream highrise hotel, there are probably better alternatives around.
We love the Hotel Arts!!from JettEdmonton
I cannot say we have wined and dined there, we always go "out" but the facilities "look" fabulous.
In the summer, I adore sitting by the gorgeous pool and getting waited on. Its the Best!!
For the price you pay compared to other downtown hotels...you cannot beat it.
Great potentialfrom EastKootenayVisitor
My room was on 2nd floor, just above the main entrance, which was noisy at 1:30 AM when people were leaving or coming to hotel from a night out. Rooms have balconies with sliding doors, which did not have shears, so with curtains open, workers across the street could see you in your jammies. Also my sliding glass door was NOT locked from inside when I arrived...this is a potential security hazard: given my room was on the 2nd floor and balcony easily accessible to would be thieves.
Personally, I would recommend any women travelling alone, to ask for a room higher up and immediate area is a bit dodgy for female travellers.
Hotel is within walking distance to downtown and 17th Ave area...some homeless people, which is a scandal considering Calgary's wealth.
I am looking forward to see the improvements over the next year...it has great potential and I would give management the benefit of the doubt since they are still new. They have the inside and service just about right, now they have to work on the outside and security. I wish the hotel had had a "comments" card, as I would like to have wirten them my observations. I think it can be a great hotel if care and attention are give to the above mentioned issues.
Calgary gets New York style AND pricesfrom RoadWarrior
It looks cool, and I did get a good sleep. If the price was $200/night I would have given it a 4 out of 5 rating, but for that price I expect good quality towels, a clean bathroom and more attention to detail. The wait for a taxi in the morning wasn't nice either, but that isn't the hotels fault I don't think... but -20 and waiting 15 minutes for a taxi outside is not a great way to start the day.
excellent customer servicefrom lida.15
Would I choose to stay here again? Probably not. It's not in the best neighborhood and the decor, although very nice, felt cold and uninviting. For those that like the boutique style hotel, it is the perfect choice.
s poetic)from mattymclangley
When we got there, we were very impressed. It looked like some major renovations had been done. Everything was very stylish. The lobby had a great decor. I think we were most impressed when we got to our room. Last September, I stayed at the brand new Wynn hotel in Las Vegas. The rooms at the Hotel Arts compared favorably. The beds had plush down pillows and comforters, there was a patio over-looking the pool, and there was huge flat screen TV on the wall.
Another feature of the hotel that we enjoyed was the pool area. It is directly attached the martini bar, so when you are sitting around the pool, the waitresses come around to take drink and food orders. We spent one beautiful afternoon at the pool side drinking highballs, and we ended up having a great meal. Including drinks, our bill was probably $80 each but it was well worth. The food was high quality. I had the pan seared sable fish which was quite tasty (although less than I would normally eat). My other friends has the lamb dish and one had the chicken breast (all of which looked great).
The staff at the hotel was always very friendly when we were entering or exiting the hotel.
The only complaint that we would possibly have came from a misunderstanding at the front desk. When we checked-in, my friend asked specifically twice how much it would cost for two nights. They quoted him a little over $200 which sounded too good to be true given the quality of the hotel. We found out on check out that it was too good to be true. It turns out that they were quoting him the nightly rate. Ooops. He paid it after they showed him that he had signed a form agreeing to that price, but wasn't too happy with the fact that they didn't make it a bit clearer.
Besides that everything about this hotel was dynomite. I think I would probably stay there again knowing that the rate was over $200 per night....as long as my friend was paying. :)
chic hotel get awayfrom Cessnati
Loved itfrom A TripAdvisor Member
In response to some of the unfavorable reviews... yes, the pool area is sometimes booked for private functions, but there were plenty of times I saw people swimming/sunbathing. And as for the safety of the surrounding area, I never felt unsafe and I was always out walking by myself.
I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Hotel Arts, keep up the good work!!
Pool at the Hotel Artsfrom m.astro
Other than that it was ok, if over-priced.
great foyer but average roomsfrom England4444
Top Local Tips for Calgary
Match prices They will match other downtown hotel rates if you find another hotel for less.
Bankers Hall For upscale shopping, make sure to visit Bankers Hall!
A great small tour company (good for customised tours as well) I came across the following organisation "timeout for touring" run by the delightul Ione Olesen (www.tour-time.com). There were less than 10 of us in her wonderful vehicle and we had a great time at Banff/Lake Louise. She was quite flexible depending on what the group wanted to do as a whole and added her own personable touches - home made cake. She was very knowledgable and warm.
Other names for Hotel Arts
- hotel arts calgary
- arts hotel calgary
- Address: 119 - 12 Avenue SW - Calgary - Alberta - T2R 0G8 - Canada
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hotel Arts
- Palliser Restaurant Motel & Gifts Hotel Truro, Nova Scotia Distance: 3743.5 km / 2326.1 mi
- The Fairmont Palliser Hotel Calgary, Alberta Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Marriott Calgary Hotel Calgary, Alberta Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hyatt Regency Calgary Hotel Calgary, Alberta Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Elbow River Inn and Casino Hotel Calgary, Alberta Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- International Hotel Of Calgary Calgary, Alberta Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Delta Bow Valley Hotel Calgary, Alberta Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- The Westin Calgary Hotel Calgary, Alberta Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Calgary Downtown Suites Hotel Calgary, Alberta Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Regency Suites Hotel Calgary, Alberta Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Best Western Suites Downtown Hotel Calgary, Alberta Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire Hotel Calgary, Alberta Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Execsuite Hotel Calgary, Alberta Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Sandman Hotel Calgary Calgary, Alberta Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Calgary Downtown Calgary, Alberta Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi