Sheraton Deira Hotel and Towers, Dubai
Reviews - Sheraton Deira Hotel and Towers
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: Australia
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 205 additional reviews of Sheraton Deira Hotel and Towers at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Dubai
Historical Traveller Reviews of Sheraton Deira Hotel and Towers
Amazing hotel!from WOLF_CUB
We were travelling as a couple in our 20s and looking for a central base.
Cabs are cheap in Dubai so you can stay pretty much every where and get around cheaply - but I feel staying away from the Sheik Zayed Rd is also a bonus as the traffic there or near it is a NIGHTMARE during rushour.
We checked in and were upgraded to a honeymoon suite as the hotle wasnt full!
We arrvied approx 7am so our room wasnt ready - however the staff had it cleaned and prpared within 1/2 hour!
We were giving wine and fruit (changed daily) which was a ncie touch.
The rooms are basic but adeqauate and spacious - they have all the amenities you could want and if there is anything else you need (we wanted a bigger ironing board) you can phone down and it will be sent up within minutes - free of charge (this inc any toiletires you may have forgotten/ run out of)
We had planned to eat out at different hotels and restraunts during out stay - but on the 1st night (due to being to tired and shopped out) we decided to try the buffet in the hotel - it was AMAZING!
We ended up eating there every night bar one!
The food was great value for ££ - dinner was costing us approx £30 for two (inc soft drinks) - a similar meal at the Hyatt Regency cost approx £70 - and the food wasnt as of a good standard.
Breakfast was equally as fab! So much variety and great that you can still get a Halal full English!
The pool area is nice - pool itself is fairly small (as with most roof top pools in Dubai - but this was bigger than the one the Hilton has for example) but we had it to ourselves most days and the swim up bar is a nice touch!
So - YES you can hear and see the planes above you - some are louder than others - but I have to say it totally did not bother us - in fact when I had my I-pod on I couldnt hear them at all!
It may bother some people though - we thought it was actually quite interesting watching them fly over!! Each to their own though!
The staff are all so helpull and pleasant - even by Dubai standards - they could not do more for you - special mention toour waitres SUSAN - what a lovely lady!!!
Even the manager comes to personally speak to you each day to check you are enjoying your stay and to see if there is anything he can assist you with!
Overall the friendly and welcoming atmosphere along with the great food made our stay perfect - we will 100% be returning next year!
The suites are fantasticfrom quixotic_spider
Good for a stopover.from Planenut
Disappointedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
- Poor check in with our bags taking 2 hrs to be delivered even though it was 5am in the morning
- room was poor with no bar snacks or contents in the stained fridge
- Staff knocking on the door and entering without waiting for a reply
Only the fact that we were staying for two days saved the day!
Not for vacationfrom blueroose
This property is definitely not ideal if you are on vacation. Yes, it's close to the gold souq, but that gets old after one day. The location is smack in the middle of this predominantly Indian suburb...very different from other parts of Dubai.
At checkin, they kept telling us our room would be ready in 20 minutes. Over 2.5 hours later, we finally got it. Supposedly they gave us the quietest room in the hotel (as a thanks for waiting), but it literally was right on top of the nightclub below and the music rocked the room all night long.
Hotel staff were very nice, just don't visit the restaurant. Staff are rude, careless and the food is way over-priced...something like 65 DHS per person. That's a lot if you only want a bagel and coffee. The espresso bar is also over-priced.
The best part of staying at this hotel was the massage we received. If you like deep tissue, you have to try it!
Good Value Hotelfrom fdonni
Fabulous Hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
Would I stay there again, in a heartbeat.
Complain loudly and early!from recchisur
Loved the Sheraton Deirafrom Rmwanga
Also since we had gone to do shopping in dubai, the hotels location was ideal since it is centrally located and near the Gold Souks. I would also suggest to any planning to visit to make sure to go for the Dhow Dinner cruise on the creek it was excellent.
Outstanding Hotel!!!from evanrhys
Top Local Tips for Dubai
The Meat Co and the One&Only Royal Mirage Rooftop Bar Good place for steak with great views if you have an outside table. The One&Only also has good views and atmosphere, although drinks are quite expensive.
Dhow Ship Dinner If you are with a significant other, I would recommend booking an evening dinner on a Dhow ship. Bookings are available at almost all hotels and transportation to and from is included. The only exception is alcohol.
Water taxis - great timesaver and cheap, too! When going back and forth across Dubai Creek, let's say from the Dubai Museum to the Gold Souk and vice versa, take a water taxi. VERY CHEAP - only one dirham! Fast, too, since you don't have to drive to the nearest bridge and most likely get stuck in traffic. You'll be travelling with the locals and it's a quick enjoyable ride across the creek!
Other names for Sheraton Deira Hotel and Towers
- sheraton dubai
- sheraton deira dubai
- sheraton deira
- dubai sheraton
- Address: Al Muteena Dubai - Dubai - 5772 - United Arab Emirates
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Sheraton Deira Hotel and Towers
- Le Meridien Fairways Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 5.4 km / 3.3 mi
- Ascot Hotel Dubai Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 5.1 km / 3.2 mi
- Hyatt Regency Dubai Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Carlton Tower Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Astoria Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- New Penninsula Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
- The Landmark Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Al Khaleej Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Radisson Blu Hotel Deira Creek Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Admiral Plaza Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
- Moon Valley Hotel Apartments Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel Tower Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Le Meridien Residence Deira Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 5.7 km / 3.5 mi
- Khalidia Hotel Apartments Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Al Khaleej Palace Hotel Dubai, United Arab Emirates Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi